Options
    http://www.keto.org/summary.htm

...this is a good article.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

If you think that is a good article, I'd suggest doing a tad more research on keto diets, esp regarding fat loss
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Too much food will make you fat, no matter what you are eating. There is not such thing as a particular nutrient causing obesity all by itself.
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Make your sandwiches out of something like this,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGnzi1boOGcYe6S35hNS14SKcMsO2pepQBZerJDE7x9-6rDZjY4mcJNOx6NA

About half the calories and carbs of normal bread. No special trick to them, just the least bread you can use to hold the meat and stuff.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I like this bread: 40 cals, 6 g carbs, 1 effective carb

paleo-coconut2-155x155.jpg
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    There's a fair bit of runny chocolate in this thread, that's for sure :)
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Really? I know that there is a lot of different opinions but why call it "runny chocolate?"
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options

...since my critic is at it again, I will add that the article is one of many sources, but one which simplifies the objective of a keto diet so that it is easy for the layman to understand. I did not say it is the bible. Just a simple explanation in plain English.

Chris, I am sorry your thread got hijacked like this - I'm signing off. :)
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later.
  • 48Tara
    48Tara Posts: 10
    Options
    Have you read Chris Powell, Chose to Lose? He does a high carb with low carb the next day. He has a recipe in there for Asian wraps, it is ground turkey sauted with onion, garlic, chopped water chestnuts drizzled with low sodium soy sauce, wrap it in a roman lettuce leaf. I add chopped carrots, very good for a low carb day.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options

Really? I know that there is a lot of different opinions but why call it "runny chocolate?"

It made me snicker?

:laugh:
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • rebelq
    rebelq Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I checked it out and she is behind on the reserch. If you don't "Break your fast", your metabolism slows down. Many studies show more overweight people skip breakfast. Too low carbs is not good for your body, (not talking about processed foods), you need them. When extreme no carb diets are followed, your body burns muscle- what you need to keep a higher metabolism.

This is what I have always believed as well. I have been putting cream in my coffee so that I get some calories and fat to start the day, but no carbohydrates. I am definitely not losing muscle, I am a fitness instructor and my classes have been stronger and more energized than ever. But the plan I am following is called "Carb Nite Solution," and it does shock your system with one carb meal a week. I have not gotten to that one meal yet....to tell you the truth is is a little scary to break from what has been working so well. But it is in place for a reason, so I will follow what I am supposed to do.

Good points!!!
    Though studies show that more overweight people skip breakfast, there is no proof that the actual meal of breakfast has anything to do with it. It could just as likely have more to do with lifestyle habits, and how and what those people are eating. They have shown correlation, but not cause. And this particular plan is designed for athletes (specifically weight lifters) so that dip in metabolism would be a non-issue. Exercise in the morning would be more effective at stimulating metabolism than a meal, and then you are burning what is stored on your body rather than what you just put into your stomach, AND by actively building muscle through exercise, the body will go after the fat, not the muscle, that is stored.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump