How much weight did you lose before people noticed?

Options
Just wondering. I am short (5'2) so I might get lucky and it'll be noticeable soon...

Replies

• lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    I'm just above average height (5'6"), started out in the high 190s, and people started to really notice at about the 25 pounds lost mark.. That said, other than a few (very close) family/friends it was mostly acquaintances that commented.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started at about 168lbs. People noticed fairly quickly, after about 10lbs or so.
  • maris14
    Options
    I'm small as well and people close to me still don't realize. I've lost 21lbs but I hid behind loose clothes, mostly people who see me every so often notice and think its awesome
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, started at 213lbs and my mum and my bf have noticed (but they know I'm trying!) and started noticing around the 10lb mark I think.
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 7 and they noticed at 17pounds loss...
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"10, started at 282 lbs, now at 251 lbs (31 lb lost) and a couple of people have said something, not many.
  • Forevertiny23
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you have to lose.. Im 5'1, and after I dropped 5 or 6 pounds I had people commenting on it DAILY. It blew my mind that people noticed that but they did
  • fitambitious
    fitambitious Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6'', I started my weightlloss journey when I was 191lbs.. people only started noting a change in my weight after I lost around 25 pounds..Let me add that only a very few people have noticed the weightloss so far:grumble: . It could be because I am hiding behind my old loose clothes :bigsmile:
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My sister was the first person to say something, and that was about my face looking thinner (I get a very round face) a couple of weeks ago at 19lbs lost and said something about me being "smaller" but not really a comment on my weight. And just a couple of days ago a co-worker who was on a personal leave for the last few months came back to work and the first thing she said to me was that I've lost a ton of weight and my work shirts are huge on me now at 23lbs lost. I'm 5'3" by the way.
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    5'8 and 10lb loss.
  • GreyEyes21
    GreyEyes21 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    5'3" I'd say anywhere from 10-20lbs. Some of my friends notice every 5lbs I lose (or they're just being nice) either way. :D
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    5 kg's, I'm 5'4.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and people really haven't noticed yet. I wear really baggy shirts tho.
    Other than my hubby, he noticed after about 10lbs because my boobs are the first thing to go apparently. :/
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    5'8" and started at 174 - people started noticing after the first 15 pounds. but the comments really started coming in after the first 30 fell off.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    When I lost 17lbs everyone seemed to notice. Then it stopped, I went to 23lb down and no-one noticed and I felt bigger and then I went on holiday and I had my birthday and put on 5lb so I'm back to only 18lb lost and feel smaller again and people are mentioning it again. DO NOT UNDERSTAND
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I lost three stones (42 pounds) a few years ago. I went from looking huge to average size. At the time I felt like a completely different person so I just expected everyone to notice, My imediate family was extremely proud. One of my close friends who I saw everyday also also commented on how amazing I looked. However I was shocked that a lot of people didnt even notice. One of my oldest friends who I saw between 3-6 months still hasnt realised (after all these years) that I lost so much weight. My work colleagues never commented on it.

Sometimes it does hurt though when good friends do not notice. For example, In May I had put on 10 pounds. I had met with a friend (different friend from above) at that time and it was obvious that I had gained a lot of weight. I had discussed with her my frustration as I seemed to be going through a period of gaining and I couldnt understand why. In September I had lost all the extra pounds when I met up with this friend again. I was expecting her to comment as my face looked so different and I looked so much better in my clothes. Nothing was said. Even when I mentioned at the end of the evening about how good I felt with my new way of eating, she just smiled and started talking about something else. This is a friend who faces similar weight struggles as myself so we usually comment on each others diet and try and get motivated from each other. It really hurt when she didnt say anything.
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A gf after a new face photo.. 21 lb mark.... daughter around the same time..... mum you look flatter in the belly was the comment... made me smile.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know :(

Many people are jealous and won't say anything, even if they do notice.
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    5'4", I'd say after 25lbs.
  • Selma10001984
    Selma10001984 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    around 4-5 kg. Im 5'4 as well :)