guys are different

Options
This is a thread for guys to be supportive of other guys. That's it. Please keep it that way. Lady's allowed of course, but let's please stay on topic. Thanks.

Replies

• zhahn
    zhahn Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm 50+ days into my P90X and pressing play everyday! Feel free to add. I'm always on here.
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    Any body ever tried adding a tsp of york peppermint pattie coffee creamer to thier supplement drinks? It's a bit of calories but makes it taste like ice cream. Yummmm
  • jayhoang
    Options
    I'm 50+ days into my P90X and pressing play everyday! Feel free to add. I'm always on here.

Great progress! I tried it for a month and I found it tough to keep up with. Not because it was difficult, but because I found it repetitive. I knew all his jokes and lines that it almost didn't give me motivation to hear him anymore.
    But that's not to say it's not a good program!

Ab ripper and plyo was just insane!

Good luck with the last month or so!
  • zhahn
    zhahn Posts: 10
    Options

Great progress! I tried it for a month and I found it tough to keep up with. Not because it was difficult, but because I found it repetitive. I knew all his jokes and lines that it almost didn't give me motivation to hear him anymore.
    But that's not to say it's not a good program!

Ab ripper and plyo was just insane!

Good luck with the last month or so!

Most days I turn the sounds off and blast my own music. Still enjoy it. “Gotta love hearing "You make Gumby look like the Tin Man.” and “Pam the Blam” multiple times a week. Haha
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    what kind of workout routines you guys do?
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to do insanity and stick with it. some days I just don't want to though. I've started running at work again, and I do weight lifting while on shift.
  • Flyered_Up
    Options
    Any body ever tried adding a tsp of york peppermint pattie coffee creamer to thier supplement drinks? It's a bit of calories but makes it taste like ice cream. Yummmm
    No and Im even from York PA. where they are made !! I do add a squirt of nearby Hersheys chocolate syrup though.:bigsmile: But to make it up to my home town I only use York Barbell weights, dumbbells and equipment.
  • Flyered_Up
    Options
    I do Insanity for my cardio 2-3 days per week and lift 4 days per week.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    I need to come up with two good workouts that pretty much hit every muscle group. ANY THOUGHTS?
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hasfit.com offers free vids that offer a bit of everything.

From Beginners work outs, all the up to their version of insanity cardio.
  • jayhoang
    Options
    I need to come up with two good workouts that pretty much hit every muscle group. ANY THOUGHTS?

Steve Cook's Big Man on Campus 12 week trainer is amazing.
    workouts per week, cardio on your off days.

He hits everything from super sets to drop sets and really pushes your limits. If you're looking to gain muscle - his program is great.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    Steve Cook's Big Man on Campus 12 week trainer

Where do i find it at?
  • jayhoang
    Options
    Steve Cook's Big Man on Campus 12 week trainer

Where do i find it at?

here you go
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/steve-cook-big-man-on-campus-12-week-college-trainer.html
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    nice
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    i was hoping to get back on track with my strength training today. My wife had different plans but i am still going to get my cardio in. What is most important guys. If only time for one.......cardio or strength training. Seems a loaded question but i would like to hear the answers.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I have a race coming up so for now I'm going to pick cardio. Normally however I'd pick strength training as the most important.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I use ab ripper x and cardio x myself, then lift 4 days a week, stretch x on sunday.

Want to work in plyo x, but saw some exercises I liked more from an NFL combine training video.

I'm also getting very interested in CrossFit, but I want to get under 15% bf before I do things that are too taxing on my knees.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Guys are beautiful.

Stay beautiful guys!!!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    i was hoping to get back on track with my strength training today. My wife had different plans but i am still going to get my cardio in. What is most important guys. If only time for one.......cardio or strength training. Seems a loaded question but i would like to hear the answers.

If time is of the essence I would say strength training with a bit of HIIT. When I don't have 20 minutes to dedicate to cardio I do 15 seconds sprints on the airodyne bike followed by 45 second rest (trust me, it's a LONG 15 seconds). I do it 5 times and it takes me 5 minutes and is way more intense than my half hour run before I start lifting.
  • JBWILLOW
    JBWILLOW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Guys are beautiful.

Stay beautiful guys!!!!

^^HAHA agreed =)