Beautiful Blues1/19/10

Options

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Mornin all

NOt as itchy today but my breathing is not great because of the infection and meds. Like Icorrell I have either not been eating or eating anything I can get my hands on. I am hoping to be well enought to get back to working out this weekend, as long as I can conrtroll the itching I will be fine. I have my medic alert braclett picked out just waiting for pay day to go ahead and order it.
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Oh and just so you all know - I am hell bent on showing a loss this week-no excuses, no whining.....going to run 6 miles at lunch!

Get 'em Girl!!! I'm with you. This will be a successful week for sure!!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Lets make a big impact at the weigh in this week. I have a lot of work ahead of me as the scales at the challenge put me 10lbs above what my scale said last week. I am hoping that it will come off quickly and I am going to work extra hard today to make sure it does. I walked on the treadmill for 85 min today watching the biggest loser. I am tired but invigorated. That is the most exercise I have done in a while. My scale put me at 5 lbs up--not quite as bad but still enough that I am going to pay for my binge this week...

smadag and lcorrell be sure to take care of yourself. I know it is really hard to sit back and do that but it is better to relax and get better than to have problems become worse.

I couldn't believe--is it Melissa? the red team wife. I couldn't tell if the husband was mad at the trainers or her. It is going to be interesting to see what happens next week. I hope they don't just gloss over it and let us see the aftermath. I am really curious as to whether she is a big fat liar or if there is something else going on.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Lets make a big impact at the weigh in this week. I have a lot of work ahead of me as the scales at the challenge put me 10lbs above what my scale said last week. I am hoping that it will come off quickly and I am going to work extra hard today to make sure it does. I walked on the treadmill for 85 min today watching the biggest loser. I am tired but invigorated. That is the most exercise I have done in a while. My scale put me at 5 lbs up--not quite as bad but still enough that I am going to pay for my binge this week...

smadag and lcorrell be sure to take care of yourself. I know it is really hard to sit back and do that but it is better to relax and get better than to have problems become worse.

I couldn't believe--is it Melissa? the red team wife. I couldn't tell if the husband was mad at the trainers or her. It is going to be interesting to see what happens next week. I hope they don't just gloss over it and let us see the aftermath. I am really curious as to whether she is a big fat liar or if there is something else going on.

It will be interesting to see what happens next week. My DVR cut the show short so I didn't get to see what is going to happen next week but all I have do is look it up. I think that between Jillian and BOB they are going to work her so hard she is going to want to give up. And she so deserves it. She is just playing the game. And like Jillian and Bob always say if you play the game you are not going to loose the weight nor will you keep it off.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Oh and just so you all know - I am hell bent on showing a loss this week-no excuses, no whining.....going to run 6 miles at lunch!

Get 'em Girl!!! I'm with you. This will be a successful week for sure!!

AMEN!! - Let's do it!!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Great 6 miles - 60 degree temps....LOVE IT!
  • debnu1
    Options
    60 degrees sounds lovely. We are in the 40's here which is much better than the teens we were in a few weeks ago!

Keep it up Chrissy 6 miles. I can't even imagine, I am sure you make it look easy!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hi Beautiful blues,

I've been really busy, but happy about it.

I got in my workout for today and did Jillian Michael's banish fat boost metabolism and ab ripper x from p90x for a total of 65 minutes.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • Taradise
    Options
    Successful step class yesterday. Today is a spin class. Keep on moving blues!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Ran 6 yesterday, Strength today, Step Tomorrow, Run 8 Saturday or Sunday

My ticker moved!!!!!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Just realized I am 1 pound away from Healthy range on the BMI chart
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options

Chrissy - six miles?!?!?! I envy you ... and then, I don't. :laugh: :wink: Wow. That is a lot!! Could you have ever imagined you'd be running six miles 87 pounds ago??

Biggest Loser was awesome last night ... I agree. :heart: I can't wait till next week!

Leigh-be careful when it's in your lungs you need to rest and get better! Hope it happens soon.

No I always said - I CAN'T RUN...now I cringe when people tell me that and I want to shake them and say.....you can do it if YOU WANT TO. Furthest I've (ever) run was this past Sat - did 8 miles plus walked 1....love it when I step to the next distance!

Missed BL last night but saw the 2 minute recap and who was voted off - no love lost there. After last week where she totally let her fear hurt her and he son's chances....just get on the beam lady! And Bob and Jillian onto the Red girl (Lance's wife - can't think of her name) - WOW.

Congrats on the 8 miles, too!! That is awesome!!!! I can't even fathom that at this point ... but I hope to one day. Honestly, in high school, when we had to run a mile on the track, I *never* ran. Always walked. I don't even know how much I weighed, but I am pretty sure I could have at least ran half! One day .... :flowerforyou:

I've decided to take it easy for a few more days to get better. I've been feeling pretty nauseous when I eat, so I have been coming in at just under 1200 calories every day. I think that will be okay. I don't know about a loss this week, but I'm hoping to at least maintain! If I am not coughing as much by Saturday, I'll get back in the gym for a while. Last night I went to sleep really early, so I think my body is needing the rest. I don't like being sick! Boo! :grumble:
  • chrissyh
    Options

Chrissy - six miles?!?!?! I envy you ... and then, I don't. :laugh: :wink: Wow. That is a lot!! Could you have ever imagined you'd be running six miles 87 pounds ago??

Biggest Loser was awesome last night ... I agree. :heart: I can't wait till next week!

Leigh-be careful when it's in your lungs you need to rest and get better! Hope it happens soon.

No I always said - I CAN'T RUN...now I cringe when people tell me that and I want to shake them and say.....you can do it if YOU WANT TO. Furthest I've (ever) run was this past Sat - did 8 miles plus walked 1....love it when I step to the next distance!

Missed BL last night but saw the 2 minute recap and who was voted off - no love lost there. After last week where she totally let her fear hurt her and he son's chances....just get on the beam lady! And Bob and Jillian onto the Red girl (Lance's wife - can't think of her name) - WOW.

Congrats on the 8 miles, too!! That is awesome!!!! I can't even fathom that at this point ... but I hope to one day. Honestly, in high school, when we had to run a mile on the track, I *never* ran. Always walked. I don't even know how much I weighed, but I am pretty sure I could have at least ran half! One day .... :flowerforyou:

I've decided to take it easy for a few more days to get better. I've been feeling pretty nauseous when I eat, so I have been coming in at just under 1200 calories every day. I think that will be okay. I don't know about a loss this week, but I'm hoping to at least maintain! If I am not coughing as much by Saturday, I'll get back in the gym for a while. Last night I went to sleep really early, so I think my body is needing the rest. I don't like being sick! Boo! :grumble:

Rest is super important right now! Load up on Vitamin C. I LOVE Emergen-C tangerine....huge dose of Vit V and B vits and others too...really helps me when I'm under the weather. I usually take one before a long run too.
  • Taradise
    Options
    Ran 6 yesterday, Strength today, Step Tomorrow, Run 8 Saturday or Sunday

My ticker moved!!!!!!

Great job Chrissy!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Just realized I am 1 pound away from Healthy range on the BMI chart

WAHOO!!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Congratulations Chrissy all of your hard work is paying off!

Today I woke up late so only was able to get in the 30 day shred for exercise. I am off to clean house, I have decided I've been spending too much time on the computer since my wrist has started hurting. Time to back off a little and maybe move more :tongue: I have been listening to a podcast called inside out weight loss--She said to imagine what your life would be like when you have lost the weight. When I imagined that I definitely wasn't sitting at the computer most of the day. I had a clean house and tons of energy. So I am going to start living that life now! Well mostly. :wink:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I am viualizing that debnu came and cleaned my house after hers...it's a nice thing!!!!!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I will come clean your house right now I would rather clean than workout right now :noway:

I will be glad to be done with these meds. One minute I want to eat everything sweet around me then the next I am not hungry at all. I think it might have something to do with the side affect of the meds making my mouth dry. I am not itching at all today and the spots are almost gone. But I am still blowing my nose like it has no end to it. Hoping to get back to working out by Saturday. Might try a little ab workout to see how I react to my body heating up ( hopfully no itching will come with it)
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Steroids will make you whacky don't be too hard on yourself....if you need something sweet just buy a single serving sized snack--like a Snickers rather than a whole pack of Oreos or split a desert at your favorite restaurant-with your week you could use a date night!

....shhh I think both of those are bad words...:devil: Snickers....:devil: Oreos.....but my point if you limit what you have available - you won't go so overboard and hopefully it'll kill the urge.

OK with me if you want to clean - please start with the wood floors and stairs....that would be nice! :laugh:
  • smadag1
    Options
    Right now I know my body really needs extra sleep because the meds are making me tired but I am not one to miss work unless it is completely out of my controll. I am trying not to give in to the sweet tooth to much because I have an endless supply of mini candy bars on the sales counter and am trying to avaoid them. Right now my body is telling me to go eat but I know I am not hungry and am a little stuffed from all the water I have been drinking
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Chrissy- Wonderful job on the running. I remember when I was 213 and could only run a few feet. Now I'm on the treadmill running/jogging 3 miles. I can't imgine what I'm going to be able to do when I get to my goal weight

I got emern-c but it was the nasty kind where did you get the tangern kind??

I think tomorrow I'm going to workout to Jillian and basically get my butt kicked he he. She will show me whos boss and it isn't me. :laugh: