Words adults over 21 should not use

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm way too laid back to care about people using slang words honestly. I joke around a lot and use probably half the phrases mentioned, but in business and serious communications, I don't. Life is short; relax! (Notice I refrained from saying "YOLO!" lol)

And BTW: I'm a 26 year old, married mother of two :flowerforyou:
  • PatticSpeights
    Options
    dis
    dat
    dem
    or
    da
    just stop it! It's not cute or funny :angry:
  • PatticSpeights
    Options
    Too funny!!! You Rachet!
  • PatticSpeights
    Options
    I'm reversing this just a bit as an adult can use whatever word(s) s/he chooses. As a listening adult you can choose to hear or not hear them. So just to name a few of my favs

mos def
    finnna
    hella
    bofum
    coo
    aight
    ignant
    nuttin
    deuces
    ratchet
    mo
    2 chainzzzzzzzzzz
    faded
    up in there
    you better "axe" somebody
  • seanikens
    Options
    I'll be 21 in a few weeks, I'm gonna use these words hella crazy around my besties until then.. No matter what the haters say. :)
  • PatticSpeights
    Options
    Toooo Funny!!! You so Rachet!!
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    cool beans!!!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Jelly... as in jealous. Really? :huh:

oh my, i have not heard that. that sounds like a slap worthy word.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I know several women who call their fathers "daddy." I see nothing wrong with it. ^^'

I do!

4ever a DADDY'S girl.

rip.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and I say almost all of these!!?!?! :-/

...My bad...

*I couldn't resist...

You're in good company.....I'm glad my friends aren't apart of the verbiage squad!

I use a lot of the words on the 'banned' list as well and I'm 38. My hubby (heh heh) uses "cool beans" a lot and he's going to be 45.

In all honesty I speak how I feel. If I'm in a business situation I'm obviously not going to use any of those words but casual, with friends, husband, out and about? Yeah.

I think it's rather silly and ridiculous to put age limits on things that people say, do or wear.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    regarding mummy. i am pretty sure that persons living in England and such call their mother mummy. as far as all the other phrases and words and ebonics mentioned, there are some that i use, but it is determined by who i am speaking with. i work with some young adults and this is their only language. some of the words/phrases irritate me more than others, but i wouldn't "smack" anyone.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    "Baby daddy"

Although really, I hate that phrase being used by anyone!
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    Yo you all be trippin. Ain't no big thang. Ya all needs to just roll with it dog. Peace out homie.
  • sicoe17
    sicoe17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Nor Cal born and raised, I will say hella until the day I die.

The only one that really bothers me is yolo. Its grammatical incorrectness bothers me for some reason; it should be yloo. On the same note "anyways" bothers me also. It's not a word and it's sh!tty slang, isn't slang supposed to shorten and simplify speech?

But, we all do things that annoy others and we all make mistakes. So in the name of live and let live, say whatever you d*mn well please, after all yloo!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    'Mummy' and 'Daddy'

Oh, this! I know someone who is 42 years old and still calls her father "daddy". Then again, she still lives with him, so that shouldn't be surprising.

My dad and all of his brothers (5 boys total) still call my grandpa Daddy. I ALWAYS thought it was weird because I never called my dad, daddy. They call my grandmother Dorp, though so I really don't know. Also, my boyfriend's parents refer to each other as mommy and daddy and I hate that. Most of the time he refers to his dad by his nickname manolo, but his parents still say things like, "daddy's doing this or that" or "are you going to mommy's house"...drives me nuts!
  • Wannabeachday
    Wannabeachday Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    True Dat, I'm for real, " how are you?" = I'm chill, or chillen....... Hateeeee it lol
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    that is banging!
    UGH
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh I am so guilty of saying bestie. I don't know why either. I think I am guilty of saying a lot of these words on here. Not good. lol