Calling all Geek,Dorks and Nerds!

Options

Replies

• Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just read through all of these posts...YOU GUYS COMPLETE ME and I love you all!!
    I cosplayed for Comic-Con, I love Harry Potter, I play video games, love Marvel, recently have fallen in love with Steampunk, etc, etc....
  • evereadysmile
    Options
    Maybe more of an obsessive fangirl and freak than a geek. Definitely a nerd, although my proclivities lean toward civil engineering and roads these days. Proud to let me freak flag fly though, no such thing as a guilty pleasure. Mine are: LotR, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Whedonverse(s), Doctor Who/Torchwood, music, sci-fi and fantasy books and most vampire things that are *not* Twilight.

civil engineering is always a good thing

Indeed! But not always glamorous. :)
  • Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't know which of those names apply to me but I know I am in there somewhere. I love the Firefly, Zombies, real Vampires (not sparkly ones), Post Apocalyptic fiction, Dr Who (newer seasons), Misfits, Fringe, I think the earlier Star Wars are better, and more. I am not much of a gamer but my husband fits that bill. He played D&D big time, had his own BBS in the day and now plays online games with friends. He even bought Harry Potter in Latin just because.

My oldest daughter wants a Tardis (who doesn't). She thinks David Tennet was the best Dr Who. Being from the US most of her friends have no idea when she talks about Dr Who. Thats OK. She has read the first 5 Harry Potter and she is 8 years old.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Everyone is a nerd or geek now...:yawn:

Dayum straight.... we're taking over!

TV - True Blood, Walking Dead, Dexter, and GAME OF THRONES!

Movies - Too many to list...if it's based off of a comic book it's added. You can also toss in Gladiator, Serenity, Hanna, Pitch Black, 13th Warrior (how many of you know that one eh?) and many more...

Books - Most anything Stephen King, The Dark Elf saga by RA Salvatore, and oddly enough..I'm hooked on the Otherworld Novels by Yasmine Galenorn

Comics : Yeah...if I get ahold of it...I'll read it. Batman and Wolverine are the top two though.

Games : Everquest, D&D, NWN, StarCraft, Diablo...ect ect.

(I just realized I'm ranting like I'm throwing out Street Cred. Gonna shut up now.)
  • Guerrillascribe
    Options
    We live in the age of the geek and nerd. Even marketers and trend forecasters are hitting the comic cons in a bid to telegraph what's going to be cool.

That's all good, just keep it on the level and let the nerdvana envelope you.

As Adam Warrock raps: "Welcome to the Nerd Corps/Here's your application!"
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Movies - Too many to list...if it's based off of a comic book it's added. You can also toss in Gladiator, Serenity, Hanna, Pitch Black, 13th Warrior (how many of you know that one eh?) and many more...

Books - Most anything Stephen King, The Dark Elf saga by RA Salvatore, and oddly enough..I'm hooked on the Otherworld Novels by Yasmine Galenorn

Comics : Yeah...if I get ahold of it...I'll read it. Batman and Wolverine are the top two though.

(I just realized I'm ranting like I'm throwing out Street Cred. Gonna shut up now.)

To the point of over saturation. I miss the old days when no one wanted to be a nerd/geek.. sigh
    Oh and EverQuest whooo hooo!
  • jeffryjirraf
    jeffryjirraf Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Maybe more of an obsessive fangirl and freak than a geek. Definitely a nerd, although my proclivities lean toward civil engineering and roads these days. Proud to let me freak flag fly though, no such thing as a guilty pleasure. Mine are: LotR, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Whedonverse(s), Doctor Who/Torchwood, music, sci-fi and fantasy books and most vampire things that are *not* Twilight.

civil engineering is always a good thing

Indeed! But not always glamorous. :)

Eh, I beg to differ :P. We set up an Engineering rugby team (I am wearing our strip in the picture) and we have thrashed everyone so far. We beat Law 46-0. Take that lawyers!
  • katieg2289
    Options
    There is a group on here that I know you will like...

THE GEEK SQUID!

Join us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3566-the-geek-squid

1238 other geeks can't be wrong.

Joined! Also, I LOVE your shirt!! :bigsmile:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Did someone call for a nerd *Superman poses*

I'm a total nerd but apparently we're in now (sure wasn't in high school :grumble:)
    LOL I hear you. I've bean waiting a long time for nerd to finally become cool.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options

To the point of over saturation. I miss the old days when no one wanted to be a nerd/geek.. sigh
    Oh and EverQuest whooo hooo!

A Fellow EQ'er? I thought we had all died off...
  • LadySylvanas
    LadySylvanas Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Played Diablo2 and Heroes of might and magic 3&4 at uni, WoW for 6+ years (still playing every day - even right now), Diablo 3(still playing but quite bored), Starcraft 2(extremely bored), Guild Wars 2(still playing).

I even met my hubby on WoW!!!! Must admit I was a total no-lifer once but I'm a bit better now (still no rl friends but will get there)

Finished the Dragonlance the whole series 3 times (I've actually read some of them at least 5-6 times) I absolutely love the characters totally in love with Raistlin and I lose connection with the real world when I'm reading my book :indifferent: I have to have one in my handbag - wherever I go.
  • evereadysmile
    Options

I own the 13th Warrior on DVD!!
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Doctor Who invokes fangirl squeeling in me.

Pokemon is god. new gen pokemon makes me want to cry. i am so addicted my car even has a bulbasaur vinyl on it.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I've definitely been called a nerd most of my life....into old school consoles, collect comic books Batman is my favorite, love watching Archer, The Walking Dead,etc..... I'm big into superheroes & obsessed with Tim Burton. I have a sleeve design for just Tim Burton characters that I will get when I reach my goal weight! :)) Feel free to add me!!
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I am realize that my profile pic, doesn't match my nerd status, but I have always been in between jock and nerd.

High school Vice president of the school's Chess team, but also Team captain of the Wrestling team.

Attend San Diego Comic Con, every other year. Loves video games, MW3 and Madden.

Avid Airsoft player.

Movie buff, but not a fanatic.

I have a Darth Maul, Bob Fett, and Storm Trooper Halloween Costume.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I like Star Trek....Got a problem with that?
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I am realize that my profile pic, doesn't match my nerd status, but I have always been in between jock and nerd.

High school Vice president of the school's Chess team, but also Team captain of the Wrestling team.

Attend San Diego Comic Con, every other year. Loves video games, MW3 and Madden.

Avid Airsoft player.

Movie buff, but not a fanatic.

I have a Darth Maul, Bob Fett, and Storm Trooper Halloween Costume.

That is so sexy
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    You had me at Avatar: The Last Airbender (show of course, not that horrid movie) I love all that! Video games, I have my own R2D2 Xbox, a Wii, PS2. I adore The Legend of Zelda. Maybe a bit too much. Assassin's Creed, Okami..so many!!!

Are you talking about Avatar the movie or the Airbender movie? Both sucked in my opinion, but the Airbender show was amazing. The movie though was just god awful.

The Last Airbender movie, never bothered to watch Avatar with the blue people. From what a professor said, it was Dancing With Wolves with better graphics. The Last Airbender took me 3 separate times to complete it, it was just so terrible
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    if there are any Transformers or Gi joe collectors add me!!!!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    you sound awesome feel free to add me