Calling All People With Disabilities

Options

Replies

• CaptainJim157
    Options
    Thanks Aisser! I just got back,
    I think it went okay, I didn't really know what to say right away when he asked the questions, but I tried my best!
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    Happy Easter to all :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Happy Easter to you too!
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, Everybody.

I was reading through this thread last night and it really affected me. How nice is it that people who have various disabilities or are caring for a person with such challenges should unite and try to help and encourage each other?? I have some mobility issues of my own, and even though I have not been diagnosed with any problem in particular, there is an obvious problem in my family.. My brother passed away in 2004 due to complications from his CP, and my sister is mostly confined to a wheelchair and has been almost her entire adult life... I am truly blessed because I can walk, with some difficulty, but definitely have a mobility problem like my brother and sister just to a very lesser degree. I work full time, have been married for 19 years to a wonderful man, am raising our two teenagers (who are perfectly fine!) and remain as active as I can.. I do enjoy the support that my MFP friends have given me just in the short time I have been using it, and have already lost 7 pounds in two weeks. I know that losing at least some of the extra weight I am carrying will help me be more mobil. and will likely be helpful as I get older... Thanks for listening and good luck to each of you.. Becky
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    welcome becky!! congrats on your weight loss!! do they have a name for what is wrong with you?? i dont mean to be nosy, i only ask because my mom has been having problems lately with her legs and she cant really get around. dr's dont know whats wrong with her either.
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi - Of course I don't mind answering questions about me.. They have never been able to put a name on what has happenned to my brother, sister, or me.. Just some weird genetic thing, I guess, but they have ruled out CP and MS for me.. So I really don't know what it is, and have been living with it all my life... No biggie - I just need to plan things out WAYYY ahead of time if I know I will need to do a lot of walking (Going to a baseball game, concert, or even to the mall, etc.) and have to park a long way away.. I am grateful every day when I think back to the challenges my brother and sister have had and she continues to have every day and that I was spared most of that... My kids are fine, and her two adult kids are fine too, so I am praying that this won't skip a generation and affect their kids.. Our parents were fine too, so who knows how or why all 3 of us were affected? I am still up and running, trying to lose some weight in the process, and ready to roll.. Just not as fast as other people roll! Thanks for asking!
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Tis my birthday today! Wootski! ^^
    I'm finally in my 20's! :)
  • fooja
    Options
    happy b-day!! i wish i was only 20!!! oh the things i would go back and change!!! ima be 30 in july :( im gettin to be an old fart!!! lol!! well, i lost weight finally!!!!! 2 more lbs!! yea me!!!
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Good job fooja! Keep up the good work!
  • fooja
    Options
    thanks!! i hope i have more success this saturday when i weigh myself!! how is everybody else doing??
  • CaptainJim157
    CaptainJim157 Posts: 390
    Options
    'Ello! Sorry I haven't been on lately, been stressed out & stuff, s'all good now though! :p
    I've gained 2 lbs since not logging in :( So it's back to square one, (since I've really only lost 5 lbs now) Gotta keep it up everyday! ^^
    BTW, how is everyone else's day? Good I hope! :) Cheers!
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Where is everyone? :(
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hey :) A new friend of mine has ocd, and anxiety issues. so if you dont mind an unrelated question...how do you manage that? He's still trying to figure out how to control the little voice telling him to move objects, and count and all that. He really struggles with it. :(
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    I have been afflicted with chronic fatigue (Epstein Barr Virus) for over 20 years. I also have hypothroidism, frequent migraines and tension headaches, and mild anxiety. I do my best to stay positive and find a reason to smile every day!
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Hey, well, tbh, I'm taking lorazepam & sertraline for my anxiety right now, I also do self talk & deep breathing for my anxiety, as far as OCD goes, as soon as I think of "checking the light switch", etc, I think of something else right away, to kinda counter-act my thoughts from my OCD, as I'm only 20, I still have a lot to learn about it, but like dcurtis said, I always try to stay positive! :)
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Hey all!

I've had my Weigh-In today, lost 0.9 lbs, :) A total loss so far of 8.2 lbs :)
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Where's everyone been???
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    hi i am not disabled but my 6 yr old daughter has aspergers syndrome- autism. and it took 5 yrs to diagnose.
    I understand some of the hardships and frustrations.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Ah yes, your welcome to chat on this forum thread if you'd like :)
    The more the merrier! :)
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Hey! How's everyone's summer been?