DOES ANYONE ELSE FALL OFF THE WAGON ON THE WEEKENDS?

Options

Replies

• Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for alcohol...I would do GREAT on weekends!....Typically I eat much less on weekends than I do weekdays due to the fact I'm awake far less hours and doing less boring tasks than sitting at work thinking about food :) The problem comes from alcohol, I do 1000+ calories in alcohol on the weekends....soooooo yeah...there goes my weekends. Instead of exercising to get more food calories in like I do on the weekdays...I'm finding I have to exercise to get more liquid calories in. :)

Oh well...I'm losing well....until that is no longer the case....I'm keeping to this way of life. :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I give myself one day to fall off the wagon foodwise, and I almost never go to the gym on weekends. I worked hard all week, and want to sleep in and bum around. It hasn't really hindered me any.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I read something once that I try to tell myself when a fall off the wagon feels close at hand... "I am determined to go to bed as determined as I woke up- I will NOT go to bed mad at myself"

I then remind myself all day this is how I WANT TO FEEL about myself. Saturday and Sunday I went over - but I did it eating whole wheat pretzels and an apple =/ A giant juicy honey crisp apple with probably around 150 calories. Even tho I was around 40 cals one day and over 100 another day over my limit I CAN NOT beat myself up for choosing good snacks and trying pretty hard to not snack. When I gave in I ate a proper amount- not the whole bag of pretzels and there is NO guilt in fruit- dont care how much 'sugar' or cals it has.

Try these tips maybe. Make a deal with yourself to not get mad at yourself then follow thru. Have healthy snacks around and continue to avoid social situations that make you fail. Sometimes thats just not possible- then take a bad meal, and roll with it- dont then also have dessert and 10 frozen drinks cuz 'you blew it anyway' - STAY DETERMINED!
  • nannadawninsc
    nannadawninsc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just know you are not alone...never give up. I put on weight every weekend then spend the next week getting back to where I was. Dangerous activity, I know. I try not to go to the grocery store alone. I'm a vegan and during the week I don't eat any processed food at all but if i go to the store on the weekends, that's all it takes. I try to hit the grocery store in the mornings when I am pressed for time to get to work - that way I only have time to get what I really NEED, not shop and look at everything I'm not supposed to have. If you get a craving, try to make your own recipe that tastes the same but with healthy ingredients. For instance, I made 'pizza soup' using fresh tomatoes, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, and vegan cheese. Added red pepper flakes and fresh oregano, parsley and dried jalepenos. It really turned out great - no cheese, no bread!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I do! I eat pretty well during the week and workout just fine, but the weekend comes and I eat junk. I don't want to put blame on my husband because I'm the one who puts it in my mouth, but he is a big part of influence on me. He doesn't eat healthy at all so it makes it that much harder for me.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Fall off?

I jump off , with arms open, and dig myself in under the b**tard wagon
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm about 50-50. I tend to keep my cardio in check but my eating & drinking set me up for gains.

I avoid the scale til tuesday or wednesday. by then I'm where I was on friday.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    It is important to find ways to succeed. I finally got to my goal weight (135) but kept floating above it 2 - 3 pounds, never really settling on 135 very much. I got sick of it and once I decided to do the work I needed to do to get there and stay there I lost a few more pounds. It all depends on how much commitment you have to reach your goal. If it is important enough to you then you'll do it. If it doesn't mean that much then you will let it slide. I read a post that said: "Excuses are enablers of failure." I never forgot those words. They helped me to crash through my goal. Decide what is important for you.
  • opsniht
    opsniht Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact opposite. I sit around all day during the week, so when I sit, I eat. On the weekends I always keep busy, cleaning, doing things. Weekends are always good weight loss wise.
  • jenfett1
    jenfett1 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I use to but I changed my weigh in day to Monday so it keeps me accountable on the weekend because if I fall off it hurts my weigh in. It has been working to keep me strong on the weekend for sure.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I "fall off the wagon" on random days. "Hey, it's Tuesday, I think I'll eat a whole box of cereal!" Lol! The important thing is to pick yourself up, and get back on that darn wagon! I know it's hard, but don't beat yourself up, just try again tomorrow :). If you don't lose, maybe you at least maintain. I like to think about all the weight I would have gained if I stopped trying, instead of all the weight I'm not losing because I had a bad day. :)

This is a great perspective, and one I desperately needed today. I have fallen hard the past two weekends and held steady but was really down on myself for it.
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have found lately that I have been falling off the wagon on weekends (food wise), more so than I had been previously. I need to reign that in a bit. So far I've been lucky that I've still been losing even when I've fallen off the wagon (still staying within my weekly calorie goal) but as I get closer to my goal I probably won't be so lucky. I still aim for exercise 4 days a week and that's been fine, I just need to make sure I keep most weekends in check calorie wise.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    My diary is a mess lately, I have been sick for a while and am struggling with having the energy to cook so my meals haven't been all that spectacular. That said, I tend to be more lenient about what I eat on the weekends but I really still try to stick to my calorie goals. I am eating at maintenance right now so this is a little easier to do than when I was losing, but ultimately you have to realize that the only way you will be able to maintain your weight in the future is if you fully change your habits.
  • Triavalon
    Triavalon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It seems to be an opposite pattern for me. Between my allergies with some of my schools food, my horrible schedule making me forget food, and the habit I have of gorging after I come because of stress, weekdays are horrible for me. By contrast, weekends can get as low as just one serving of chicken without even trying. I'm not stressed, I get to sleep in and avoid a meal or two, I have control over all my food options, and best of all, I have to cook it myself and am too lazy! :P
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I try to do good through the week and on the weekends I always have one thing I want on Saturday and one thing I want on Sunday. So if I do go over my calories it's usually only around 100 more or so, and I usually sleep in on the weekends so I don't have breakfast just coffee, by the time I wake up and get motivated to move around it is well after noon. Most of the time the weekend is the best time for me to go to the gym, through the week I work 12 hour shifts and don't get to go to the gym after work, but my two days a week I work 8 hours I try to go to the gym one of those days. You have to pace yourself on the weekend, try to only have that one thing you would love to eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner and satisfy that craving.
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yep I do. NO advice, as I've not conquered this yet. Good luck.
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was struggling with the same thing myself this weekend, and the weekend before that....you get the idea. I was going through some old notes and came across the following:

great, great, tips.

I know on the weekends, i could probably exercise more, because I don't during the week.
  • Bacardibarker
    Bacardibarker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Me me me! I drank nearly 4 bottles of wine over the weekend and no I didn't share... Friends has their own drinks to drink.
    Oh dear.... While I'm confessing, I might as well admit that I wasn't watching what I ate either.
    Feeling very sorry for myself today.:embarassed:
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I do my weekly weighin on monday which helps motivate me over the weekend to eat well. Also, try scheduling some active stuff on the weekend to get you out of the unhealthy routines.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    Well i munched over 4100 Calories on Friday and 3000 on Saturday so i think so! lol

17427511.png