DOES ANYONE ELSE FALL OFF THE WAGON ON THE WEEKENDS?

Options

Replies

• kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    all the time lol. it doesnt bother me tho.
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    MMMM HMMMMM BIG TIME!! This is why I never whine about not reaching my goal. I fully admit that I am a slacker lately. I am close to my goal weight so I just have gotten lazy and lost momentum. We are only human...
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Just to suggestion....I make it a point to do some sort of exercise Monday - Friday. I work a part-time job that I most Saturday's have to be at at 5:00 am and on Sunday's a like to attend 8:00 am services, so since I'm a morning person and do my exercise early in the mornings, to work out in later on in the day sometimes doesn't work for me so I look at my Saturday and Sunday as my "if I can get it in, great, if not, I don't beat myself up about it but I still stick to the minimum amount of calories that I should have. So it's not a bad thing to give your body a rest, but just try to stick to your allotted calorie intake! This week-end was great though....I was off on Saturday and walked and did aerobics and felt pretty good after Church and came in and did aerobics again on Sunday before Football!
  • babymamahowell
    Options
    I am the same way with the weekends. I really tried to watch it this weekend, still eating good and having some cheats and I actually maintained from Friday morning. Good way to start the week! This weekend I tried to drink more water, like I do during the week and grabbed some healthier snacks during the day. My problems typically are at night when the kids are in bed, I snack. So I have been trying to snack a little healthier such as jello or pudding, That has seemed to help some.
  • OnionGirl7
    Options
    I'm getting better but I fell of the wagon and didn't want to get back on this weekend :drinker: . I allowed myself to spend the weekend reading and chilling and the worst thing possible for me.... I did some thinking..Thinking about stuff that's happened and how if I'd had more self esteem I'd have dealt with it all differently :frown: . I was having a real bad time until I reminded myself that right now was one of those times when I can do things differently, I put the cheese down and stepped away:tongue: .... I didn't beat myself up for overindulging (Well not much anyway :laugh: ). My weight had stayed the same for ages but now.....
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Weekends are a challenge and I attack them the same way I do anything else tough in life. Bigger the challenge, the more attention I give them. I try and use the extra time flexibility to get monster burns into my week. Weekends have gone from the anchor to my week to the superstar days in my week. Events still happen and food choices are often less optimum plus alcohol comes to play but I often have negative nets on Saturday and/or Sunday.
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Not so much "fall" off the wagon, but I do step off it in a controlled way.

Basically I just don't log my food at weekends - because it's a pain when my son and husband are around and too much is happening in the house. I permit myself to eat denser carbs like potatoes or rice with my family, and may use oil in cooking and have a dessert with Sunday lunch for example. At weekends I just take a break from being anal about weighing and measuring. However I don't go out of my way to find snacks, treats, wine, etc - but if I am in a situation where they are around, or if i fancy it, or if we are eating out - I just don't spend time obsessing about calories.

I do not have a huge appetite these days so during the week my calorie intake is around 1200 - 1300. I stick to that and I never eat back exercise calories, so at weekends I have calories to play with. I guess I am inadvertently doing "calorie cycling". Low in the week, higher at weekends.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Yes, sometimes the weekends can be difficult for me. Other times they are ok. Depends on the week, my mood I guess. Sometimes I stay on track entirely, other times I hit the ground like a ton of bricks when I fall off the wagon.

So yes, it can be a struggle for me.
  • TahliaHarveysMummy
    Options
    I'm the same! I'm ok during the week and then come friday night BAM!!! I have all these good intentions, go for a walk, do this, eat that and then...... ooh it's Saturday night where's the cider and chocolate? It's sunday, ooh think we'll have a pj day!! I try to log as much as i can and try to see where i over indulged and try to put that in my head for the next week! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but i don't beat myself up about it because yes i want to be thinner and healthier but i also want to enjoy life! You'l find a happy medium some day! :smile:
  • Leahnh
    Leahnh Posts: 30
    Options
    I fall off every weekend.... If you find a way to stay on track please share it with me!!
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    A friend suggested I switch to maintenance at the weekend so I tried it, and still logged.
    And I found I wasn't that fussed about having uber amounts ... the comfort factor of knowing I had a little breathing space actually meant that I found I could relax a little but still stay disciplined enough to log.

Have a couple of weekends away coming up so think I will try this approach... but it will be interesting to see what Friday's weigh in is like after this weekend.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I workout M-F doing weights and HIIT.
    I feel that Sat and Sun should be days for me to rest.
    I also like to eat fun foods, and eat a little more than usual, so I will eat up to TDEE, if I want to.

You could simply make an adjustment, and eat up to TDEE on weekends, eating foods that are both nourishing and fun.
  • gdelp
    gdelp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "Yup. I figured that I could either make myself miserable with deprivation and probably balls up my social life by trying to stay on the wagon at the weekends, or find a way to make it work. I opted for calorie cycling. Keep the cals low during the week (helped by a couple of 500 cal day fasts), then I've got the surplus calories to eat the weekend. So far it's working. I still get to go out to restaurants with friends without fretting over the menu for low cal options, have pudding if I want and still manage to lose weight. "

I like this advice and may put it into practice this week.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Most weekends I can handle, but the one weekend a month that is my TOM really screws with me. I'm ravenous. It was this weekend :(. At lunch with a friend on Saturday and she was teasing me to stay out of the hummus before lunch came after I said I had the amount I had alotted for myself. I literally could NOT keep out of it. I guess the good thing was it's hummus- chick peas and olive oil.....not nachos with fried chips and gloppy cheese. Then we went to a party Saturday night!!!! I tried to stick with the pretzels and veggie tray, instead of the chili- which was pretty easy because the hostess (bless her) went ahead and put cheese (she wanted to try a new receipe) right in the turkey chili. So she took, turkey, beans, and tomatoes- something I could eat and put about 2 pounds of cheese it. The pot was gone by the end of the night, and since I had wine too I wasn't too hungry. But I woke up yesterday STARVING!!!!! Luckily I had not finished off the hummus the day before and had that for leftover/hangover breakfast on Sunday. I'm up 3 pounds from Friday's weigh in but I'm fairly sure that's water weight. Stupid TOM! Guys are lucky in that their weight lose doesn't get a wrench thrown in it once a month.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    WOW...I'm glad I'm not the only one. I too fall off the wagon every weekend and ruin any accomplishments I made during the week, beginning at square 1 every Monday. This week I'm trying something different. I burn anywhere from 600-1200 cals per day on my cardio machine, depending on how long I stay on. The goal is to leave 500+ cals left over Monday-Friday then apply them to Saturday and Sunday. So lets say I leave a total of 2500 for the week. I'd apply 1250 to Saturday and Sunday give me a total of 2600 for Saturday and Sunday. Sure my number will be red for those two days but my weekly average will still be on target. And I'll have 2600 cals for each day without any exercising...if I choose.
  • EricaRuns27
    EricaRuns27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm am SO guilty of this also!!! And every monday I get depressed bc I packed on 4 lbs. I'm pretty sure its fluid, bc I lose it back by Wednesday. It makes me think... I can get past this plateau that I bring upon myself if I would just behave on the weekends!

My boyfriends birthday was this weekend, & a fall festival, & a pumpkin patch, & friends coming in town... And lots of good food! 

Feel free to add me, maybe we can coach each other through the weekends! Lol.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I do not fall off the wagon on the weekends. I have one cheat meal once every 2-4 weeks typically.
  • mreffle
    mreffle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I occasionally fall off. LIke this past weekend, my 15-year old daugher's birthday party, so lots of junk food for the 9 girls (and us). Chinese food galore Friday, and ice cream cake, then left-over Chinese Saturday, then yesterday out for dinner on her actual birthday, more cake. This doesn't happen every weekend though.

Most weekends I'm more active than weekdays, because I have a sedentary job, then Saturday I'm up and down the stairs with 7 loads of laundry, and I hang everything up in the basement or outside, and we have a 2-storey house.

Also, I usually do a lot of cooking in large batches for freezing on weekends, and I plan healthy meals for all weekend. As a family of 4, we don't typically eat out a lot. The worst it would get is a pizza, or maybe wing night, but that's likely on a weekday, after a particularly busy and long work day, when I'm just too tired to cook, or I forgot to take something out of the freezer.
  • Determined75
    Determined75 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    And here i thought I was the only one. Haven't come up with a plan yet but I will.
  • marklemonier
    Options
    Yes, big time. I try to minimize it by getting in some exercise but my weekends are often when I regress a little. But I'm getting better at "just saying no" to the chips and dip while watching a football game with friends so I guess that's progress.