Addicted to Asparagus

Options
AmberJo1984
AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
I could eat asparagus breakfast, lunch and dinner... and probably for every snack... if I could only afford to buy it every day. I am completely addicted.

With that said... does anyone have any delicious and unusual asparagus recipes that you would share with an addict?

Replies

• gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I could eat asparagus breakfast, lunch and dinner... and probably for every snack... if I could only afford to buy it every day. I am completely addicted.

With that said... does anyone have any delicious and unusual asparagus recipes that you would share with an addict?

:) I have it around once a week. I don't do anything unusual to it though- I spray it with olive oil, then chopped garlic, salt, and pepper and put it under the broiler for 10 minutes or so until it's crispy.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Its soooo tasty :)

but so stinky :(
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Most of my recipes are high cal ... I love the asparagus-ham-cheese-with-hollandaise sauce in a french crepes..... Ok now I am drooling!

More healthy, I put them on a cookie plate, put a lil olive oil, parmesan, salt/pepper and oven roast them.... YUMMY! Sometimes to add a twist I add a ClubHouse spice mix ( http://www.clubhouse.ca/en/products/list.aspx?One_Step_Spice_Blends&id=0044507b-567d-458f-8713-dca80715fbd6 )

Or
    Simply add them to a omelette! Sometimes the simpler the yummier!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Its soooo tasty :)

but so stinky :(

Ew. This!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!!! WE ALL LOVE IT, the whole family, so so yummy!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I spray it with olive oil, then chopped garlic, salt, and pepper and put it under the broiler for 10 minutes or so until it's crispy.

Same except we use a fry pan or grill it. Love it but agree it is strong smelling.
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com

Grilled aspsragas with basaltic brown butter (I know this name is wrong, but somewhat close!) I love how they taste, making some tonight!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I spray it with olive oil, then chopped garlic, salt, and pepper and put it under the broiler for 10 minutes or so until it's crispy.

Same except we use a fry pan or grill it. Love it but agree it is strong smelling.

Also the same, except I like to add slivered almonds! :love:
  • nis75p06
    nis75p06 Posts: 114
    Options
    Eat asparagus as often as I can afford them. I always cook them one of 2 ways:

1) tossed with a bit of EVOO, spread on a baking sheet, sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black peppper, maybe a bit of minced carlic too, and roast in a sorta hot oven until crisp-tender.

2)heat a bit of EVOO and a pat of butter over medium heat in a saute pan, saute asparagus until crisp-tender and right before done add sea salt, cracked black pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes.

But don't even think of touching that crap in the can. That is NOT asparagus - that is nasty stinky green mush.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I eat it a lot, its good for you.

No interesting recipes as a I just steam it.

It does make my pee smell funny :sick:
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sautee it in a skillet with garlic seasoning almond slivers etc etc...i roll it in chicken rollatini with mozz and parmesean...i sautee it in a pan with some olive oil baby bella mushrooms garlic powder and sea salt and pepper...soo many things to doooo i really want a good soup recipe!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Had asparagus last night. Never do anything too fancy. Put it in a plastic bas. Drizzle a little olive oil and sesame oil on it. Sprinkle in some of my BBQ rub. Toss. Bake on rack for about 10 minutes. 400 degrees. Still al dente. Delicious. Served it with with a couple salmon steaks.
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    But don't even think of touching that crap in the can. That is NOT asparagus - that is nasty stinky green mush.

AMEN!!! Last time I visited my father, my step-mother asked me what I would like to eat. I told her I loved asparagus. Before I knew what she was doing, she had gotten the canned. I forced it down, because I had told her I wanted it -- but, I had meant fresh. The canned asparagus is the WORST tasting crap I have ever tasted in my life. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I havnt tried but have heard its lovely when cooked in lemon juice! I love asparagus soup yummy
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Had asparagus last night. Never do anything too fancy. Put it in a plastic bas. Drizzle a little olive oil and sesame oil on it. Sprinkle in some of my BBQ rub. Toss. Bake on rack for about 10 minutes. 400 degrees. Still al dente. Delicious. Served it with with a couple salmon steaks.

You're making my mouth water.

Truly, I love my vegetables!!
  • AmberJo1984
    Options

This sounds delicious. But, I would probably choose to have it with Tilapia.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I couldn't think of a better addiction! I :heart: :heart: :heart: asparagus.

Oh, and I always either steam it for just a few minutes then add a little butter or use it in my stir-fry.
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i love it basic --- olive oil and sea salt on the grill!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Chase it with pineapple.:wink:
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Chase it with pineapple.:wink:

Thanks Cliff. :smooched: