Clean eating cereal other than oatmeal?

Options
DJ2120
DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
Any suggestions for a good clean breakfast cold cereal? I thought Cheerios was possibly a good one until I saw all of the ingredients :ohwell:

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions for a good clean breakfast cold cereal? I thought Cheerios was possibly a good one until I saw all of the ingredients :ohwell:

Which ingredient were you concerned about?
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    By definition, no boxed cereal is going to be "clean". The whole idea of clean eating is to not eat pre-packaged and processed foods and to eat natural, whole, foods in place of them.
  • DJ2120
    Options

Sugar, salt, corn starch & some things I can't pronounce lol!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Cold scrambled eggs. With milk.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Try something organic.
  • DJ2120
    Options
    By definition, no boxed cereal is going to be "clean". The whole idea of clean eating is to not eat pre-packaged and processed foods and to eat natural, whole, foods in place of them.

I know, I just miss crunchy cereal & in cold milk :sad:
  • vetty41
    vetty41 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The closest would probably be some kind of organic whole grain cereal, maybe granola of some type or grape nuts?
  • samlankford
    Options

If I want cereal (sometimes your body just CRAVES something!!) I will get that "cascadian farm" "great grains", special k (like the dark chocolate or the blueberry), kix, cheerios, rice krispies or something like that.. I eat clean 99.999% of the time, don't think one bowl of cereal is all that terrible...:wink:
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't know a lot about clean eating but wouldn't granola be considered clean? Or Muesli?
  • ericalyn73
    Options
    Plain 100 % bran flakes or the original Fiber One cereal (looks like sticks). Both have very few ingredients and no added sugar.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

That depends own what your definition of "clean eating" is. There is no one right one. Tosca Reno's "clean eating" allows for things like Kashi Go Lean cereal.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options

can i use almond milk instead?? :laugh:
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Grapenuts fan! I add almond milk, almonds, cinnamon, and diced up dates. Yum!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

So the relative cleanliness of a food item is positively correlated with my ability to pronounce scientific terms?
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Uncle Sam cereal ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Sam_Cereal ) will clean you out! :D

Ingredients
    Whole wheat kernels, whole flaxseed, salt, barley malt.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I like brown rice with an egg for warm for cold Brown rice with Greek yogurt and fruit with a touch of cinnamon (its like a naughty free rice pudding)
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

can i use almond milk instead?? :laugh:

:sick: :noway:
  • DJ2120
    Options

I just know that most people who eat clean say that the more ingredients that it has & the harder they are to pronounce the less healthy it probably is.

So the relative cleanliness of a food item is positively correlated with my ability to pronounce scientific terms?
  • samlankford
    Options
    yeah rule of thumb is "if you cannot pronounce it, DON"T EAT IT" ... I follow that for the most part.. love kashi cereal but makes stomach WAY TOO LOUD!!!:happy: