What do you put on your veggies??

Options
2»

Replies

• m2the2ndPOWER
    m2the2ndPOWER Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    2 words....TRUFFLE SALT! Best investment. Ever. Its great on everything and anything savory.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I use seasoning (Goya Salad and vegetable season, garlic and pepper) on my veggies, since I stopped using butter.
  • amycb03
    amycb03 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes has some pretty awesome seasoning varieties- my favorites: 21 Season Salute, Lemon Pepper and Everyday Seasoning.
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Soy sauce, shichmi seasoning, seasame seeds. Sometimes I steam with things other than water. Like apple cider or broth. Asian grocery stores have rice seasonings that are good on veggies.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    balsamic vinaigrette :D
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You can dip them in plain Greek yogurt (tastes surprisingly like sour cream), or you can put different herbs, spices and seasoning in the yogurt and dip your veggies there. Hummus is great with veggies.You can also buy or make your own Thai peanut sauce and drizzle it on. It tastes ah-mazing on steamed spinach with a few sesame seeds sprinkled on. Here's a recipe from Allrecipes.com. It makes 16 servings.

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
    1/2 cup coconut milk
    3 tablespoons water
    3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon fish sauce
    1 tablespoon hot sauce
    1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions

In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, coconut milk, water, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, hot sauce, ginger, and garlic. Mix in the cilantro just before serving.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Kraft caesar italian lite dressing. 20 cal for 2 tbsp. i usually break it down into teaspoons and its liek 7 cal or ao. bit it makea everything tastes amazing!
  • negiranik
    Options
    i want to be gain weight ,please tell me any one which veg food help me
  • Moonlitedi
    Moonlitedi Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I can't believe its not butter work great on veggies to give you the buttery flavor but not the calories. Makes veggies yummy! I also like tapatio. Spicy salty kick without calories. MMMMmmm
  • Moonlitedi
    Moonlitedi Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i want to be gain weight ,please tell me any one which veg food help me

Try hummus and naan. Very yummy and lots of calories.
    Try this site it has what you are asking http://greenliving.nationalgeographic.com/list-foods-high-calories-vegans-20117.html
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    For baked veggies olive oil and fresh rosemary. I try to limit my salt intake. Sometimes baked garlic
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    lemon and salt
  • Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I cook most of mine in chicken stock
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice, roasted garlic, and cajun seasoning.

Or, honestly.....cheese.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Chicken stock makes a big difference. Love balsamic, garlic salt, and pepper. I can't wait to try some of the other ideas on here. Chile sauce?! Why haven't I ever tried that before? Great post. :)
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Depends what veggies I'm eating.

Little bit of sugar and butter on carrots and peas.
    Nutmeg on green beans, cauliflower and endive.
    Olive oil and garlic on roasted veggies.

Can't think of any others right now, but it's important to adjust the seasoning to the veggies, so that you bring out the right flavours.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    The dried cheese sprinkles you can get in the spice section, or 1/2 tablespoon Saigon spicy stir-fry sauce. or balsamic vinegar glaze, or salt and lemon pepper.