green coffee beans and raspberry ketone

Options

Replies

• wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I wondered what that raspberry ketone stuff was. I thought maybe like yogurt. We got an empty box from Sam's club for kitty, that's what it says on it. I must google now.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    1 bowl of junk cereal served with1 cup of milk provides a good source of protein and calcium
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I wondered what that raspberry ketone stuff was. I thought maybe like yogurt. We got an empty box from Sam's club for kitty, that's what it says on it. I must google now.
    Nope, the empty box is what everyone gets that buys it, you just got it for free!!!! Lolz
  • siriusalien
    Options
    There is some science behind the hype. BUT...BUT... to get the minimal benefits reported you have to mega dose both ketones and green coffee bean. It makes it unmanagable in the real world, pricey and again for little benefit
  • Bess_74
    Bess_74 Posts: 68
    Options
    I took the green coffee bean extract for a while & lost about 10 pounds before joining MFP, It worked for me, but I stopped taking them because it got a little spendy. My sister started out taking the raspberry ketone & just added the green coffee bean extract, and is doing great with her loss. She is also dieting & exercising, but wasn't seeing results & decided to try the supplements. I am planning on starting both if (when?) I hit a plateau. If you have concerns, I'd suggest discussing it with your dr, but in my opinion they work!
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I actually work with a young lady who has lost 20 lbs using these supplements granted the eating well and working out, The question was does anyone use this to help AID in wt loss, not USE ONLY for wt loss.

How do you know it was the supplements that helped and not her diet and fitness routine?

Here's some information for you:

"When given to mice in very high doses (up to 2% of body weight), raspberry ketone has been shown to prevent high-fat-diet-induced elevations in body weight. However, no effects on body weight were observed with doses up to 200 times greater than the estimated intake in humans. The high dose effect is reported to stem from the alteration of lipid metabolism, increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis. Although products containing this compound are marketed for weight loss, there is no clinical evidence for this effect in humans."

Sources:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0024320505001281

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0015626470803881

(see list of references cited here): http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1262-RASPBERRY KETONE.aspx?activeIngredientId=1262
    I thank you very much for your information.. You are very informative, did you do all of this research for me or did you think of taking this yourself, or are you a chemist?

This isn't the first post about raspberry ketones and Dr. Oz on here. There's a lot of information out there on whether or not these supplements are scientifically proven to work or not (and not opinion pieces but real science). I just did a simple google search and reviewed some of the literature a while back and had some things bookmarked. I'm not a chemist, but I'm a scientist nonetheless.

Generally speaking, diet supplements don't work especially not over-the-counter ones. Don't fall for the marketing scams. MFP, however, does work, and it's 100% free. You're much better off just working on eating well and taking care of yourself than trying to speed things along with questionable supplements.
    I googled the raspberry ketone and green coffee bean and everything I read about them were good, I only need to loss 15 lbs and I am not in a rush, I feel good and look good. I was actually wanting to find out if anyone on MFP has had experiences with the product. I also work with a person who's had the lap ban and it worked only for 1 1/2 yrs, I was really just curious... Not once did I say I purchased this product. It is truly amazing thou how some of the people on this web site attack a question someone may have on wt loss products. At least a heavy person can loose wt, Ugliness is hard to change, I really do thank you for your information. Good luck to you:happy:
  • graced111
    graced111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello my wallet has become considerable lighter due to Dr. Oz's claims. I have tried 5 of his recommendations. I gave each of them a respective time period (2months). They do not work alone. The only thing that has worked for me is this site. Slow and steady. Accountability for you calories and exercise. Currenyly down 6 lbs in 3.5 weeks. There is one thing that works great for bloating. Mix 1 cup pure cranbery juice with 8 cups water, and drink dailey.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I actually work with a young lady who has lost 20 lbs using these supplements granted the eating well and working out, The question was does anyone use this to help AID in wt loss, not USE ONLY for wt loss.

How do you know it was the supplements that helped and not her diet and fitness routine?

"When given to mice in very high doses (up to 2% of body weight), raspberry ketone has been shown to prevent high-fat-diet-induced elevations in body weight. However, no effects on body weight were observed with doses up to 200 times greater than the estimated intake in humans. The high dose effect is reported to stem from the alteration of lipid metabolism, increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis. Although products containing this compound are marketed for weight loss, there is no clinical evidence for this effect in humans."

Sources:

(see list of references cited here): http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1262-RASPBERRY KETONE.aspx?activeIngredientId=1262
    I thank you very much for your information.. You are very informative, did you do all of this research for me or did you think of taking this yourself, or are you a chemist?

This isn't the first post about raspberry ketones and Dr. Oz on here. There's a lot of information out there on whether or not these supplements are scientifically proven to work or not (and not opinion pieces but real science). I just did a simple google search and reviewed some of the literature a while back and had some things bookmarked. I'm not a chemist, but I'm a scientist nonetheless.

Generally speaking, diet supplements don't work especially not over-the-counter ones. Don't fall for the marketing scams. MFP, however, does work, and it's 100% free. You're much better off just working on eating well and taking care of yourself than trying to speed things along with questionable supplements.
    I googled thr raspberry ketone and green coffee bean and everything I read about them were good, I only need to loss 15 lbs and I am not in a rush, I feel good and look good. I was actually wanting to find out if anyone on MFP has had experiences with the product. I also work with a person who's had the lap ban and it worked only for 1 1/2 yrs, I was really just curious... No once did I say I purchased this product. It is truly amazing thou how some of the people on this web site attack a question someone may have on wt loss products. At least a heavy person can loose wt, Ugliness is hard to change, I really do thank you for your information. Good luck to you:happy:

You missed the part where I said "scientifically sound" not an article written by a guru or someone trying to sell a product. It should come either form the primary literature (actual peer-reviewed science) or an article that references primary literature.

I have no idea why you are so incredibly defensive, but you should really take a step back and learn some basics of science and nutrition before believing the crap you read.
    At least a heavy person can loose wt, Ugliness is hard to change,

Thanks for the insult. Classy to go that low AGAIN in this thread because someone challenges you to think. All you've done by making these digs is make yourself look like a complete fool.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Sources:

I googled the raspberry ketone and green coffee bean and everything I read about them were good, I only need to loss 15 lbs and I am not in a rush, I feel good and look good. I was actually wanting to find out if anyone on MFP has had experiences with the product. I also work with a person who's had the lap ban and it worked only for 1 1/2 yrs, I was really just curious... Not once did I say I purchased this product. It is truly amazing thou how some of the people on this web site attack a question someone may have on wt loss products. At least a heavy person can loose wt, Ugliness is hard to change, I really do thank you for your information. Good luck to you:happy:
    Another credibility ding. I know for a fact there are some very HOT people posting on this thread.
  • NewTnme
    Options

Sources:

I googled thr raspberry ketone and green coffee bean and everything I read about them were good, I only need to loss 15 lbs and I am not in a rush, I feel good and look good. I was actually wanting to find out if anyone on MFP has had experiences with the product. I also work with a person who's had the lap ban and it worked only for 1 1/2 yrs, I was really just curious... No once did I say I purchased this product. It is truly amazing thou how some of the people on this web site attack a question someone may have on wt loss products. At least a heavy person can loose wt, Ugliness is hard to change, I really do thank you for your information. Good luck to you:happy:

You missed the part where I said "scientifically sound" not an article written by a guru or someone trying to sell a product. It should come either form the primary literature (actual peer-reviewed science) or an article that references primary literature.

I have no idea why you are so incredibly defensive, but you should really take a step back and learn some basics of science and nutrition before believing the crap you read.
    At least a heavy person can loose wt, Ugliness is hard to change,

Thanks for the insult. Classy to go that low AGAIN in this thread because someone challenges you to think. The only ugly person in this thread sofar has been you.
    I did not mean that towards you. I am truly thankful for real, I ment the other nasty remarks other people made...
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    attack?

wow...
    so much for being nice.

You seem to be the only one attacking people here.

wow
  • NewTnme
    Options
    Wow this has really gotten out of hand, I am not a nasty person, yes I can get offensive at times but I asked only Has anyone used green coffe bean and raspberry ketone to help aid in wt loss, and what is their experience That's it, I did'nt ask about snake oil, ocean front property or anything else, I am done, everyone have a wonderful day and really,m really.... Good luck with your wt loss
  • atljennifer
    atljennifer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have no experience with the green coffee beans...but I do take the raspberry ketones, since I have cut out sodas and only drink black coffee occasionally the ketones seem to help give the jolt of caffeine that I was getting from the sodas but without all the bad stuff. I love to hear others opinions but since everyone is different and each persons experience is different, I always think its best to try it out for yourself.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Huh?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Willpower is free
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I fell in to the "raspberry ketone" trap mid-journey. Took it for a week. All it did was make me burp raspberry.

Diet gimmics are just that, gimmics. The only thing that works long term is eating at a deficit and moving more.

That doesn't sound too bad, better than fish oil burps. :laugh:
  • soneeuh
    soneeuh Posts: 2
    Options
    I have taken both green coffee bean extract and raspberry ketone and have had a dramatic, speedy weight loss. I really wasn't expecting this much success and I'm very pleased with the results. I still exercise because I like to be toned and fit as well as slim. I don't keep track of how much I weigh, just how my clothes fit. I went down two jean sizes in one week! The brand I used was by "Pure Health". Their website is www.purehealth100.com. I buy mine at Wal-mart. Someone had suggested this brand in a blog after I did not have success with another brand. I'm glad they did, so I'm passing it along! :)
  • soneeuh
    soneeuh Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, I posted some information regarding green coffee bean extract and raspberry ketone. It really depends on the brand, as some brands aren't "real". This was my experience. I hope this is helpful:

"I have taken both green coffee bean extract and raspberry ketone and have had a dramatic, speedy weight loss. I really wasn't expecting this much success and I'm very pleased with the results. I still exercise because I like to be toned and fit as well as slim. I don't keep track of how much I weigh, just how my clothes fit. I went down two jean sizes in one week! The brand I used was by "Pure Health". Their website is www.purehealth100.com. I buy mine at Wal-mart. Someone had suggested this brand in a blog after I did not have success with another brand. I'm glad they did, so I'm passing it along! :)"
  • tsaalyo
    tsaalyo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the green coffee stuff.

Yes, they do work.

The kind I took is with svetol, and nothing else. 200 mg per capsule. Don't go for those kinds with other stuff in them. Those additives do nothing.

Now, it's not going to make you drop tens of pounds automatically. But in the first week of using them, I lost three pounds, finally breaking a plateau I'd been on for a month. Since then, I noticed that I suffer far less for "bad" days. You know those days, where you go to an all you can eat sushi place, and suddenly you're 3000 calories over your daily goal. I find that the green coffee isn't so much a fat melter as a fat blocker. And I guess that's exactly what the product says it does, when it claims it helps hinder your body's ability to absorb carbs. And you know, compared to a lot of other diet stuff, why not give green coffee a try? I get my 30-day supplies from Walmart for $19.99... heck, it was on rollback last I checked, $16.99. Considering how much multivitamins cost a month, that's a bargain if there ever was one. I don't consider green coffee a dietary aid. I consider it a nutritional supplement. Some people take omega 3 and vitamin C tablets for $50 a bottle, I take this.

And you know, in general, let me just say something. No, there is no magic pill. No, you cannot lose any meaningful weight without changing your diet permanently. But don't listen to all these people who so militantly claim "IT'S ALL FAKE, IT'S A SCAM, THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR GOOD NUTRITION AND EXERCISE. PUT THE PEPSI DOWN, GET MILK, GRAB THE MEDICINE BALL JUST LIKE MY GRANDPA ABE, AND SWEAT IT OUT." No. It makes absolutely perfect sense that you can eat something, and that something can help or hinder your metabolism in some way, and give you that little extra nudge. Maybe it helps you lose that extra half a pound to make you feel just a little bit better on the scale, or maybe it bails you out of a bad caloric day just a little bit. Why not go for that? Because "IT'S ALL SNAKE OIL JUST GET THE MEDICINE BALL"? Don't be like that. Yes, much of this stuff is extremely ineffective for the cost. But take it from me: green coffee is inexpensive, and it is effective in managing your weight.
  • QueenB1407
    Options
    Hi, iv been using it for 2 1/2 Weeks & taking them on top of counting calories iv lost 14 lbs! it won't hurt you to try them! I got mine at wal greens! Im 21 & just had my 4th in September & my ending weight when I had him was 189! :) feel free to ask questions!