Question for the ladies

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Once he got past his initial skepticism, my husband has been nothing but supportive. He doesn't care what I look like because we are in love.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Im going to try and put this delicately, do you ever feel pressure from men to not exercise to save that sweet sweet hiney? I know men don't get that.

I have lost enough weight now that my husband is able to wrap his arms entirely around me now. My rear end, while much smaller than it was, is more toned and actually curvier now than it was when I started. No, he has never discouraged my efforts in this journey I'm taking to rediscover my long-buried formerly slimmer self. I've overheard him bragging to others about my weight loss, so I think he's proud of me. :-) I'm very grateful that he hasn't said a word about my rapidly shrinking boobs. I believe they've gone down a cup size, but I also think that when I reach my goal they will kind of adjust a bit in the months to follow after that point.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    *kitten* FTW!!!
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My bf doesn't care as long as I'm happy...I know he'd be sad if it got smaller (as would I) so squats donkey kicks and lunges are my friend!!!! :)
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    No. The only pressure I feel is from my own self. I just wanna be healthy and toned. Besides I have a small waist and big hips, so no matter what size I have been, it has always been that way. And that is fine with me. Society can think whatever they want .
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I truly believe we are women, and if we are meant to have curves, we will have curves, smaller but existent.

I know I used to be 40pds bigger and obviously my butt was way bigger, but as you exercise fat is shredded from
    every part of the body, starting from the butt if we run a lot. That's why I believe in cardio as in using STAIR machine,
    or running up the steps because not only girls are burning fat but building muscle on those body parts we don't want to lose.

At first, yes, we as girls don't want to exercise because of this but as we learn it is no big deal after =)
    Exercise (stairs, squats, lunges, etc) will make the butt more round and tight so am sure that's better than
    a wiggly butt.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    My weight resides in my *kitten*, hips, boobs and legs. Even when I weigh less I still have a black girls *kitten* :)

I know right. Cause obviously all black girls have an obese *kitten* :huh:
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Not once in my life have I ever felt pressure from a man to not exercise nor any concern over losing my curves
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    To answer the question though, yes I did have guys concerned about it. Women too. I think it's a cultural thing most likely. A lot of black men don't like their women too skinny. They seem prefer more muscular or more curvy. Not the same as just plain obese and unhealthy, just more on the thicker side with a good waist/hip ratio.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    My husband said that he will tell me when to stop losing weight and lifting lol He hates thin women, loves the curves. I assured him the curves would not be going anywhere, if anything they would be getting tighter and firmer. For now he has been appeased :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    After 18 years, I know how hubby thinks. The belly can go, the booty can shrink ( as long as it doesn't disappear), and the boobs can shrink---as long as there is enough left for him to smother himself in :laugh:

I don't think I have had muscles most of the time I have known him...I think he likes what he sees.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    There wasn't junk in my trunk before exercising. The problem is foreign to my non-*kitten*.

HAHA exact same here! I'd rather b thin & fit, than be chubby w/ a butt in all honesty. That is if I had a butt when I was chubby.

I'd like a little bit more butt. I bet sitting on one would be really comfortable!
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking WAY back to Malcolm in the Middle and Bryan Cranston's character slipping butter on everything, adding cream to the milk, etc. etc. World takes all types, and I think some men like a little bit of something to grab onto. :-)

That said, I love being fit, but I also love my curves, so as long as I'm toned, I'm always happy to carry an extra 10. I feel sexier that way...
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    There wasn't junk in my trunk before exercising. The problem is foreign to my non-*kitten*.

BAHAHAHA LOL LMFAO....I couldn't even finish reading the rest of the post because your comment had me laughing so damn hard!
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    My *kitten* is concave.

I suffer from a little something called 'Noassatall" -- a grave, life-altering affliction rendered to me by genetics.

I'm hoping I can get a bump going eventually.
  • wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    yes!! lol. but i prefer my new body and that's what matters.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My husband never said anything when I was at my heavist. I did notice a pick up in the desire department after I shed my first 20 and up to 35 pounds. Now that I am at a 50 pound loss that has died down. IDK Perhaps he thinks I am getting too thin (I am in a size 8 right now), although I was wearing a 4/6 when we met (recovering from annorexia at the time). I do know he like to watch me work out!
    As for body type, I have always been evenly porportioned-everything sort of grows or shrinks together. It is nice, and not so nice at the same time. Would really like the boobs to have stayed at a DD, but I will be ok if they do not go below a C (Ds right now and 20 pounds to go).
  • kinkykiddo
    Options
    As someone previously stated, all men are not the same. Some men prefer curvy women, some prefer large women, some prefer very fit women, someone prefer tiny/petite/very thin women and some prefer something I've not mentioned above. Personally, I've never felt pressured by my spouse (who is not a male, but a female) to keep my 'sweet *kitten*' nice and soft. She happens to like me best when I'm confident, and working out makes me confident. That said, she's got a great booty and they're practically buns of steel. Do I care? Nope. Soft or steel, her *kitten* is mine and therefore; I enjoy it.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

HAHA exact same here! I'd rather b thin & fit, than be chubby w/ a butt in all honesty. That is if I had a butt when I was chubby.

I'd like a little bit more butt. I bet sitting on one would be really comfortable!

I bet it would too! When I sit on un padded surfaces, i feel like my pelvis is touching it. A butt is probably very nice when it comes to sitting lol
  • ThatMrs99
    Options
    I wouldn't call it 'pressure' but at first my husband would say things like 'don't lose your *kitten*' or 'don't get too skinny'. It got to me a little, but I'm doing this for me and my health. He hasn't said it lately and is actually quite happy with the results. I guess he had to see how good it would actually look to tone it up a bit.
    Besides, when I was skinny I still had a fat *kitten* (in a good way) so I know I won't 'lose' it, it'll just be shaped better and perkier ;)