silk not-milk

Options
2»

Replies

• FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I grew up - for the past 30 years drinking ONLY 2% milk.

I recently transitioned into the almond milk. And currently buy the *unsweetened* almond milk as well.
    The vanilla almond milk is only 40 calories per cup & the chocolate at 45.... and I love it.

I make my pure whey protein shakes with it, use for cooking, and in cereal <3
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I use the Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk and have ended up preferring it to the sweetened version. Sometimes I make my own almond or cashew milk, too. It's easy and eliminates additives, and sometimes I just enjoy the process, but I haven't found homemade to save me on cash *or* calories =)
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with cows milk?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with cows milk?

In my case, unless it's cooked, you wouldn't want to be in the same room with me after I drank it. Or after I eat cow milk yogurt.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The OP didn't say she tried soy milk, though there is nothing at all wrong with Silk soy milk. Unless you have a specific medical issue related to soy consumption, it's a healthy drink.

If you have a specific medical issue with the consumption of any food you should obviously avoid it.

Me = female, 2 children, been drinking Silk soy milk daily for more than 20 years and have no health problems.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Staying out of the soy-is-bad-for-you stuff going on in here (which I don't believe), I would say you should try all sorts of plantmilks to see if you enjoy even more! Almond and coconut milks are both super yummy, and I love hemp milk. There's also oat milk, rice milk and hazelnut milk. All have different tastes. It's really best not to think of them as "fake" milks. They're all milks in their own right, nothing fake about it, and none of them are actually trying to imitate animal milk specifically.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    We have gotten rid of milk altogether in our house and drink only almond milk.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Silk Soymilk is the best, I use it to make my oatmeal almost every morning(:
  • 1_day_at_a_time
    Options
    I love both soy and almond. I’m a vegan, and worked with doctors and dietitians, and never once has soy been an issue. I think it a personal preference, or some people might have an allergic reaction to soy. I have been eating it since I was a kid, along with a lot of people i know..and we are all just fine!
  • panda007dammit
    panda007dammit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk! I get the original type from Trader Joe's. I bought it on a whim one day just to see what I thought, and it tastes pretty good to me. I still really like cow's milk, but I'm having fun with almond milk for now.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You all should try oat milk... It's delicious. Skip the soy, it's hidden in so many other foods and if it's not organic it's almost guaranteed GMO plus it spikes estrogen levels.

i stopped using all soy foods and drinks after my thyroid gland started to fail tried almond milk after reading on here how nice it was ,tried it loved it ,:drinker: deff going to try oat milk along with lots other things that ppl have that i have never tried
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Are they processed foods or clean foods? All the funny milks, I'm confused. :bigsmile:
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Are they processed foods or clean foods? All the funny milks, I'm confused. :bigsmile:
    It depends greatly on what sort you get. You can find plantmilks that are heavily processed and plantmilks that are basically not processed at all, aside from blending. For nut/beanmilks, specifically, the process in its purest forum is just to soak the nut overnight, then blend it with water, and strain (if desired). Of course, some of the more commercial brands add extra ingredients and processes to get their own final product.