Are exercise DVD's a fast track to yo-yo dieting?

2»

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,543 Member
    .......but I do think for some people the DVD's set people up for yo-yoing. The celebrities that bring them out -for example tend to be the ones that yo-yo diet.

No DVD's don't set people up to yo-yo....being un-educated about what to do next and thinking that you can just be done sets people up to yo-yo.

it's not the DVD's or the marketing's fault that set them up for failure....it's the individual that sets them self up for failure. The GOOD DVD's make a point to talk about how it's a life change.
  • PattyC64
    PattyC64 Posts: 56 Member
    I love exercise DVDs. They especially worked for me when my kids were babies. I couldn't go to a gym or out for a run unless I had someone to watch them. I started doing videos in the morning while they were in bed. I cut out commuting time, and didn't have to worry about what I wore.

At the time, I loved the Firm DVDs. I had about 8 of them, so I could rotate through them and not be bored. Plus they varied instructors. They also had a message board, so I could check in with others doing the same workouts.

Something like 30 day shred is different because it's a single workout. I did that one once a week while I ran. I did 2 videos a week for strength and rotated them also. (by the way, 30DS was not my fav)

Currently, I'm doing Insanity. I'm not sure what I'll do after the 90 days. I want to start running again, but I'll supplement it with something else.
  • Great word LorinaLynn! :wink: :wink: :wink: