Calling all Geek,Dorks and Nerds!

Options

Replies

• Ninnyninball
    Ninnyninball Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am a Harry Potter fanatic :) can't get enough! I could keep readign them over and over and never get bored!! Also love LOTR :)

I don't care if that makes me a nerdo!! The husband is also in the nerd zone - he is a programmer! go team :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Everyone is a nerd or geek now...:yawn:
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    But how many of you have your very own portal to Platform 9 3/4?? ;)

TheBarrier-1.jpg
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Giant nerd girl here. Well, I'm a bit old to be a girl now, but I refuse to be an adult.

Computer games, pen and paper RPG's, sci-fi movies books and anything else I can get my hands on.

My husband is a techno nerd...so our kids are destined to be little geeklets. They are already on their way.
  • loner_nell
    loner_nell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love to read, generally horror or fantasy, past that and I don't stay interested... Waiting for next George R.R. Martin book, till then I'm reading older novels by other authors, I could name but it doesn't matter I think :D I read all the Lord of the Rings books in High School. I read the Harry Potter novels, I'm not a fan of the movies.
    I play video games, though some people would think I'm not serious, because though I do play "real" games, I also play The Sims and Harvest Moon games. "Real Games": ex-World of Warcraft, ex-Everquest, Legend of Zelda games(I love those so much). Fable games I love so much. Dragon Age: Origins.... 2 was ok but not much replay value and kinda unsatisfying overall. Ecco the Dolphin when they still did that stuff, those games were hard for me though, only almost won the first one, the rest I'd get stuck, silly me. Mario Bros 1- Yoshi's Island, I dunno once they got to the Nintendo 64 I lost my thrill. Still have many really old consoles, what's great about them is, despite my Xbox sounding like a dying elephant(hyperbole, it does sound awful though), some of these systems are as old as me and run fine. Pokemon, I sometimes think some of the newer ones are silly, like that candle that turns into a lamp(Since one time I was joking about how they'd have a lamp pokemon, then I saw one)... but doesn't stop me from playing. I really, really want to play Guild Wars 2, but been playing the "I'm broke" game, it's a boring game that impedes my enjoyment of other games. I love animals, and enjoy their company immensely to people, it bothers my dad, but that's his problem. I am childish I love all things Unicorn still, though I prefer the ones with the lion tail to the horsey one, I'm not so picky I won't get unicorn with horsey tail stuff, it's just my preference. I'm kinda thinking of going back to WoW, I miss my WoW friends, the guild moved servers but I still had a few on the server my main toon is on. Maybe the new pet battle thing will make it less boring.. I hate leveling and I am not buying the expansion, I don't care enough anymore.
    "Not Real" games(I think this phrase is stupid, but hey, who am I to argue with "real" gamers?): Any Harvest Moon made for the Nintendo DS(I also have 2 for the Wii), The Sims 3 and subsequent expansions and stuff packs.

Yes I have bad grammar despite that, it's not something I pay a lot of attention to, just enough to know it's wrong. I can definitely see run-on sentences, and that I don't make paragraphs if I don't see it as a change of subject.

Edited because I forgot my "not real" games
  • IokiOcto
    IokiOcto Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    we can all get geeky about something...all of my stuff was written many times by many different people in this thread. Books, video games, movies, board games, tv & comics. Sci-fi, Fantasy, Horror (favorite).

If anyone wants to add me, feel free.
  • dumbbanana
    Options
    If any of you like Avatar: TLA or TLOK, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Pokemon or Homestuck, come to me you've found your people. My weight loss motivation is actually to look better in cosplay haha.

I was going to change my id to Randy Butternubs.
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nerd pride ftw!!
    Anything to do with the wonderful world of science is just... <3!! I'm not a scientist (yet...), but I'm an extremely passionate science enthusiast. Biology and chemistry are second to none. :')

LOTR, the Inheritance Cycle, Doctor Who, Pokemon, Star Wars, Skyrim and The Last Air-bender are brilliant beyond words.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Getting my Ph.D. in a science field. Math nerd. Love science. Love GOOD sci-fi TV shows, movies, and books. Huge history buff (area of specialty is the late Roman republican era/Julio-Claudian dynasty).
    I learned latin just so I could read primary sources of roman history. It also came in handy with medieval history. I found some history about my ancestors in the crusades. I love me some european history.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I watched a Harry Potter marathon a couple months ago. I'm thinking about re-reading the lord of the rings. I am a dungeons and dragons geek. My brother hosts a weekly game with most of the high school D&D group, but I haven't played in a while. I liked 3rd edition more than 2nd. I wasn't too keen on 4th. Now they're playtesting 5th.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    we had a sexy nerd/geek thread a while back.

i'm a total music geek. jason mraz--i've been a member of RKOP (like MFP for mraz-heads) since 2004. traveled across the country for shows with my RKOPals. i love HANSON. yes, it's true.

i won a typing contest in middle school. against the teacher.

i wear glasses. yes, it's a horrible stereotype but dammit, i'm a sexy nerd.

and i live for scrabble.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    I am a huge nerd, but people always seem shocked by this..
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    geek pride!
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Did someone call for a nerd *Superman poses*

I'm a total nerd but apparently we're in now (sure wasn't in high school :grumble:)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My house is full Trekkies, Whovians, and Jedi. I also love Weird Al Yankovic.
    Being homeschoolers, my kids are mini-geeks who read science books, my anatomy and physiology books, and the encyclopedia set for fun. I love homeschooling...their questions and curiosities spur many impromptu field trips. We had a tornado headed toward us this past week (it dissipated about a mile from us), and today we are on a quest to find out who makes the decision to activate the sirens in our town, when/how/where they are activated, how many sirens we have and where they are located, etc.
  • gmad87
    gmad87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Someone rang?

Let's see... I love Star Wars, Star Trek, LOTR, anime, lots of cartoons from my youth like Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Two Stupid Dogs, (just about all of the cartoon-cartoon era stuff basically), and even more recent cartoons like Flapjack, MLP:FiM, and I'd like to see Gravity Falls--just haven't had the opportunity to watch it yet. I'm a 25 year old grown-*kitten* man and still coming to terms with the fact that I'm an adult :P. Not sure if I could ever let go of my inner child.

I also love video games, from flight simulators to racing to fighting, adventure and RPG games. Current game fixations are Faster Than Light, Guild Wars 2, Natural Selection 2 (pre-ordered), and Minecraft. There's a huge laundry list of games I've loved to play growing up, but I wont go there. For more mundane stuff I love academic subjects like history and as far as sports go hockey is my main staple.
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    *nerd girl signing on!!* :bigsmile:

I'm a big techie, I love all things electronic. I'm completely hooked on Tomb Raider, Assasin's Creed. One of my ideas of spending time with a significant other completely revolves around kicking butt in DC VS Marvel or good ole Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat. I loved all the Harry Potter movies, I used to read books 3-4 at a time....in the 5th grade. I beat my entire school in the 6th grade for having read and tested on the most books for a program called accelerated reader...did the gifted and talented classes...
    And recently am proud to say I am in my Sophomore year at Northwestern State University majoring in Addiction Studies and have thus far remained on honor roll every single semester :) Nerds, Geeks, Dorks....we make the world go round! :drinker:
  • evereadysmile
    Options
    Maybe more of an obsessive fangirl and freak than a geek. Definitely a nerd, although my proclivities lean toward civil engineering and roads these days. Proud to let me freak flag fly though, no such thing as a guilty pleasure. Mine are: LotR, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Whedonverse(s), Doctor Who/Torchwood, music, sci-fi and fantasy books and most vampire things that are *not* Twilight.
  • jeffryjirraf
    jeffryjirraf Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Maybe more of an obsessive fangirl and freak than a geek. Definitely a nerd, although my proclivities lean toward civil engineering and roads these days. Proud to let me freak flag fly though, no such thing as a guilty pleasure. Mine are: LotR, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Whedonverse(s), Doctor Who/Torchwood, music, sci-fi and fantasy books and most vampire things that are *not* Twilight.

civil engineering is always a good thing
  • bostongeek
    bostongeek Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    reporting in!

total sci-fi/fantasy geek--I have a Firely tattoo, throw Star Wars parties, read comics, etc. I love me some B5, some Star Trek, and crazy old British spy shows like the Avengers and Man from UNCLE. (I still want to be Emma Peel when I grow up.) My favorite comics hero is the Flash, and I'm going to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon dressed as Wonder Woman (if they'll let me in--Disney doesn't own DC haha).

Feel free to add me as a friend, still kind of new here and looking for "my people." :)

ETA: also I watch the complete Batman: TAS and Justice League (+Unlimited) about every other month. I'm basically an 8-year-old boy disguised as a 20-something woman.