Replies

• kmaracing
    kmaracing Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1968 Camaro in 1987.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    1985 Honda Civic - the car was 2 years younger than me! :laugh: Stick shift, 4 door, gray and ugly. But it was total freedom!
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger
  • gredavis
    Options
    68 chevelle with a 396
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    when i had the '86 Pulsar I put PULSAR NX in white vinyl across the top of the windshield, NISSAN in vinyl along the top of teh back window. White pinstriping across the defogger lines on the back window and a white pinstripe heartbeat design along the driver and passenger door.

The next day I got pulled over and the cop said "what were you thinking" and i had to rip it all off for obstruction of view..lol
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    2005 Honda Civic. Lol. I still have it.
    I was older when I finally entered the world of car ownership.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    1996 red Ford Taurus. Didn't have it very long, though.

First one I spent any real time driving was my 1996 Volvo 850 GLT sedan with a sunroof :) Loved that car, and miss it dearly!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    1974 Ford Pinto.

I loved that little car - white with a brown roof and brown pinstripes, and a manual transmission.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Green Sahara Jeep
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    1967 Ford Fairlane.... this is it after I got it painted and put the wheels on it....

IMG_0006.jpg
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The first car I drove as if it was mine was a white 1999 Volkswagon Passat, station wagon. It had 6 cylinders and was stick shift. It was mine for taking to college my first year, and I hit a hundred in the desert with it. I remember it fondly. Sadly, it was my father's.

My first car that I bought (with help from my sister, so we technically co-owned) is still on my insurance. That's because it's not done yet. We bought it a bit over three years ago. It's a black 2001 Pontiac Sunfire. It looks hot, but it's not. Tiny little four cylinder engine. Automatic. A sun roof which I left open when it started pouring and hailing once. It's still alive! I just bought another car, and its next life is going to be with my sister, as her car is really on its last legs...

My car and ONLY my car is the car I just bought, used, from my grandmother. It's a 2003 Subaru Outback, station wagon. Automatic. All wheel drive! It's white with a red racing stripe down the side. And that is the list of cars in my life that I can put some sort of claim on as "mine".

Apparently I skip even years... Foolish 2000, 2002...
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    1970 Chevelle with custom rip & tear upholstery, cost me $850 in 1977. Still miss that one!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    A green Pinto!
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    First car I ever bought was a 1970 Buick Skylark 4dr. That was in 1979.
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A 1966 Ford Mustang (blue). I had it so long that i drove it with a big hole in the passenger floorboard! Good thing my baby was strapped in a car seat! I think I should get "mother of the year" for that one!
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    My first car was a 1972 Mini 1000 - I got it when I was 17 (in the UK)
    First bike was a Honda 50 'scrambler' (got it when I was 8)
  • RHHMom
    RHHMom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1984 Chevy Sprint

Bought it for $400, burned through more oil than gas leaving a blue cloud of smoke in my wake, but I got to spend many weekends with my dad working to keep the heap running.
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    A late '80s or early '90s Ford Crown Victoria. It was white and everyone thought it was a cop car. It could not be unlocked from the driver's side. You had to go around to the passenger's side and push the unlock button. The gearshift was on the steering wheel, but the indicator had broken off. You had to make sure you counted right or you might be in the wrong gear. It was a tank and I was kind of embarrassed by it, but you sure could fit a lot of people in it. There was also a lot of room in the back seat. :wink:
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    A 1974 Chevy Vega. :blushing:
  • velmaisvelma
    velmaisvelma Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    no pic, but a 1979 Chevy Monza that did 110 mph in a quarter of a mile... I loved my first car.