Mcdonalds...

Options

Replies

• thyagofalconi
    thyagofalconi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    well done mate. My problem was donuts. My wife still eats loads of them (included in front of me, haha)

I didn't eat any one since I started here in MFP!
  • br2012
    br2012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had a McD french fry recently and it didnt even taste like food yet I felt I needed more. weird what that taste does to your brain! Despite the radioactive orange cheese and stark white bun, I do treat myself to an Egg Mcmuffin once a week. shhh. dont tell anyone. ;)
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    I had a McD french fry recently and it didnt even taste like food yet I felt I needed more. weird what that taste does to your brain! Despite the radioactive orange cheese and stark white bun, I do treat myself to an Egg Mcmuffin once a week. shhh. dont tell anyone. ;)

I seen nothing! :P
  • Puggy33
    Options
    I would still one day like to have a threesome with Wendy and Little Debbie.

I'm not sure a threesome with a fat red head and a child is on my to do list, but more power to you! lol :drinker:
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am totally crushing on you right now Pug!

every time I see this kind of statement I want to start slapping someone

This was sincerely meant as a compliment, Pug, and I hope you took it as such. I think it is great that he has the willpower to not give in to the heavenly aroma of french fries! I applaud him! I apologize if my phrase caused you angst. Where I come from gentlemen help their friends and don't slap ladies.

You go Pug! I will skip my weekly cheat at Taco Bell in your honor, Sir!
  • Puggy33
    Options
    I am totally crushing on you right now Pug!

every time I see this kind of statement I want to start slapping someone

This was sincerely meant as a compliment, Pug, and I hope you took it as such. I think it is great that he has the willpower to not give in to the heavenly aroma of french fries! I applaud him! I apologize if my phrase caused you angst. Where I come from gentlemen help their friends and don't slap ladies.

You go Pug! I will skip my weekly cheat at Taco Bell in your honor, Sir!

I appriciate the kind words and flattering actions, I love you also, keep up the good work.
  • jnoring
    jnoring Posts: 93
    Options
    I stopped eating all fast food for 6 or more months. Then one night (a late night also) we stopped at McDonalds, I ate half a Big Mac and have never felt sicker in my life. It was horrible. That was the last day I ever had fast food. Now I found out I am intolerant to gluten so I really can never have fast food again. It’s probably saved me tons of future heart attacks.
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love being able to do that! It feels good to be able to have control and eat within my means, I have proven to myself time and time again that I don't NEED to eat that huge value meal with the HUGE pop that has almost as many calories as my meal. I enjoy french fries, but a side salad and a small fry does the trick with my small burger. :)
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I went pub-hopping in downtown Minneapolis and had diet ginger ale the whole night. No alcohol, no fattening pub food. Still had a wonderful time with friends, though :drinker:
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Well last night I did it again, I ate at mcdonalds, I just couldn't help myself . The good part about it was I only had a fruit and yogurt parfait! I sat back and watched him eat his nasty grease filled tortilla boat while I had 150 calories of semi-maybe- healthy yogurt. I've never been able to resist a double cheeseburger of 20 nuggets and fries, so to me this was a victory and proof that I am really taking my health serious as well as show me i'm motivated to hit my goals!

What kind of will power have you shown lately to prove to yourself you are in the for the long haul? :drinker:

Wow, good for you!!
    I was in a similar situation yesterday at Wendy's last night. I find, personally, that Wendy's burgers are a lot more greasy than Mcdonalds. I decided to be good and get a chili, than I thought I might get a small fry as well thinking 'how bad can a SMALL fry be?'. Apparently 320 calories bad. I got a side salad instead, I was so proud of myself... because it wasn't easy.
    Keep up the fantastic work!!
  • orangefour
    orangefour Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I understand how big that is! I am a fast food junkie (well, I used to be anyhow..). My best friend and I went to Mcdonald's with our kids the other day and everyone got something.. except me. :) I had a bite of my friend's chicken sandwich and that was it. I was pretty proud of myself. It's really hard to resist temptation, especially when you have always given in before! So good for you.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been eating out almost every day for lunch, eating pretty much everything and anything, while ensuring it fits into my calories and macros.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I didn't say "regularly", now did I? You don't have to agree with me, but you also don't have to be a prick about it. :grumble:

His post was about his victory over a fast food addiction and he was asking about other people who had NSV's in the food-conquering department

Telling him it's okay to eat fast food because you had a McFlurry doesn't exactly contribute to his thread
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    good for you! i dont really have any willpower, i just eat what i want and don't deprive myself. i still lose weight. it works for me.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love McDonalds! Or I USED to anyway. Since my BF was diagnosed with diabetes & high cholesterol, we now stear clear of all fast food so that has helped me tremendously on my MFP journey! (plus they have torn down the Mickey D's in my town to remodel it - can't eat there if it's NOT THERE!) :laugh: The BF & I have regular weekly "date nights" where we go out to eat but I've noticed it takes me longer to order b/c I'm going over the menu with a fine tooth comb to see what my healthiest options are. We have a couple favorite places and one in particular makes a KILLER dewberry pie. Last time we ate there, I am proud to say I refused to get my usual after dinner treat! :drinker:
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ronald McDonald is the devil.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! that is a great accomplishment!
    I dont eat lots of things daily that I used to..
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Never ate there again after pink slime story emerged. Don't care if they have since said they don't use it any longer. Gross
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Proud of you! Nice work. :] I don't eat McDonald's because I'm a vegetarian as well as because I don't support how they treat animals, but it took me a few years to resist their fish sandwiches when my mom would buy them for me. :/ lol
  • galfan
    galfan Posts: 13
    Options
    so far so good for me....although if I do get a craving for McDon's, I will get the grilled chicken or fish fillet sandwhich (which will usually be my big meal for the day) and maybe eat a half portion of small fry. That usually does the trick and then I am happy :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!