When was you "I need to do something about this" point?

Options
13»

Replies

• Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    On my fourth try at Weight Watchers, at my initial weigh-in. I still can't bring myself to admit publicly how much I weighed, but that day, I, a grown man, nearly cried. I resolved that day to do something about it. Today, 31 pounds later/lighter, I am still going strong! Jusr 127 pounds left to go, lol!
  • stacyrhoades11
    stacyrhoades11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've never been thin, I've struggled with my weight since I can remember. I have tried weight watchers and many other diets just to lose a few lbs and fall off the wagon. I think a turning point for me was seeing my children fall into some bad habits with eating and realizing how life will be for them if they are overweight. I am a firm believer in doing rather than simply saying so I never as my kids to do something I myself will not do or have not done. So I realized enough was enough and I need to get healthy for myself and my family. Getting married is another big motivator as well, I want to look stunning in my wedding dress, :-)
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    we went on a family vacation to disney and seeing the pictures after the trip was mine.
  • apachetear1710
    Options
    When I stepped on the scales and weighed in at 11st 3lb I decided I needed to get back to my usual weight of 10st!! I know Ist 3lb may not seem like a lot but boy did I notice the difference - I vowed I would lose the weight for my birthday and pleased to say that I am down to 10st 6lb (Birthday was yesterday) but still determined to lose the 6lb and my target for that is now the first weekend in November!!
  • DixieStarr76
    Options
    I came to MFP to get back on track. I had spent much of the last two years losing weight the wrong way. Then I quit my super active job. Going to school full-time is a great workout for my melon, but it sucks for the rest of me. I didn't even remember joining when I did. Last week, I went to try on pants and was horrified to have to buy a size 16. In May, I was in a 10/12, depending on cut. That night I ran into an email from my account here, and I took it as a sign. I'm changing my entire outlook on food, exercise, and on what it takes to live the best quality of life. No matter what the tag says in my clothes, I just want to live live in vivid technicolor.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I too have been fat for my entire life, and can only remember short periods of time when i was much thinner, usually because of some pill or fad diet. I gave up on myself for a very long time, struggling with stairs, clothes and yet continued to eat my pain away. December 2010 i saw my doctor for the results of test i had for chest pain. At age 57 i was a bit scared. That turned out to be just really bad heartburn, but when he walked in and said congratulations, you now have diabetes type 2 I nearly died then and there! I love my doctor, but he doses out a lot of tough love and told me I had to make a choice. Start taking more medications or start working on me. He recommended MFP and I've been addicted ever since. My highest was 290 (scared to death to see that 300 number lurking in the distance) but i'm down almost 50 lbs. and amazed at how much better i feel and what i can do at 240, yet wondering how much better it will be when the numbers go down even more. Its slow, but its always in a downward direction so I'm okay with that. Too fast a loss in the past never taught me anything. I used crutches then, now I'm doing it the right way... Diet and exercise. one small NSV is that as of this month i have had a years membership to the local gym/pool and have used it at least 2-3 time a week since. In the past i'd pay and not go...what a waste of $!!
  • smiling_sushi
    smiling_sushi Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I lost some weight last year, and bought a new pair of jeans that I loved. About 5 weeks ago, after months of cramming my increasingly fatter butt into these jeans, they finally gave way and tore in the thigh (the zipper had partially broken weeks before that, but I had refused to give them up at that point). I was forced to go buy another pair of jeans. The new jeans were two sizes bigger than my jeans I had destroyed. I told myself that I was the last pair of jeans I was buying at that size and it was time to lose weight. Seems a bit silly, but hey, it got me going in the right direction :)
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I said enough was enough when I was 5' 11" and 197 pounds.
    I found MFP when I was looking for weight loss and health apps on my iTouch haha
    My biggest victory is losing 42 pounds and now being 5' 11" and weighing 155
  • crisipina
    crisipina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Its an after :) im still a wrk in progress..ive always been the big girl w the pretty face but when she said it was fat i about lost it lol