green coffee beans and raspberry ketone

Options
NewTnme
NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
Hello everyone:flowerforyou: Is anyone using green coffee beans and raspberry ketone to hep aid in their wt loss? If so what is your experience with it?

Replies

• iremmy
    iremmy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Took both. DIdnt do a thing. Only took them because they were natural and i have been on a very long plateau (10 months)
    I like Dr.Oz but he does get paid to endorse all these things. :) Unfortunatly there are no shortcuts. Just Eat clean, work out and drink lots of water. :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I have a product for sale called 'Snaké Oil'. To be featured on dr oz next week! Get in before the publicity drives up prices! I accept PayPal.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    They dont work
  • NewTnme
    Options
    Lol.. "Snake oil" I like that, do you catch your snakes yourself?:yawn:
  • ilenebowers
    Options
    I am taking raspberry ketone. Ive been taking it for about a month and a half. I feel a small difference, less bloated. I like it because there is no side affects, usually im sensitive to side affects but with rasperry keytone everything is just fine.
  • Cranktastic
    Options
    Save your money.
  • kelleyp31
    Options
    I'm taking pure green coffee bean, it got me out of my plateau and I am losing steady again. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • Only1mee33
    Options
    I loss 10 lbs just taking the green coffee beans. I ate as normal and didnt exercise. The first time I ate something fattening, i gained it all back. Lesson learned- The best way is good old fashion healthy eating and excercise!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    did you try doing a search on this site for topics similar?...
    bet you'll find sommmmme :)
  • Cranktastic
    Options
    Why take offence when actions are given a name? :flowerforyou: Im sorry, Promise I wound do it again..:cry:

I stand by what I wrote.
    They dont work
    Save your money
    Dr Oz spouts a lot of quackery...

In fact my advice could help you.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Both are a huge waste of money. Eat well, work hard, be patient.

There's no magic pill or supplement.

Dr. Oz is a complete quack also. Please stop getting nutrition advice from him and start doing your own homework.

Am I an *kitten* too now?
  • NewTnme
    Options
    I actually work with a young lady who has lost 20 lbs using these supplements granted the eating well and working out, The question was does anyone use this to help AID in wt loss, not USE ONLY for wt loss.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Why take offence when actions are given a name? :flowerforyou: Im sorry, Promise I wound do it again..:cry:
    I don't take personal offense. If your feathers got ruffled enough to call names, I probably hit just the right spot with my message. The point is, name calling has no business here. Its against the rules, and I wouldn't be surprised if you get moderation action taken for it. Make your points without resorting to name calling. Its a cheap tactic, and makes you come off as aggressive and reactive, rather than credible.
  • VelociMama
    Options
    I actually work with a young lady who has lost 20 lbs using these supplements granted the eating well and working out, The question was does anyone use this to help AID in wt loss, not USE ONLY for wt loss.

How do you know it was the supplements that helped and not her diet and fitness routine?

Here's some information for you:

"When given to mice in very high doses (up to 2% of body weight), raspberry ketone has been shown to prevent high-fat-diet-induced elevations in body weight. However, no effects on body weight were observed with doses up to 200 times greater than the estimated intake in humans. The high dose effect is reported to stem from the alteration of lipid metabolism, increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis. Although products containing this compound are marketed for weight loss, there is no clinical evidence for this effect in humans."

Sources:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0024320505001281

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0015626470803881

(see list of references cited here): http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1262-RASPBERRY KETONE.aspx?activeIngredientId=1262

People try to make the same claims about the HCG supplements and diet plans when really it's the very restrictive low calorie intake that does all the work, not the supplements. They are marketed in order to get your money and make you think that weight loss has to be expensive and miserable.
  • NewTnme
    Options
    I don't take personal offense. If your feathers got ruffled enough to call names, I probably hit just the right spot with my message. The point is, name calling has no business here. Its against the rules, and I wouldn't be surprised if you get moderation action taken for it. Make your points without resorting to name calling. Its a cheap tactic, and makes you come off as aggressive and reactive, rather than credible.
    :smile:
  • Cranktastic
    Options

How do you know it was the supplements that helped and not her diet and fitness routine?

exactly...the majority of the people here will tell you the same thing... we are being honest. You friend most likely would have the same result whether the took these things or not, it seems like she changed her diet and exercise routine. THAT is the key to success here, NOT the fad of the moment.
  • NewTnme
    Options

"When given to mice in very high doses (up to 2% of body weight), raspberry ketone has been shown to prevent high-fat-diet-induced elevations in body weight. However, no effects on body weight were observed with doses up to 200 times greater than the estimated intake in humans. The high dose effect is reported to stem from the alteration of lipid metabolism, increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis. Although products containing this compound are marketed for weight loss, there is no clinical evidence for this effect in humans."

Sources:

(see list of references cited here): http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1262-RASPBERRY KETONE.aspx?activeIngredientId=1262
    I thank you very much for your information.. You are very informative, did you do all of this research for me or did you think of taking this yourself, or are you a chemist?
  • texachicky
    Options
    I have never taken either of these supplements. I do regularly take "green tea fat burner" liquid soft gels. I truly feel they help me burn calories. Who knows how, maybe not even directly? I take 2 caps 30 minutes before a work out. I have a great work out & get really sweaty. When I dont take them before a work out, I lack energy and dont even break a sweat. With twin babies, I dont get as much sleep as I would like. So, sometimes I will take one capsule during the day to keep me going. I know it is doing something... I am no longer tired and my body temperature feels hot (when everyone else is cold, wearing a sweatshirt - I live in New England).
  • VelociMama
    Options

Sources:

I thank you very much for your information.. You are very informative, did you do all of this research for me or did you think of taking this yourself, or are you a chemist?

This isn't the first post about raspberry ketones and Dr. Oz on here. There's a lot of information out there on whether or not these supplements are scientifically proven to work or not (and not opinion pieces but real science). I just did a simple google search and reviewed some of the literature a while back and had some things bookmarked. I'm not a chemist, but I'm a scientist nonetheless.

Generally speaking, diet supplements don't work especially not over-the-counter ones. Don't fall for the marketing scams. MFP, however, does work, and it's 100% free. You're much better off just working on eating well and taking care of yourself than trying to speed things along with questionable supplements.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I fell in to the "raspberry ketone" trap mid-journey. Took it for a week. All it did was make me burp raspberry.

Diet gimmics are just that, gimmics. The only thing that works long term is eating at a deficit and moving more.