Negative calorie pie

Options
drmerc
drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
Everyone loves pie, but who wants all those calories? Not me!
So I've come up with negative calorie pie

First the crust
Combine in a food processor:

4oz Light Graham Crackers
2 tablespoons Fake Butter
2 tablespoons Aspartame
1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar

distribute the mixture into a 9 inch pan evenly and chill in the fridge for 40 minutes

Now the filling!
In a large bowl combine:

Your favorite negative calorie foods such as celery, broccoli, beats or radishes
Make sure you use enough to counteract the calories in the crust, about 1.5 cups
1/4 cup Soy Milk
1/4 tablespoon Salt
1/2 cup Aspartame
1/3 cup applesauce
2 large Egg whites

Poor this yummy negative calorie pie filling in your pie crust and bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!

Tastes just like the real thing

Replies

• Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Poor is right. No typo.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I read that aspartame causes cancer is this true i drank a diet soda today and i'm scared do i really need to eat back my calories????? halp
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I read that aspartame causes cancer is this true i drank a diet soda today and i'm scared do i really need to eat back my calories????? halp

You are SO screwed.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    :heart: This sounds amazing! I'll have to try it when I get home! :heart:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options

1200. k?
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    What the heck is a negative calorie??
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • opus649
    Options
    It's a calorie with a terrible attitude that is mean to people on MFP probably because it has low self esteem
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not really sure this is negative calorie. You only get negative calories if the veggies are raw. the chewing of the vegetables in their raw form burns more calories than the food contains. If they are cooked, or softened, then they cease to be considered negative calories. Just my humble opinion, I could be wrong and often am. Sounds tasty none the less.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The only way I'm getting negative calories eating pie is if it's something my girlfriend has to offer.

Feel free to let me know if she's busy.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not really sure this is negative calorie. You only get negative calories if the veggies are raw. the chewing of the vegetables in their raw form burns more calories than the food contains. If they are cooked, or softened, then they cease to be considered negative calories. Just my humble opinion, I could be wrong and often am. Sounds tasty none the less.

*whoooooosh*...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

*whoooooosh*...

Give him a break, he's only been on here since June.
  • positivepineapple
    positivepineapple Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It's a calorie with a terrible attitude that is mean to people on MFP probably because it has low self esteem

hahahahahahaha!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    i'd rather eat 1 bite of real pie that a bunch of aspartame
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I've had negative calorie pie.

Heh. Heh heh.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Stop attacking me. I'm sensitive.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Why? Its low calorie and safe because it was produced in a lab and tested by the fda!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This sounds FANTASTIC! You, sir, are a GENIUS!

I wonder if the negative calories make it fat-free???? I take ALLI and any fat comes leaking back out. I guess I'll just wear dark pants when I try it. I'll report back! Wish me luck!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    The only way I'm getting negative calories eating pie is if it's something my girlfriend has to offer.

Feel free to let me know if she's busy.

I dont have a girlfriend, and I love pie. Come Over? You have my number....call me
  • opus649
    Options

Little known fact - Aspartame got its name from the Greek city-state known as Sparta, known for its fierce warriors who lived very meager lifestyles in order to concentrate on their military training. When scientists discovered that aspartame caused cancer, they considered the name a double win because it was both "spartan" in terms of calories and deadly.

The more you know.