8 Glasses of Water

2»

Replies

• vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    You're not alone. I have a hard time drinking water. I like it, but do not ever crave it. I am a coffee drinker, and if I had to have eight cups of coffee per day, I'd be in great shape. However, as it is, it must be water. My goal is to drink five glasses per day. Until five is comfortable, I will not drink six. I also cannot drink a glass at one sitting. So, I have two measured water bottles that I keep in the fridge. Ea. holds 20 oz. Every time I open the fridge for any reason (like getting milk for my coffee), I take a few swallows. I cannot do more than five swallows unless I'm actually feeling thirsty.

Oh, that reminds me, I need to go drink some water.

Good luck!

I drink at least 6 cups of coffee in addition to 8 + glasses of water. But the walks back and forth to the bathroom are steps and burn calories!

LOL Clearly, we are kindred spirits. :drinker:
  • LCgymnast
    LCgymnast Posts: 258
    No you're not crazy. I do the same when I drink lots of water throughout the day. At least it's getting out all the "funky" stuff from my system so hey ill go to the bathroom I guess.
  • time4changexx
    time4changexx Posts: 103 Member
    I drink about 10 glasses a day. I feel like I'm pregnant again going to the bathroom all the time. I try and get all my water in by 6pm so I'm not waking up constantly throughout the night
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    I did notice my skin clearing up when I tried to drink more, so hopefully I'll get used to it like some of you have said :)
  • Agree with everyone who said it gets better. I have to drink at least that cuz I have issues with dehydration and kidney stones if I don't. Sometimes it's hard to drink that much but then I remember what kidney stones were like and the water goes down much easier. Lol. Good luck.
  • Try to split it up throughout the day.