Wish there was a separate message board area...

Options

Replies

• aadutton
    Options
    Ok...I see this is very, very, very serious to many of you. Calm down...and carry on...and so will I.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    but you will post the creepiest thing your parents ever said, four letter words, and the meanest email you ever sent...all in chit chat and NOTHING to do with fittness?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Loooook! You've made it to the popular threads list on the side bar...told ya!

Now it's popping up in Recent Topics.

How very annoying. Someone should change the whole website, I can't be bothered to click on the subforums I'm interested in.

I cant believe this is taking up space on the Recent Posts - it has absolutely nothing to with exactly where I am in my weight loss journey and self affirmation program.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Ok...I see this is very, very, very serious to many of you. Calm down...and carry on...and so will I.

lol
    I don't think one person in here is mad at you.

We do all think you're pretty silly though..
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    The chit chat is for emotional growth on a social level. It is where people grow emotionally by expressing their love and hate for all things. Life is not just weights....its not........kicks ball, looks at feet and walks away with slumped shoulders.
  • yoovie
    Options
  • aadutton
    Options

Duh, that was kinda the point. And I thought it took a thread asking for the pointless validation of the stranger who posts below me...who knew.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    but you will post the creepiest thing your parents ever said, four letter words, and the meanest email you ever sent...all in chit chat and NOTHING to do with fittness?

Uh OH. Someone just got BUSTED.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

lol
    I don't think one person in here is mad at you.

We do all think you're pretty silly though..

Nope, not mad at all. I'm actually laughing hysterically!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I don't mean to offend anyone participating in those threads...but honestly...we're not in high school, we're not "f@cking" the person above you, and the person who just guessed you were 32...was probably just being nice.

:laugh: :laugh:

But seriously, what I do when "chit chat" keep coming up, is I click on message boards again, then click on "food and nutrition" and see the most recent just for that board. Then I click on "Fitness" and just see the recent ones on that board.

It's just a fact that the chit chat board has more activity than the others. I have noticed that too, but just work around it. And every once in a while, I find a thread on the chit chat board that is worthy of my perusal. :flowerforyou:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Duh, that was kinda the point. And I thought it took a thread asking for the pointless validation of the stranger who posts below me...who knew.

So, have you always known you wanted to be a troll? Congrats! Welcome to the dark side...muwahahahahahahaha
  • yoovie
    Options

it was your point to replace something about fitness on the Recent Posts with you complaining about what other people do with their time?

lol youre so bad at this
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I can't stop laughing at this :laugh:
    tumblr_lpvuw3gKig1qkxl62.gif
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    So what you really want is a way to filter the 'recent posts' on your home page. Sounds like a good suggestion. If I remember, there is a separate forum for feedback and suggestions ;)
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Almost every website that I have been on with a forum has some sort of "chit-chat" or misc area.
    Good luck finding a better website for tracking food than mfp

Why does it matter if people participate in goofy pointless threads? It doesn't make them any less dedicated to fitness. You can log your food and exercise, talk nutrition, and participate in off topic threads ALL AT ONCE! I know its crazy that people may want to talk about something else besides nutrition/exercise once in a while.

As for the recent topics area. Just click on what board you want. Problem solved.
    Though sometimes I think it would be nice to exclude the chit0chat part, but its not that time consuming or difficult to click on another section xD
  • calichica35
    calichica35 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Touché!! Lmao!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    So what you really want is a way to filter the 'recent posts' on your home page. Sounds like a good suggestion. If I remember, there is a separate forum for feedback and suggestions ;)

But you aren't supposed to complain about what other people write and how they act under that forum xD
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Op-you're totally f@ckable.

That would be funny, but she has widdle babies in her avatar! lol
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    So funny how testy people get. I'm not trying to take away your internet friends who will tell you how datable you are!...there there...I know you were a nerd in high school (because you told everyone) but you're popular here!

I'll just ignore the "Recent" section from now on. No worries, children.
    this sounded like a cry for help.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    You could maybe stop clicking on the Recent Posts tab and click on areas of the site that you're interested in instead.

Since Chit Chat comes up most often in Recent searches it's clearly very popular.

You don't think it's asking a lot that entire subforums be created just because you like to click on Recent posts but don't like what people are recently posting?

What will they do when that subforum pops up in your recent feed?

Tell you what how about you just tell everyone what they should and should not post? It seems to be what you're really interested in anyway. You didn't post this under Technical Suggestions or Website Feedback, you posted IN Chit Chat, Fun and Games. The very subforum you're complaining about to begin with.

OR you could stop this nonsense and go run/lift.

*ahem*

What he said.
    *cough* what she said he said.
This discussion has been closed.