how many meals do u all eat a day

Options

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Usually around 8 to 10 times if I worked out that day. I get hungry about every two hours so I find that the small regular meals work better for me.
  • Heatherwood62
    Options
    They say it is best to eat every 3 to 4 hours. When you snack, it is best to stick to higher protein foods. Like 10 almonds or
    tablespoon of peanut butter. Avoid high sugar or high carbs. I am not an expert but this is what I have read. I would force
    yourself to drink lots of water. If you don't like water..... flavor it w/ a very small amount of juice. The main thing is to keep
    your blood sugar even...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    3 meals, 3 snacks
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    2 to 6 a day, depends what you call meals. I adjust based on how I am feeling, if I know I am having a big dinner, I have a very small lunch, more like a snack than a meal. If I'm feeling very hungry, I have a small snack between meals to avoid eating an extra meal.

I always eat dinner, I eat breakfast 95% of the time. I skip lunch a lot, I often eat a mini-meal late at night.

This week I've been skipping some meals,and cutting down on others to create a deficit, since next week I'm eating out twice at fancy restaurant - thats a rare thing and I want to be able to enjoy them
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I usually only have what I consider a meal once a day, sometimes twice on the weekends. But the number of times I eat varies considerably. During the work week I typically eat 3-4 times, with the last time being a big meal for dinner and usually consisting of half or more of daily my calories, and the others ranging from 100 - 350 calories.

On the weekend I may only eat twice and then both are pretty decent sized meals, or I may never have a true meal and just snack all day. And occasionally I may eat so much at one meal that it's all I eat all day (usually at a cookout, restaurant or some type of gathering where a variety and plethera of food is served).
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    i eat...

all

day

long...

sometimes there's a definitive breakfast, lunch and supper in there, sometimes it's just a day long series of (mostly) healthy snacks.
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I eat 5-6 smaller meals a day with breakfast and lunch being the biggest meals (400ish) calories each. and I try my best to space them out 2-3 hours.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I often feel it is one continual meal scattered here and there through the day. I guess I tend to 'graze' .
  • WhatAgirl_
    WhatAgirl_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    seriously the three meals a day makes me nice and full and happy. hat 4-6 small meals a day doesnt work for me.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day but usuallyyyyy it works out to be 3 main meals with like 4-6+ random snacks.

My schedule is usually (on weekdays) eat breakfast around 8am, lunch at 11am, sporadic snacking until 5pm, dinner, more snacking and whatnot. It just depends on when I'm hungry though which is why my lunch is so early.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I typically eat breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch, an afternoon snack, dinner and an evening snack (typically my biggest calorie expenditure because I am a night snacker). I try to eat just enough to feel full and usually the only time when I go over my "full" point is at night but I try and save enough calories to accommodate that.
  • alisonmaynard70
    alisonmaynard70 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 5 to 6/250 calorie meals a day.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Sometimes 2, sometimes 4, sometimes 3. No day is exactly alike for me.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    depending on how you drink your coffee, that might have a bigger impact than the imaginary difference eating many small meals a day does :)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I eat breaskfast

then I have a piece a fruit and water at 10

Lunch is my main meal

Snacks again at 3

And either another meal or just snacks for the rest of the afternoon including another piece of fruit
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    2-3 meals.

i rarely snack. i prefer eating 2 large calories meals instead
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    3 meals and 2 snacks works for me 300 cal. for breakfast 300 cal. for lunch and 500 cal for supper. If I want any snacks I take 2 ...100 cal snack between breakfast and lunch and then between lunch and supper. If I have the snacks I take away cal for my supper. I do a total of 1200 calories a day. It works for me.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have 3 meals and 4 snacks. A generic day:

6am Protein shake breakfast
    8am 1 cup of cereal (corn chex or similar)
    10am 2 carrots or 2 cups pre-mix salad
    12pm greek yogurt
    2pm apple or 24 almonds
    4pm greek yogurt
    6pm 6oz chicken breast, 1 cup steamed veggie

90oz + water a day
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I eat 2 meals most days, sometimes only one - not healthy and ideal, I know. As for snacks, maybe one in the early afternoon.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    2-3 usually depending on my schedule. Sometimes I skip breakfast, sometimes i eat it. Sometimes I miss lunch or dinner because of work. Good thing it doesn't matter when you eat :) Today I skipped breakfast, ate lunch around 1:30, I will probably eat again in about an hour and then be at work from 4pm- 11am. So maybe a snack when I get off, but not a meal at midnight.