Wish there was a separate message board area...

Options

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    You could maybe stop clicking on the Recent Posts tab and click on areas of the site that you're interested in instead.

Since Chit Chat comes up most often in Recent searches it's clearly very popular.

You don't think it's asking a lot that entire subforums be created just because you like to click on Recent posts but don't like what people are recently posting?

What will they do when that subforum pops up in your recent feed?

Tell you what how about you just tell everyone what they should and should not post? It seems to be what you're really interested in anyway. You didn't post this under Technical Suggestions or Website Feedback, you posted IN Chit Chat, Fun and Games. The very subforum you're complaining about to begin with.

OR you could stop this nonsense and go run/lift.

*ahem*

What he said.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Then go to the other boards that are for food/nutrition etc.

I feel like this is a trap.

Not at all. I was talking about the "Recent" section on the home page...I honestly just don't understand what some people are using this site for...and more power to them if they want to use it for whatever reason they choose...but this is a fitness site and I just wish I could look at that "Recent" section for advice and support...not for "would you date me (this person over here you only know from a picture I took in my bathroom mirror". That's all.

You're a 2
    & 52 years old.

Hahaha!! Love this!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    Options
    also, would just like to point out.. you have participated in "Non-fitness related" topics yourself.. soooo... hmmm...:huh:
  • aadutton
    Options
    So funny how testy people get. I'm not trying to take away your internet friends who will tell you how datable you are!...there there...I know you were a nerd in high school (because you told everyone) but you're popular here!

I'll just ignore the "Recent" section from now on. No worries, children.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You do realize that the moderators have started immediately locking and removing threads that keep showing up in recent posts in chitchat fun and games if they are full of boobs and sex and stuff. Like... immediately. So... you get your wish and you can continue to use MFP as you need it. And you dont have to worry about all the other humans that use this site! You can just focus on losing weight, getting in shape, eating right and making your life better.

What a relief right? To not have to care about other people and how they use a free app?
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lpvuw3gKig1qkxl62.gif
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but you kind of asked for the lashing by posting that in this forum!!

There are 6 other "ON TOPIC" boards and an "intro" board. Really...though...how hard is to click Community at the top and go to the full list of all the boards. Stop clicking Recent Posts - yes, this board gets a lot of action (:laugh: ) - but it doesn't have to be used by all. And...almost everyone *I* know that frequents this forum is here for fitness and nutrition - but its fun to talk about other things and just have fun. Yes most of those fishing posts are BS - so don't participate. If you don't like Chit Chat Forum. - dont participate //nuff said
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lpvuw3gKig1qkxl62.gif

love that one!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    psssst....click on the individual category from the home tab and get that sections recent posts.

That's 1 click too many though!

I absolutely hate having to click more than I need to!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    They should dish out strikes to people who whine about threads that do not violate mfp rules. There are far more of them than there are people who break them.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Would rather take away the enjoyment from others who like the chit-chat section then simply click the section that interests you.

Oh okay.

You could just ignore the hot or not threads, it's not a big deal.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Pedophelia inference...real mature.

OMG WHERE?!!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    They should dish out strikes to people who whine about threads that do not violate mfp rules. There are far more of them than there are people who break them.

truth.

Also- the what clique were you in in high school thread - there is nothing wrong with that. So many people here were overweight in high school and are much fitter as adults, and looking back can help you reflect and take note of what is different about you now- and what kind of people you are drawn to.

What a judgmental OP - to tell people what IS and ISN'T motivating just because SHE isn't motivated by it. There are other kinds of people and the moderators still lean in her favor.

Dear Americans and people who act like them:

It is not an inalienable right to not be offended.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    WOW! :noway:
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options

truth.

Also- the what clique were you in in high school thread - there is nothing wrong with that. So many people here were overweight in high school and are much fitter as adults, and looking back can help you reflect and take note of what is different about you now- and what kind of people you are drawn to.

What a judgmental OP - to tell people what IS and ISN'T motivating just because SHE isn't motivated by it. There are other kinds of people and the moderators still lean in her favor.

Dear Americans and people who act like them:

It is not an inalienable right to not be offended.

^^^agreed
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Loooook! You've made it to the popular threads list on the side bar...told ya!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    OMG! Everyone is SO OFF topic!

Okay, so what were we talking about again? Boobs?
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    Options

:drinker:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Now it's popping up in Recent Topics.

How very annoying. Someone should change the whole website, I can't be bothered to click on the subforums I'm interested in.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    9uudkg.jpg

Pretty *****!
This discussion has been closed.