Goal of 20 lbs down by Christmas...any joiners?

Options

Replies

• wingsofnight
    Options
    Hopefully, I'll loose more than 20 by then. But 20 is a start!
  • Bookie505
    Bookie505 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I just joined MFP today so I'm not sure how everything works, but I would love to join this challenge. SW : 166 GW : 146
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: as of today (and after over a week basically on bedrest from a car wreck) 173
    GOAL: 153
  • cmancini87
    Options
    Anyone following a particular diet? I am thinking of either doing gluten free of paleo just so I can be confident that I will reach my goal.
  • lizsil
    lizsil Posts: 2
    Options
    I wanna join!!

CW:132
    GW:122

It may not be 20lbs, but its all about the support right?? And I am really going to need it especially with the holidays lurking among us. I used to be active with MFP, but I got caught up in moving across states... Now that I am somewhat settled I need to get back in the groove and lose all this weight I gained back and some. I'm looking forward!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL :)
    +++++ AND SENDING Y'ALL POSITIVE VIBES!! +++++
  • kirbyland
    kirbyland Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Here Here! I'm down 7 pounds already so I got 13 more to go....I can do it!!!
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    That's not a healthy rate at which to lose weight. You need 4-5 months to put off 20 pounds the healthy way. One of the main determinants of success is setting realistic goals.
  • lvjets
    lvjets Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm def in, 130 and needing to drop pounds by christmas.
  • JParsons7
    Options
    I'm definitely in :), started working with a nutritionist and would really like to lose 20 pounds by xmas!
  • lizsil
    lizsil Posts: 2
    Options
    cmancini87

No particular diets because they never really work for me (I'm not that disciplined enough .....yet), but I am just doing mini weekly goals and keeping within my calories.
    For example, one week no red meat, another week low carb, another week "be a vegetarian."
    Its just a lil something to keep me motivated. Good luck with what you are planning to do. :)
  • angorear
    Options
    Hi, I am in. I am new to this, but I will give it all I have to lose 20 pounds by then. I am currently 203 and goal by then would be 183. I still want to lose even more after that. I just need some motivation. Please, help!
  • little_black_dress
    little_black_dress Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes please! I need all the help/support I can get :)
  • svaldez1185
    Options
    I am defantly in .. I weigh 298
  • cznutz
    cznutz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the group. 270lbs today
  • MittenKitten1219
    MittenKitten1219 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Can I join too?? Start weight 153 goal weight 133! How does this work?
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am in with a goal weight of 120 from 125!

Woo hoo!
  • KristinsMission
    Options
    I'm in! I want to look gorgeous at all the christmas parties!
  • scrpbkqueen
    scrpbkqueen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    An update on my progress: Starting weight 234.5; Weight starting 20lbs by Christmas: 223.4; Weight today: 212.6; Goal Weight by Christmas: 200; Goal Weight Total: 155. I have 12 more pounds to go.
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I like this one! It seems achievable! I'm in!

Start weight: 255
    Goal for January: 235

IT'S ON!
  • CrystalM81247250
    Options
    I would like to join this as well. I am new to this program so don't really undertstand the technology of it. So if you add me let me know were to accept. THank you. Starting weight: 283 Goal weight: 263