- I can't do this!
- People are MEAN!
#2) Bogus diet advice
-Dr Oz.
- you must eliminate X
- no eating before/after/during whatever
- 900 million other examples
#3) Lack of will power (most excuses)
- My friend/husband/co-workers are sabotaging me!
- I can't find the time to exercise!
- Eating right is too expensive!
#4) Lack of preparation (a.k.a. pre-planning)
- Fast food/snack machine was the ONLY option available! (every day though?!?!)
#5) Dishonesty with self.
-body dysmorphia
-setting goals you can't stick with
-not logging accurately
-over-counting workout calories

Go!

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    tumblr_manzjbdnSZ1r76lino1_500.gif
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Can you stop being so damn logical and stuff.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Can you stop being so damn logical and stuff.

6xw7.jpg
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    touche'
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Excellent list. Can we add Lack of Variety in there somewhere? Too many people set these rigid diets where they eat the same thing day after day, get bored, binge, feel guilty, and then just blow the diet off altogether.

You can lose weight eating anything and everything. Mix it up, have some fun, don't be afraid to go over your calories or have a celebration lunch with co-workers. People feeling guilty over making a "bad" food choice kills infinitely more diets than actual bad food choices.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Excellent list. Can we add Lack of Variety in there somewhere? Too many people set these rigid diets where they eat the same thing day after day, get bored, binge, feel guilty, and then just blow the diet off altogether.

You can lose weight eating anything and everything. Mix it up, have some fun, don't be afraid to go over your calories or have a celebration lunch with co-workers. People feeling guilty over making a "bad" food choice kills infinitely more diets than actual bad food choices.

Yeah good points. Rigidity and guilt are pretty bad.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Love this.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    High five for not quoting from a different website without citing wooooo!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    High five for not quoting from a different website without citing wooooo!
    lolz- Yep. I write what I post, or cite references. I'm just cool like that.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Between this and the OP, beautiful work.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to add "aversion to learning about nutrition" under "bogus diet" category.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    I'd also like to add "aversion to learning about nutrition" under "bogus diet" category.

Totally! Nutrition education would solve SO many issues regarding bogus diets. I wish more people would take the time to just learn the basics- like reading "Nutrition for Dummies" or similar basic book without an agenda. It's easy to separate fact from fiction with just a basic understanding of nutrition.
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think those Top 5 are more than killers... I would call them to Top 5 Serial Killers, striking again and again all around the globe!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Totally! Nutrition education would solve SO many issues regarding bogus diets. I wish more people would take the time to just learn the basics- like reading "Nutrition for Dummies" or similar basic book without an agenda. It's easy to separate fact from fiction with just a basic understanding of nutrition.

It's irritating how many "experts" on these boards have no clue how the human body works. They just get their advice from quacks with a Ph.D. or M.D. or "nutritionist" behind their name and accept it as fact.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Right on!!! :drinker:
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
  • chocl8girl