Any keto/low-carbers looking for friends?!

Options
12346»

Replies

• sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm on atkins induction right now (the 1972 version), but I'm reading up on Nutritional Ketosis. I may segueway into that. Following Tom Nought's Fat Head movie/site.
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'd love some new friends! I've been doing the low-carb thing off and on for the past 10 years. I think I'm finally serious about it this time (though, I do still take breaks every now and then). I've been going strong since January 2nd of this year and have lost 16 pounds since then. :) Anyway, please feel free to add me!
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Starting keto later this week! Would love to be friends with others for food ideas!
  • markafalava
    markafalava Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im on day 2 of the keto lifestyle!
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I came across this article thing that I bookmarked on my phone for when people say I'm going to gain weight eating the way I do :huh:

http://blog.massivehealth.com/infographics/Carbs_are_killing_you/

:laugh: << That is me in my head while they are reading it! LOL!

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.
  • emick430
    Options
    I've been trying out a keto diet for the past week now and really liking it so far. If you want some food ideas/inspiration, I have an Instagram where I post most of my my meals and snacks. I feel like it really helps in keeping me accountable and creative--which keeps me from getting bored. :smile:

http://instagram.com/5months2fit
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm gonna add the both of ya. I'm doing keto myself. I'm keeping my carbs right around 30-40 per day.

:D I love to hear the word Keto from other people LOL!! When I first discovered it I couldn't stop talking about it, but everyone would look at me with this blank face and think I was crazy so I don't use it as a conversation starter anymore :laugh:

I haven't gone above 20-25g, but I'm going to experiment soon to see how many g's I can have and still stay in ketosis!

Feel free to add me as a friend.

I started Atkins Induction the first of January. I must have misread the book because I was between 20-25 in the beginning. I lost weight . When I was on the forums and saw it was 20 net as the max. I tried to keep it at that and stalled. I have PCOS which makes me insulin resistant. I think being able to average worked better for me. I have not left Induction.

When I started telling people (when they asked) what I was doing most would shrug because of the myths and misunderstanding about Atkins. I had a few people tell me I was basically doing Keto.

That sparked my interest in checking out Keto. I am able to find a LOT more recipes for that.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Yeah, anytime I mention that I'm doing keto, I get the same looks. I have to tell them that it's low carb and then they proceed to make fun of me because I don't eat a ton of bread and potatoes for all meals.

I get that a lot too. Drives me nuts. But yet when a diabetic tell them it's because of having diabetes that they go low-carb they dont get the same look.
  • jaehb
    jaehb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carbs for a few weeks now, feel off the wagon a little while back(around the holidays of course). I am looking for more low carb friends and meal ideas! Feel free to add me :)
  • daniat
    daniat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've always lost better on low carb. I tried solely counting calories and it has not worked. I lost ten pounds in almost 3 months then I stalled and eventually derailed.

I am now ready to get back on track and ready to accept that I can't consume over a certain amount of carbs. I would love to have some MFP friends who understand the way of eating and with whom we could share diaries.

Please feel free to add me.

Thanks!
  • FatSlayer1016
    FatSlayer1016 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oh add me, add me!!! I'm so sick of people telling me "You have to eat carbs! Carbs are ESSENTIAL to life!" I do eat carbs, but I get them from my eggs (1 carb per egg whats up with that? lol) and fresh vegetables. I don't need SUGAR to survive. I will admit the last week has been rough for me, I haven't been able to get as low as 20-30 like I would like, but I'm working on it. The more friends I have the better!!!!
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started a low carb ketosis diet on January 2 and have lost 16 pounds so far (started at 175 pounds). I keep my carbs to 30-50 g a day and do high fat and high protein. I hit a plateau so the last few days I increased my carbs a little and then I was down 2 pounds this morning. Though low carb, my diet it very plant-based. This is the healthiest I've ever eaten. I am taking a mini break for two weeks (I missed wine too much), then March 1 I'm going to do a 3-day cleanse and then go back into ketosis for a month. I'm hoping to lose 20 more pounds by April 30. We started a April 30 Challenge group to stay motivated if anyone wants to join: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12225-challenge-20-by-april-30th
  • turbojam_rocks
    turbojam_rocks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just started LCHF diet 2 weeks ago..And really need friends for meal ideas ..I am trying to keep my carbs at 30g,but find I am eating the same thing over and over again..Feel free to add me...I could really use the help:smile:
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Been living the 17 Day Diet life style since, Jan 2011 ( messed up this past holiday season) but back at it! Feel free to add me! :)
  • the_crazy_ninja
    Options
    Add me if you like. Doin paleo/primal *nomnom*
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I add pretty much anyone and everyone, my diary is open, and I can provide recipes for all of my foods in the database. FTR, they are all about 4-6 carbs per serving, and I like to EAT so the servings are big!
    :)
  • supah_
    supah_ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing keto - (i am a diabetic so i'm always carb counting) but I thought you guys might appreciate knowing there's a healthy keto community over on reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/

good luck everyone!!
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I lost the majority of my weight from eating between 40-80 grams of carbs a day. I have slacked quite a bit, while still losing weight. I still try to stay around 125 a day. But I would love some new ideas because I may go back to the low low carbs to help lose another 10 pounds.