Workout Playlist...

Options
I'm looking to compile a workout playlist. Wondering what gets everyone else motivated and moving?

Replies

• StrongAtLast
    StrongAtLast Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Probably stuff that no one else likes.. I like listening to bands like God Smack, buck cherry, Kiss to get me going during workouts....The intensity of the songs helps. Of course, sometimes I throw in old-school Rap (Beastie boys, Run DMC....) for my cardio!
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I just turn on SlackerRadio to the Adult Alternative station
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Higher Ground (RHCP), Need you Tonight (INXS), Beastie Boys and old school hip hop or rap (so fun!)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    heehee i have a metal playlist for running.

dragonforce, quiet riot, black sabbath, avenged sevenfold, static-x.

also like dropkick murphys, metric, black eyed peas and "clubby" songs.

oh and gangnam style! i giggle so hard during it.
  • Greatpyrs
    Options
    "Lose Yourself" Emenem
    "Intergalactic" Beastie Boys
    "Sabatoge" Beastie Boys
    "with you in my head" UNKLE
    "Pump up the volume" forgot artist
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Slipknot, Static X, Zombie, System of a Down, Korn... I like it hard...
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I googled the top workout songs and then went with the ones I liked...I love my mix!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Get yourself some

Deadmau5
    Swedish House Mafia
    Checimal Brothers
    Fat Boy Slim
    Daft Punk
  • nisha0612
    nisha0612 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i ve signed up to runhundred.com. they send you a track every week, so its 12 tracks each an hour long for a small price. If you don't want to pay, they have general workout track ideas.
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Girl power in all forms: Pink, Gloria Estefan, Beyonce& Destiny's Child, Alicia Keys, Diana Ross...
    and '80s electronic rock: Van Halen, Foreigner, Europe, AC/DC
  • SlimmingSarah2012
    Options
    Birthday Cake - Rihanna
    Gangnam Style - PSY
    Helena Beat - Foster the People
    Memories - David Guetta
    Midnight City - M83
    Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
    Shut it Down - Pitbull
    Turn up the Music- Chris Brown

Are some of my current favs to work out too...
  • LuckyMe381
    LuckyMe381 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    a good one is "remember the name" eminem
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    The amount of love for the Beastie Boys in this thread has done my heart good.
  • samlankford
    Options
    I listen to a lot of Muse... it all depends on WHAT type of a workout I am doing... I love hearning "my body" by young the giant come on when my body just wants to QUIT on me, instantly gives me energy to push even harder.... I use a lot of "iheartradio" app on my iphone.. use 104.5 mostly...
  • lmarkarian
    lmarkarian Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty eclectic list I listen to. I used it to train for a 1/2 marathon, and have added some over time, but now I use it just to workout. Eminem, Beyonce, Maroon 5, Justin Timberlake, Brittany Spears, Christina Arugula, Sarah Barellis (sp?), The Eagles, Adam Lambert and theme from Rocky.. If you want the exact list, email me and I will send it to you. markarian.linda@gmail.com. I love hearing what other people listen to.
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It varies from day to day, but I've been listening to a lot of Macklemore, Azealia Banks, and Gogol Bordello on recent runs. Have fun! :)
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Try Jog.fm you can enter the time for desired run or walk and preview the music. You can search by music or playlist. If you have an iphone they have an app for it as well.
  • donnamariewilliams
    Options
    When not doing aerobics and using my iPod, I have three playlists. Each one has about 20 some minutes of fast songs and then continually slows down to ones I use for toning. I pick out new songs on iTunes so I don't get bored! :bigsmile:
  • jharpsphotography
    Options
    Pink, Beyounce', Passion Pit, Deadmau5, Jack White, Foster the People, Fun., Adele, David Guetta, Fallout Boy, Fattys gets a Stylist, Florence and the Machine, Some of the Glee songs, How to Destroy Angels, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5

Fighter - Gym Class Heros
  • jessakittyis
    jessakittyis Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Birthday Cake - Rihanna
    Gangnam Style - PSY
    Helena Beat - Foster the People
    Memories - David Guetta
    Midnight City - M83
    Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
    Shut it Down - Pitbull
    Turn up the Music- Chris Brown

Are some of my current favs to work out too...

MIDNIGHT CITY! I thought I was the only person who ever listens to that song. But it is really a great workout motivator. When I hear the opening it just gets me going!