Hey guys please pick them weights up! 200 day progress!

Options
BackTatJIM
BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
****FIX NAME : Hey EVERBODY please pick them weights up! 200 day progress! **** Sorry about that ladies ;-)
I spent the last few years drinking, eating what ever I want and just all around being lazy and it caught up to me! AT one point I hit about 200 lbs and I never thought I could lose it.Then decided to quit smoking, starting eating right and doing a lot of cardio since joining mfp. Then decided why just get skinny? I want to look good again and get in shape so started lifting 5 days a week different body parts everyday and still do some cardio about 4 days a week. ( Also I see so many people losing 3-4 lbs a week which can be great but if you are lifting and eating right it may be a little much I have been shooting for 1 lb a week at most and am currently eating right under maintenance) Well here is 200 days on MFP and 3 - 8 week routines of lifting at the gym ..

I am very proud but at the same time very ashamed of these before pics!
BEFORE
45391_431001568515_6989092_n.jpg
IMAG0178.jpg

NOW
65756.jpg
rdfhr.jpg
gfhj_zps8476a8b8.jpg
and of course my profile pic ..

Thank you all of my friends and anybody who has posted helpful info on the forums. I hope this will help motivate at least one person. I will continue to work hard and post something a lot better in the future. WEIGHTS ARE YOUR FRIEND ;-)

Replies

• mcourtney09
    mcourtney09 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome! This has inspired me to pick up the weights again :)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    you look great! I might consider even picking up my 2 lb weighs.
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look fantastic. You should be so proud of yourself :)

So inspiring - I'm sure you'll motivate a ton of people
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    Awesome! This has inspired me to pick up the weights again :)

SCORE!!! made this post worth it already
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is an amazing transformation. Keep up the good work.
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Great transformation! Way to go!
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I need to do! Thanks for the reminder!

And congrats on your success!
  • oMandaBo
    Options
    Wow, great job! You look fantastic! Already love the weights, but it's always a nice to have a reminder of what I'm striving and working so hard for!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome!! ! :)
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    ohhh you look fantastic

and this is for LADIES TOO!
    LIFT LIFT LIFT!!

congrats!!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Whoa, awesome!!!!!
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Can't even telllll you how proud I am!! you're incredible jim, but you know that! This is such great inspiration for everybody!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Pick that **** up dammit!!!
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Awesome bud! Never saw your before pics until today...you are really ripped, great job!
  • Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    3 - 8 week routines of lifting at the gym

Wow great work. Do you mind providing more details on your lifting routine?
  • Jadesha
    Jadesha Posts: 17
    Options
    :wink: I was always so afraid of using weights thinking I'll bulk up & look awful. Thank you so much for re-inforcing the importance of it, I'll be definitely continuing my weight lifting efforts..........good job
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    3 - 8 week routines of lifting at the gym

Wow great work. Do you mind providing more details on your lifting routine?

8 week Routine I just finished was something like this ,,, but

MON -Bis/Tris seated curls 4 sets hammer curls 4 sets, headbangers 3 sets, sitting DB extensions 3 sets, tricep push down 3 sets, curl bar 4-5 sets, reverse curl bar 2-3 sets
    Tues- Shoulders - upright rows 4 sets, shoulder press, 3 sets, db shrugs 3 sets, db front raise 3 sets, db side raise 3 sets, rear delt fly machine 3 sets, and occasion straight bar pully raises
    Wends - legs- squat, leg extension machine, leg curl machine, sled machine, calf raises, and hip abduction 3 sets of each normally
    Thurs- chest- bench press, incline press, decline press, 3 sets of each normally the bar but sometimes I use DBS, db fly's, cable crosses from top, fly mach, dips , all about 3 sets
    Friday- back/biceps- lat pull down, close grip pulldown, seated row, cable crosses for back, 1 arm rows, dead lifts, and sometimes back extensions. all 3-4 sets
    Every thing is normally 5-10 reps depending on weight ,,, I have never tried to max anything really, and normally 15-20 minutes ob abs 3 days a week or just in between sets .... cardio normally 4 days a week 15-30 minutes after lifting .... sorry for the lack of details and not knowing all of the workout names , but am tired of typing , hope this helps a little
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    :wink: I was always so afraid of using weights thinking I'll bulk up & look awful. Thank you so much for re-inforcing the importance of it, I'll be definitely continuing my weight lifting efforts..........good job

Sound like my Mom ! She runs 3 miles 4 days a week , eats good and does videos, but has a hard time understanding how much weight training can help her. Btw my sister is a personal trainer and everyone thinks she is gorgeous and she lifts 3-4 days a week and is not bulky at all but you can not tell she had 3 kids !
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    great results man!
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    NICE! You look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!