Ways to 'spice' up water

Options
13»

Replies

• crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I spice mine up with TONS of ice!!!!! :) Actually, I have water in my ice, I think!!!

I agree that water does have a flavor. Different towns/cities/etc. can have a different flavor, depending upon where the water comes from, whats in it, what the city adds to it, etc.

I've tried oranges/strawberries/lemons in it, sliced and left overnight, but it just tasted like it had picked up "refrigerator taste" so I went back to plain water. That's about all I drink, except for unsweetened tea at dinners sometimes.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Lipton cold brew, and ice water..

Mio, Crystal Light, and diet Soda all have the same nutritional profile. Propylene glycol, Acesulfame potassium, and Potassium sorbate. Not good things for you.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Cucumber, lime, lemon and mint leaves :) All together, or individually. Otherwise, I skip the artificial sweeteners.

I have a friend whose mom loved to try cool, different things and they would fill a container with cucumbers, or strawberries, or other random fruit, pour water over it, and chill it in the fridge. that gave the water the slightest hint of flavor, not too overbearing and it didnt leave that funny aftertaste some enhancers can (although i think mio tastes really good in water.) its a fun alternative to water mix-ins.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options

I always consider my tea water. I dont add anything but a tea bag and and hot water.

Ditto. I can drink up to 7 cups of sencha in a day... I have a little 2.5 cup teapot and I always try to resteep it 3 times, partly to get my hydration in and partly to get the most out of the leaves. I don't add any sugar or milk, and I'm pretty sure the calories are negligible! Tea is lovely.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    You don't have to get your water from pure water.

Juice, tea, coffee, etc

That is false.

that was a trick question.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's fine to count water from tea and coffee. Tea and coffee in moderation are good for most people. Even though there is some diuretic effect, it doesn't outweigh the amount you take in. You can also count water from food. Fruits and soups are some of the obvious ones with good water content.

I really like to flavor my water with lemon and lime juice. I also like to make green tea soda: brew green tea with an herbal tea of choice (strawberry or cherry are good bets), refrigerate, add to a tall glass with either carbonated or normal water and ice, and add sweetener as desired. Lemon and lime juice help maximize the benefits of green tea.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Also, sometimes the difference between enjoying plain water is preparation time. I struggle to drink a glass straight from the tap unless I'm very thirsty (even over ice), but that same tap water refrigerated and then poured over ice is delicious to me. I also prefer lots of crushed ice to cubed. Makes a big difference to me, not sure why.