What is the thing that made you say enough?

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I was hurting my horse when I rode.
  • ladybug114
    ladybug114 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Having a stranger ask me how far along I was, right after my gym workout :( And then in the same month, helping a customer pick out a tshirt size for a gift for their very large friend, and him saying his friend was about my size. It was too much. I started running 3-4 days a week, barely any distance, but it was enough to kick my *kitten* into losing 20 lbs.
  • inurvision
    inurvision Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A few things:
    1) realizing that added weight caused my chronic joint pain to increase, and who wants to be in more pain
    2) seeing myself in pictures and people saying I looked okay, and feeling like they were being nice (more like them being dishonest, and didn't want to hurt my feelings)
    3) remembering when my thighs and knees did not rub together or overlap
    4) realizing that just because I was in a bad relationship and being treated badly, did not mean that I have to treat myself badly. i realized that i am responsible to take care of "me"
    5) knowing that i've shed weight before and that i can do it again (before i shed 15 pounds without even exercising, just a change in eating habits)
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My daughter. I hate having to miss out on some things with her because of my weight and fears of looking like a fatass. For instance, my husband and I took our daughter to a circus and my daughter wanted to ride the elephant. I really wanted to too, but I let me fat fears get the best of me. What didn't help, was that my husband kept telling me I should go on with her. Another time is play time in our front yard and not being able to run and keep up with her. I want to be able to play with her, go on rides with her, and be a good role model for her.
  • Morenosn
    Morenosn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mine is just a whole bunch of things rolled into one. When I started to notice that everyone around me was "dieting" and going to the gym and I was the only one that wasn't. My husband asked if he could wear one of my T-shirts and he came out with it on and it was really baggy on him and it was one that is tight on me. When my children make comments about my big belly and their little friends ask me if I have another baby in my tummy. When my husband weighed himself and said "Damn Im a fat *kitten* i weigh 220!" I weigh more than that! I will not make eye contact with any mirror at all! When I use the restroom and have to walk by the big body mirrors, I make a habit to look down. I have destroyed who I was and having 2 kids and working years in a call center i have allow myself to get really big. I am done doing this to myself and I am making the necessary changes to change my image. I want to be a completely made over new person a year from now! My father died of heart disease when I was 6 years old and he was actually very physically fit and active, so that makes my chances go THRU THE ROOF. I will live to see my grandkids, a luxury my own father never had! :wink:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I have a few fb pictures that i photoshopped myself skinny. you know you've hit rock bottom when you start "air brushing" your OWN photos.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Just about to graduate college and still never having a girlfriend. That was 13 years ago. Lost weight, kept it off, much happier now.
  • Jovan0609
    Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    When I went to buy a new pair of jeans and the 16s I tried on were too tight. I REFUSED to try on an 18, so I walked out of the store and went and bought a yoga DVD that day. That was over two years ago. I started my fitness journey that day, haven't looked back since, and I'm SO much happier. I go into that same store now and happily pick through their 8s and 10s. :-D

Stay encouraged everyone! :smile:
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    When it dawned on me that I could no longer sit up in bed, and had to roll out. Also, getting stuck in a squishy couch and being laughed at mercilessly. I knew something had to change.
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Saw an backside pic of myself (can usually ignore most pics, but this one made me look ginormous). So glad I started changing my habits little by little and really glad I got the personal trainer. Next step is a gym membership. 100 lb goal... here I come.
  • panamasammii
    panamasammii Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When the lady in the Bank said.. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

I said for what?

She said "On your pregnancy! How many months are you?"

Errm no. I'm not Pregnant. I'm just FAT!.

Then a few weeks later I saw this picture of myself ...

Shamu-1.jpg

and that was the final straw! I cried my heart out and vowed I would do something about it... and I have!

2012-09-23141942_zps5c38e084.jpg

43lbs to go!
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My friend sent me a picture of us from her wedding day, her wedding was 3 weeks after i had given birth to my second child. I just looked at the picture in disbelief because I didn't look anything like what i thought i looked like. I looked HUGE....EVERYWHERE!
  • ariesmom07
    ariesmom07 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    When the lady in the Bank said.. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

I said for what?

She said "On your pregnancy! How many months are you?"

Errm no. I'm not Pregnant. I'm just FAT!.

Then a few weeks later I saw this picture of myself ...

Shamu-1.jpg

and that was the final straw! I cried my heart out and vowed I would do something about it... and I have!

2012-09-23141942_zps5c38e084.jpg

43lbs to go!
    You go girl you look great!
  • rockabillywife
    Options
    I said enough when my new-ish pants, that we bought 2 months ago barely did up because I have put on a few more Kilos since we bought them for me.
    I decided to go join the gym around the corner from my house, and they weighed me at my first consultation... I knew I was fat, but I had no idea HOW fat I have gotten until I got on those scales. I almost cried. 97.2 kg. 3 years ago, I weighed 56 kg. I have let myself gain 41.2 kg in 3 years. That equals 90.3 pounds for those of you who work out weight in lbs. I used to weigh 123 lbs. Now I weigh 214.3 lbs. I got out of that consultation, and immediately worked out how much I need to eat to lose 2 lbs or a kilo a week.

This morning, I got my husband to take fat photos for me in my underwear. I look HORRID. I have duck bum, and no shape. I look awful. Absolutely freaking awful. That is my second ENOUGH moment.
  • Dayna63
    Options
    After I had my 2nd child, I just realized I need to be healthy for them and myself. Lost 40 lbs and have gained some back. Trying to get back on track, keep thinking back to why I decided to get healthy in the first place. Look at old pictures and know I never want to be that way again.
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    That is one cute baby girl!!!

Do it for her :smile:
  • soccermom6
    soccermom6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    looking at pics and decided that it was time for "me" to be in those pics with my kids and hubby and not this large person... and knowing that i am done having kids and have no more excuses to say "well I will just gain it back when I have my next baby".. NO next baby now.. so time for me became the next phase...
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I was at school one day, and I had just eaten lunch, then I went and bought another full meal, and then I went and bought a "snack" (a 300-ish calorie brownie). I ended up eating probably about 1500 calories within about 2 hours. It made me realize that I had to make a decision, and either continue to have no control over what I eat, or start losing the weight. I realized that I was going to have to either lose weight, or I'd end up continuing to gain weight.
  • Ibelievenme2
    Ibelievenme2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When I was diagnosed with scoliosis and disc degenerated disease. When I realized I am too heavy for my child to pick me up when my legs give out( he do it but I don't want to hurt his back) and other health issues. Above all watching my child eat when he is worried about me. At this time he is not over weight, but I must show him how to eat right and eat to live and not live to eat. Talk out your feelings don;t feed your feelings like mommy.
  • acf860
    acf860 Posts: 5
    Options
    1. My fat clothes are too tight. 2. I had to go to the plus sizes. 3. I had to have a heart cath. I saw a picture of myself!!! UGHHHHHH