How often do you weigh?

Options

Replies

• tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week on the same day at the same time. But I'm taking four weeks off of the scale right now.
  • MarissaH85
    Options
    I normally weigh myself once a week on "weigh-in Wednesday" I think its fun to say so that's why I do it on Wednesday.
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Options
    Monday Mornings, before I eat or drink
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    Hubby and I weigh every Monday morning. More often makes us slaves to the scale. But less often we seem to get off track. Goals we have met so far, him killed 200, Me gave away 49.8 lbs. lol
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. Any more than that just drives me crazy.
  • loner_nell
    loner_nell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    After I locate the scale again, I hide it in disgust, it will be weekly in the morning.
    Till then I'm just using measurements..
  • kmm8784
    kmm8784 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other Friday first thing in the morning. I'd go crazy if I weighed in everyday.. I'm trying not to be too stressed about the number more about the inches
  • abeoetebaris
    Options
    I do the same thing. Every day, every morning, after I run, and at night. I should just toss that scale into the dumpster to save me the grief (and anxiety)... but sometimes is surprises me!
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day just to see where I'm at. I usually record my weight once I've lost 3+ pounds from my last weigh-in, so I'm sure that it's actually gone...if that makes sense.
  • U81fA1th
    U81fA1th Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weigh in first thing every Monday morning :happy:
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Just curious on how often everyone weighs themselves.... Daily? Weekly? Monthly?

Since I just started, I was thinking about weighing daily for the first few weeks, then moving to weekly.

If you weigh weekly... what day do you do it on and is there a reason for it?

Just trying to find my place. :)

I weighed myself every morning when I was losing but I was able to not freak out when I saw the fluctuations. If it makes your freak out then it's no good for your sanity.

Your body loses weight in chunks, not linear. I have found that you can do everything right and your weight loss seems to plateau but if you are patient and keep exercising and eating at a deficit (however slight) you will lose it, it will suddenly "whoosh". There are so many variables for the scale; water retention, digestion, hormones, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. People mistakenly think they lose or gain weight when they eat more or less because of these fluctuations.

Losing weight requires tremendous patience. You will not lose it when you want it or where you want it. The body does its thing. Some apparent plateaus can last a month or so. You cannot make it happen faster. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next.

The scale is a trend tool. The scale is good but put it away and only check once a week and only use it as a trend tool. It will fluctuate, it does not matter. Take front side and back progress pictures at least once a month. You will see differences that the metrics won't tell you and it's that little bit of NSV that will keep you going until the next victory.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Every day. I use an analog scale that has a zero knob. I find that it is much more accurate than the two digitals I have owned.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I actually check once or twice a day. I find it useful, it never gets me down. If I have certain foods I can always tell on the scale & this has helped me know where to cut back.
  • krathbun01
    Options
    It depends on how I feel in the morning..but mostly weekly on Mondays or my days off. Not good to do it everyday and should weigh in about same time before you eat breakfast.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh every day. Now I do it once a week or every few days.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    About twice a week. I am never discouraged when I weigh myself, it just keeps me motivated and gives me good feedback about how I am doing. I am in maintenance now and I remember years ago when I gained weight, it was gradual over more than a year. I never want my weight to sneak up on me again, so if I see the number on the scale go up a few ounces, I know I have to modify what I am doing and be careful for the next few days.

When I was losing, I recorded once a week, but I weighed about 3 to 4 times a week to keep a close eye on my progress and could feel very confident about recording a loss when it occurred. It was very motivating...I kind of miss those days of the seeing that scale go down each week...but then I remember I am at my goal weight and that is even better.
  • LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing myself every morning; right after I urinate and strip. I think weighing yourself in the morning is better because you shed water weight overnight. For me, the difference between weighing the night before and the morning after is 2 lbs.
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Every morning I weigh myself. I write it down, but I use Sunday's as my actual 'weigh in' day. I use the small free calendars from Hallmark to record my weight. I have found throughout the week, my weight will fluctuate sometimes up to 2 pounds, but Sunday's seem to be my lowest for the week!
    :wink:
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Once a week is recommended by weight watchers. I think it's better than once a day. Weighing once a day may give you a bit anxiety.
  • SunnyLuc87
    Options
    I usually weigh once a week. It's often enough to make me feel accountable and seldom enough to keep me from getting too discouraged.