Mikes Daily Rant 10/19/2012 "Forget" the Fruit

Options

Replies

• samlankford
    Options
    wow see I would have taken the fruit.. I mean seriously if I am going to screw up my healthy eating with a donut it better be my FAVORITE creme filled... proud to say that I have not had any donut in about 2 years... my bosses wife sent him one of those ediable arrangements... he knows how much I LOVE those so he left it on my desk (one of my jerk co-workers stole my salad out of the fridge) so I had fruit for lunch :bigsmile:
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    "re-lies".... LOVE IT...!!!

You are naughty....!!!

LOL.... :bigsmile:
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    That made my whole day! Thanks for ranting. :laugh:
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    awesome read!!! i go through the same crap at work and at home, with family and friends. noticed lately, since im down to the last few pounds i want to lose that people can be such jealous jerks!
    "oh, is eating that tomato gonna make u gain weight"
    "have a donut, it wont kill you"
    "youre getting so thin, are you anorexic, bulimic, do you ever eat?"

i love to reply with, "youre overweight and i dont constantly rag on you about the 3 donuts, 1/2 pizza, and 12 pk of soda you ingested to day, so lay off"

its amusing how rude and disrespectful people are!

i So wanna try this trick you pulled...sad part is, i dont think i'd get a thank you...and i know it would be a waste of time buying the fruit for work!
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    love this post - thanks for making me smile!
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Another great and successful rant :-)
  • hello_miffy
    hello_miffy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    They brought in junk food all the time so you showed them by buying them fresh krispy kreme doughnuts? I'm not sure who the real winner is here to be honest
  • stephanielindsey
    Options
    <Sighs> I think I may be in love.:love:
  • CassKatz
    CassKatz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Haha that's great
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    *BWAHAHAHAHAHA* That's people for you.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am a fan! Can't wait to hear about your reunion!!!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    They probably quickly figured out that you were lying about the donuts being old and word got out. I probably would have eaten the donuts too. I wouldn't buy a donut on my own, but when there is free junk food at work, it's more tempting for some reason. Actually, replace that donut with a cupcake and I definitely couldn't resist.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    First of all, your co-workers are some A-hol...I mean, jerks, for betting on you. There's always a few haters in the bunch,no matter what. Smh. Congrats on proving them wrong! Secondly, this story had me rolling..its a shame that folks will pass up fresh fruit for a box of "stale" donuts. Looking forward to the next rant lol
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Why am I not friends with you yet? You're seriously funny!

At my work, absolutely everything would be gone. If you leave food out here, people assume that someone left it there because they don't want it and they take it. Seriously. Even if they don't want it/like it. I have to keep my food in the mini-fridge in the conference room so no one eats it because it wouldn't last more than an hour in the break room refrigerator.
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    That's hilaroious! I work with 35 women at any given time everyone of them is trying to get healthy. Regardless every time any one brings "junk" food to share they are like vultures! If someone puts out a page that there is food in the staff break room its gone imediately unless you litterally run to get some. If one person runs to mcds for lunch she must ask around if anyone else wants some or be shuned the rest of the day by jealous hungry women, But bring in some fruit, they will eat it, grumble about how some bagels would have been better and there is still some there at the end of the day. lol
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great story! I love feeding the people at work too.
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!

There's little more annoying that people who either try to convince you that they're also on a diet/doing well etc when they're clearly bull****ting- those who assume you're the same as they are... and worst of all colleagues that try to derail you! My old job was worse "You're skinny, have a cake!" (The reason i'm skinny is that I don't eat much cake)....
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The most beautifully executed evil plan! Also, didn't the movie The Five-Year Engagement have a psychological experiment with stale donuts and that eating them is correlated to feeling ****ty about yourself and not going anywhere in life? lol CLASSIC
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh this morning. In a way it's sad that people can be so pathetic!

My best revenge is going to be the day I reach my goal weight when some said I wouldnt last a week. They've already lost money cause I celebrated my one year anniversary yesterday!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!!!! I'm glad i got to read it!