Got Teased Today....

Options
Felt like high school all over again!!

I was at a local thrift store (because I go through clothing so fast as I lose weight, I would go broke) and I was browsing through some sweaters. I saw one I liked, but I couldn't see how big it was. When I pulled it out and held it up it turned out to be XS, which even at my thinnest I will never be.

A couple of young ladies were in the same isle and said "Who does she think she's kidding?" and the other remarked about my fat *kitten*. I don't think they knew I could hear them, it was somewhat shushed.

*sigh* I have been feeling kind of gross all day with all my extra skin, so it just came at a bad time. I ended up taking an extra two mile walk though, so that was the upside.

Grrrrr, why do people have to be so rude? I wish I would have thought of some zinger for them... like, "hey titless, would you like to try this xs on?" I dunno something. Meh.

Replies

• r0se125
    r0se125 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    sweetie you looks amazing and you have lost so much weight! people are gonna be rude and mean. I had someone talk **** to me cause i was looking at the calories of something. People will always try and put others down when they are unhappy about themselves. just hold your head high and be proud of yourself!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You have made major changes to your life and body, whereas they wont be able to change their rather unpleasant personalities. Be thankful for that, you are a far better person than they for having not said anything. They obviously are so insecure that they have to tear someone else to pieces to make themselves feel superior. I doubt they could come anywhere close to achieving what you have, if they had to in some area of their lives.
  • Sara45431
    Sara45431 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that happened to you. It is sad that people feel the need to put others down in order to make themselves feel better. You would think adults would know better but not everyone does. I totally believe in karma and those mean girls will get a taste of their own medicine sometime. Keep your head up and forget about them. You are changing your body but they will always have ugly hearts.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Mean people suck. You are beautiful!
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That is terrible....I am also sorry that - that happened to you! I liked your zinger that you thought of afterwards.. :)

I am proud of you for taking your two mile walk instead of eating for stress... BE VERY PROUD of you accomplishments!!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm at a lose for words....I can't believe strangers can be so mean! (Ok, I can cause it's happened to me before but seriously!) WOW, I'm so sorry. There's no way I'd ever in a million years even think of saying anything close to what they said. You look amazing!!! Hold your head up high
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Thats when you walk by them and whisper, "I may be fat but who the heck hit you with the ugly stick, girl... At least I can lose weight!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    LOL Ok, maybe not, but I hope the thought at least cheers you up!! :happy:

Kudos for not eating through that emotion. You are beautiful and as someoen else already stated, misery loves company. You should feel sorry for those girls cuz they can't be amazing like you!!
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Some girls are rude, self-centered, little snots. Don't pay them any mind... YOU LOOK FABULOUS! You've made such amazing accomplishments and all they is bitter and self-absorbed.

:happy: Keep up the great work!
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Some people just suck like that. Maybe they were having issues and putting you down made them feel better which is a terrible way to be. Hopefully they both got huge pimples on their faces tonight. :) I LOVE the fact that you were thrifting to get clothes as that is almost all I do. (Goodwill junkie) You look great though so don't let anyone get you down. Good reaction with the extra walking!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    :( That makes me so sad. Women really can be catty betches.

I just usually get sad but then think, "Heck, my husband slaps my *kitten* every night and lays the pipe right! Those chicks probably just haven't been laid right." then I pity them.

But that's just me.

You look adorable. Don't let those stupid wenches ruin your outlook.
  • churchy9482
    Options
    People that have that kind of need to say those kinds of hurtful things are gutless and sad. Look at all that you've done - what an accomplishment! Know that as I'm starting out on my own journey, you are the kind of people that I see as an inspriation. Don't let those pople win. You're the winner here. Keep going - and thank you for being you!
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a couple of skanky girls with no brains had nothing better to do with their faces than spew some word vomit in your direction. I am a 16/L and I hold up XS clothes in thrift stores all the time. Sometimes because they are hilarious, sometimes because I want to take them apart and sew something else, and sometimes because I momentarily wish I was an XS. And if I wanted to buy that XS, AND WEAR IT AS IF IT FIT!!!! DESPITE LOOKING LIKE A PILE OF SAUSAGES ON LEGS!!! -- it would be NONE of those girls business. Hold your head up high. And if they really get to you, I recommend just straight up spitting at them. :)
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    people are horrible. ignore em they are trying to make themselves feel better
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Mean people suck. You are beautiful!

^^ My vote
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    On the upside, most guys like a fat *kitten*...? (...okay...that was inappropriate...my bad...)

Honestly, I think you look gorgeous. Just because you aren't a stick doesn't mean a d*** thing. Keep your chin up. That extra walking will come in handy later! :flowerforyou:

Side note: I'm glad it wasn't me that it happened to, because I accidentally pick up waaay too small clothes all the time...and I'm not one to let my opinion go to rest.
  • MDIRunner
    Options
    Ditto!!!! Mean people DO suck and you ARE beautiful. They are ugly on the inside, which is a sad way to be.
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Im sorry but I dont see anything wrong with a fat *kitten*, Im a girl who floats both ways and I think a fat *kitten* on a girl is hot. What is so hot about a flat chest and no *kitten*? You have awsome curves girl, big chest and a nice *kitten*. Sorry if I sound super gay, but f em. No one really gives a crap what they think. People only make fun of others because of their own insecurities.
  • klethal
    Options
    I find usually looking at them as if they're misbehaving children and saying "I can hear you, actually," shuts people up pretty fast.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    F U always works : )
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    :( That makes me so sad. Women really can be catty betches.

I just usually get sad but then think, "Heck, my husband slaps my *kitten* every night and lays the pipe right! Those chicks probably just haven't been laid right." then I pity them.

But that's just me.

You look adorable. Don't let those stupid wenches ruin your outlook.

...This. So much win. :laugh: