Half Way There with pics

Options
Like so many, I'm one of those people who had tried it all. I was seriously born fat. There is not a single school photo of me at a normal weight. By the end of high school I weighed over 400 pounds. I lost some weight in college, but never enough to really matter. In 2003, at the age of 25 I had gastric bypass surgery. I lost about 90 pounds that year, about halfway through my second year post op I met and almost immediately married my fabulous husband. Shortly there after I got pregnant with our first child, started a business and started to regain some weight. After 6 years of marriage, 2 kids and a high-stress job I found myself at 310 pounds and wildly unhappy with me health.

In February of this year my husband and I started a medically monitored weight loss program through Kaiser. I didn't sign up for it because of the product used, it was actually in spite of that. I signed up because I wanted to change my life, and I knew to do that I had to change my brain. Taking food out of the equation for 16 weeks helped a lot to change my brain and have me reevaluate my relationship with food. I also began REALLY working out and will run my first half marathon in January. I still have a ways to go... I'd love to see myself at 170 (I'm 5,9') and then see how I feel.

I'm posting this to celebrate my half-way point and to hopefully get some support for the rest of my journey. While I'm currently the smallest I've ever been in my adult life I'm having a hard time staying motivated. I've been stuck at the same weight (240ish) for a few months, and the plateau is really starting to get to me. With the help of a nutritionist and my personal trainer I'm hoping to bust through it in the next few weeks. I hope to get more involved here at MFP as another way of support. Thanks again!

before_web.jpg
after_web.jpg

Replies

• Ravin714
    Ravin714 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh darn. Picture is to big can't see it :(
  • beaglelover12
    Options
    Like so many, I'm one of those people who had tried it all. I was seriously born fat. There is not a single school photo of me at a normal weight. By the end of high school I weighed over 400 pounds. I lost some weight in college, but never enough to really matter. In 2003, at the age of 25 I had gastric bypass surgery. I lost about 90 pounds that year, about halfway through my second year post op I met and almost immediately married my fabulous husband. Shortly there after I got pregnant with our first child, started a business and started to regain some weight. After 6 years of marriage, 2 kids and a high-stress job I found myself at 310 pounds and wildly unhappy with me health.

In February of this year my husband and I started a medically monitored weight loss program through Kaiser. I didn't sign up for it because of the product used, it was actually in spite of that. I signed up because I wanted to change my life, and I knew to do that I had to change my brain. Taking food out of the equation for 16 weeks helped a lot to change my brain and have me reevaluate my relationship with food. I also began REALLY working out and will run my first half marathon in January. I still have a ways to go... I'd love to see myself at 170 (I'm 5,9') and then see how I feel.

I'm posting this to celebrate my half-way point and to hopefully get some support for the rest of my journey. While I'm currently the smallest I've ever been in my adult life I'm having a hard time staying motivated. I've been stuck at the same weight (240ish) for a few months, and the plateau is really starting to get to me. With the help of a nutritionist and my personal trainer I'm hoping to bust through it in the next few weeks. I hope to get more involved here at MFP as another way of support. Thanks again!

before_web.jpg
    after_web.jpg

try re-sizing your pic!
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    edited below.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    wow!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!!! WAY TO GO! AND CONGRATS!
  • beaglelover12
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great progess. You're a beautiful woman.
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What an incredible transformation! You look great, congrats!!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    WOW. What a change--you look fantastic!!
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far! Glad you fixed your pics, you look amazing!
  • donkeypoop
    donkeypoop Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look great!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Beautiful to start with and now a knockout! Congratulations and keep up the great work!
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    1st: You've done an absolutely FABULOUS job! WTG!
    2nd: You. Are. Gorgeous! :wink:
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look beautiful! You should be proud of yourself. WTG!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    You carry your weight very well, I would've not thought you are over 200 at all. Great job, keep it up :)
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I can see and you are amazing! How ever we lose the weight, getting the right relationship and learning a lifestyle we can carry forward is what it's all about.
    I congratulate you on the hard work and perseverance, very inspirational!
  • sarahmaren
    Options
    Thanks PJmetts! You are so right about surrounding yourself with good people. Having a support group has been such a great way to keep me motivated and accountable. We go to a class once a week with other people who are in varying stages of the program. I have spent a lot of time reading the boards here and just felt like it was time to get involved. Thanks for your kind words!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation
  • hnuzzolilo
    hnuzzolilo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you for inspiring me at the begining of my journey!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous, sorta like Halle Berry!! You look a lot lot smaller than me (190) well done!!!!!
  • sarahmaren
    Options
    Thanks you guys for the kind words! I appreciate it!
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    WOW! First of all... You didn't look like you were 310 lbs! You carried that very very well...and second of all....You don't look like you weigh 245 right now! SERIOUSLY you look GREAT for that weight! And last of all.... you are so beautiful. Congratulations on your weight loss...and keep up the GREAT work! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!