Beautiful Blues1/19/10

Options

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Deb-sounds like a nice service. I am impressed that you're a singer...NOT me!

Everyone - I challenge you....stay within your calories this weekend! Log it - no cheating! We can do it and have an AWESOME weigh in Monday!

OK, Chrissy, I'm in! I will hereby log every bite of the weekend! We can do this. GO BLUE!! And here's to smart choices! (Speaking of which, I need to get my swimsuit on.) Later -
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Time to hold myself accountable! (I really have been since Tuesday anyway!)

I am trying to decide if I should lay down for a little bit or clean the office. I know which my husband would choose, but my eyes are tired. Maybe I will do both! :smile:

Have a great, healthy weekend everyone! I think I will pull out the last chance workout DVD I got and try it tomorrow. I need some good cardio and a few other things to burn some fat off this body! I know I can show a loss this time!

:flowerforyou:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

chrissy- I'm in for the challenge to log everything I eat this weekend and to stay below calories!!! Wohoo!!!

debnu- I'm sorry about your loss.
    You are really working out hard!!!!!!!! you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you everybody for the job search support!!!!!!!!!

I got my exercise in for today and did Jillian Michaels banish fat boost metabolism and ab ripper x for a total of 65 minutes.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a spin class because when I rode the bike just on my own - it KILLED my tailbone. I fell on it a couple years ago and it still gives me a fit - especially with the bike because the seat is just right there putting pressure on it and also ab work where you're halfsitting...ouch...I just find other things to do. Maybe it'll get better one day and I can try again. I keep hearing how great it is and how many calories are burned---I am jealous!

Smadag-sounds like you can use some rest-take advantage of it.

mary-great job in the pool and planning your day!

Jess-do you like the Jillian DVD? I don't have that one. Did BL Sculpt last night - haven't done it since last winter-kinda kicked my butt. It was great to work muscles differently than I normally do.

I do love the Jillian DVD's I have a couple of them. She really kicks your butt.
  • MayLan
    Options
    chrissy- I second that too. Jillian michael's really kicks your butt, she's not playing. If you have 50 minutes I would do Banish fat boost metabolism" If you want to do less time, she's got the "30 day shred" which breaks up 3 different workouts that last 20 minutes. But it's 20 minutes of strength, cardio, ab, everything!!!!! She makes you pay for it.
    I do her videos when I can't get to the gym because of oversleeping, or not feeling like working out in the morning. Or just to get a rest from the treadmill.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I think the treadmill is in my feature tomorrow. I think with the Banish fat one by Jillian I will do that 3 times a week because it does strength training in it. I love the way she works with your arms even though my arms hurt and they feel like they are going to fall off. It really does work.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Just had BL Thai Chicken Curry for dinner--233 cals a serving, it filled me up and was quite yummy. My husband didn't even think it was that bad, I left out the onions just for him.

I am just about to make a chocolate cake. Since I had 800 calories left today I figured I could treat myself to one piece. I know I can do it too. I will savor it!

I am excited to be up and exercising with all of you in the morning. It's going to be great fun, until Jillian kicks me to the wall through the TV.

I love our team!!:love::flowerforyou:
  • msh0530
    Options
    I'm off for another long day of making bierocks at the church. I fixed a pot of soup for all to share at lunch, so we won't have to eat fast food.

Have a great Saturday!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Great idea... the challenge to stay below calories. I will log everything. Saturday is a success. Time to log the meals for tomorrow.

I made butternut squash lasagna tonight. Very filling and rich!
  • debnu1
    Options
    I have no idea what my calories would be for tonight. I went to a birthday party with my daughter and had brazilian food. I ate very light and mostly the carrots that I brought in my purse but I am just not going to bother figuring it out. I did great this week and tomorrow I will be really good. Besides I had 1000 calories left for tonight out to balance it out. :wink:

Lets be extra good tomorrow and have a fabulous weigh in on Monday!

:flowerforyou:
  • MayLan
    Options
    Taradise- Your lasagna dish sounds so yummy!!! I have been thinking of making a lasagna and will probably plan that when I buy groceries.

msh0530- Your church dish sounds great as well!!!! Better it be homemade!!!!!

debnu- You did great with your planning! and you are definitely back on track.

For me today, my hubby made Red barons pizza and it looked so good. So I just had a piece, but it was not part of my daily calories. So, I just worked out to burn it off and did p90x: kenpo x and cardio x for a total of 100 minutes. I beat you pizza!!!! Hehe!!!

I'm so happy that this week I have lost like 2.6 pounds and I hope to continue the motivation. I think we are going to have a great weigh in this week!!!!

For me, I've been busy with school- but happy. I'm also continuing to apply for jobs, and leaving everything in God's hands. Why should I worry? I'm also home-bound this weekend because my 17 month daughter has come down with a fever. If she continues with it, I'll have to call her doctor on monday so that she can see her.

Take care everyone and have a great day !!!!!!!!!!!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I didn't exercise yesterday I was sore from about my chin down. I did however just got off of the treadmill and burned 1312 that is with treadmill and stairs ugh. Tonight is not going to be a good night because our Minnesota Vikings are in the playoffs and we are going to eat bad because that will help them make it to the super bowl he he.

So I have been exercising my butt off eating ALL of my exercise calories and have been equaling to about 1200-1300 calories a day which the doctor said not to go below but if I stay at 1200 it would be ok. and I have gained. What the heck is going on. I no longer like my body. :cry:

since I burned so many calories I will stay within my calorie limit tonight because the last thing I want to do is wreck what I have done this week.

I can only hope that the next week will be better. I'm also weighing myself at a different time from now on because I'm getting up earlier than well almost ever before. I could have gotten up at 5 this morning because I couldn't sleep. ugh.

GO BLUES!!
  • Taradise
    Options
    j_g4ever - I'm sorry to hear that you've gained weight since eating all of your exercise cals. When you indicate that you've burned 1300 or so cals, are you using a HRM?? Just wondering if the those cals are accurate. Would hate for you to be inadvertently overeating. Otherwise, maybe you could give it another week to allow your body time to realize the extra food. I have decided to try an experiment... I plan to weight myself every single morning and note my weight. Then I will trace how many cals were left over or not left over from the evening before. I'm curious if there is a trend. I think its about finding your special balance.

almomay - wow, such dedication to only eat 1 piece AND then exercise that pizza away. Good job! And congrats on the big loss this week.

Tomorrow is weigh in day blues. Good luck! Off to watch some football :bigsmile:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    j_g4ever - I'm sorry to hear that you've gained weight since eating all of your exercise cals. When you indicate that you've burned 1300 or so cals, are you using a HRM?? Just wondering if the those cals are accurate. Would hate for you to be inadvertently overeating. Otherwise, maybe you could give it another week to allow your body time to realize the extra food. I have decided to try an experiment... I plan to weight myself every single morning and note my weight. Then I will trace how many cals were left over or not left over from the evening before. I'm curious if there is a trend. I think its about finding your special balance.

Tomorrow is weigh in day blues. Good luck! Off to watch some football :bigsmile:

I have my HRM unless there is something wrong with that it should be right on. I'm sweating like crazy. I'm looking at my HRM. what does MHR mean?? Mine says 165. I will give it this week and next week and see what happens and then maybe go down to eating half of my calories and then go from there. I see my doc again next month for my yearly. then I think she wants to see me every three months.
  • debnu1
    Options
    j_g, I think your body is just adjusting. It has been through a lot of changes lately and so it will take a couple of weeks to get everything on track again. Keep exercising, eating right and see what happens. I would give it at least a month to see what happens.

Happy weigh in tomorrow everyone!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Thank you again everyone for your support.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Check my new hair do!! I got almost 6 inches cut off!!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Sani I love it! Beautiful!!!
  • msh0530
    Options
    Love the hair!

Everyone - don't forget to weigh in the morning! Just visualize us all on those scales at once!

Here's to smart choices!
  • Taradise
    Options
    Check my new hair do!! I got almost 6 inches cut off!!

Love it! Looks fantastic on you! Shows off the shoulders and color bones.