First workout above 1000 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• bodyrollin
    bodyrollin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. :) What were you doing?
    It's gonna sound cliché but it was the first "max" workout of insanity (day 1 week 6) I live in a very rural part of Florida an while I'm close to 2 major cities, the nearest gym is about a half hour drive...so went with the home workout program, but I do it in the garage were the heat and humidity of south Florida really ramp up the sweat factor lol (I figure if you're comfortable when you're working out, then you're not going as hard as you could)

Sweating because of excess heat in your environment does nothing to help your workout. All it does is make you more likely to become dehydrated. If anything, I'd bet you'd work *harder* if you weren't in an environment that started out uncomfortably hot.
    it's not uncomfortably hot, because of the orientation of my house the sun doesn't hit the garage until mid afternoon, and it does get really hot then...but I'd say it's probably about 80-82 degrees in there when I do them, and I have a big carpet dryer fan so I don't overheat, I just really have a problem when I'm in air that is too cool and dry, when I start breathing heavily, my throat burns pretty bad, and I'll stop...this environment helps me to keep going and never get that rawness to my airway.
  • bodyrollin
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! Keep up the good work. You have done a tremendous job on your weight loss. Doesn't it feel great?
    Yeah, it really does. :-)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It's gonna sound cliché but it was the first "max" workout of insanity (day 1 week 6) I live in a very rural part of Florida an while I'm close to 2 major cities, the nearest gym is about a half hour drive...so went with the home workout program, but I do it in the garage were the heat and humidity of south Florida really ramp up the sweat factor lol (I figure if you're comfortable when you're working out, then you're not going as hard as you could)

Sweating because of excess heat in your environment does nothing to help your workout. All it does is make you more likely to become dehydrated. If anything, I'd bet you'd work *harder* if you weren't in an environment that started out uncomfortably hot.
    it's not uncomfortably hot, because of the orientation of my house the sun doesn't hit the garage until mid afternoon, and it does get really hot then...but I'd say it's probably about 80-82 degrees in there when I do them, and I have a big carpet dryer fan so I don't overheat, I just really have a problem when I'm in air that is too cool and dry, when I start breathing heavily, my throat burns pretty bad, and I'll stop...this environment helps me to keep going and never get that rawness to my airway.

So basically a complete reversal of your initial statement.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Great job on the lost weight so far!

Yeah, those MAX workouts can get you there for sure. I remember my 1st +1000 cal burn was when I did the MAX cardio conditioning, MAX sports training, and Insane abs all in one session. You must have been pushing hard to clear 1000 cals. I'm guessing you were doing the MAX Interval circuit vid.

Wait 'till you push out to 2000+ cal burns. I've done that once. Recovery took three days :)

Oh and hey Chris, I love my pitbull and love to cook as well, but I'll take my 4th gen Prelude over an Integra LOL (actually love both cars)

Good job!
  • bodyrollin
    Options

So basically a complete reversal of your initial statement.
    what are you a political geek that likes to twist stuff out of context? No, not a complete reversal...I'm not working out in 120+ degrees (not too uncommon for a garage during the hot months in Florida, I do it at a time where it's more comfortable, that said its still humid, and it's not the dry air conditioned 72 degree comfort of my living room, erego...uncomfortable...troll much?
  • melissacocker
    Options
    that's AWESOME
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    well done :)
  • bodyrollin
    Options
    Great job on the lost weight so far!

Yeah, those MAX workouts can get you there for sure. I remember my 1st +1000 cal burn was when I did the MAX cardio conditioning, MAX sports training, and Insane abs all in one session. You must have been pushing hard to clear 1000 cals. I'm guessing you were doing the MAX Interval circuit vid.

Wait 'till you push out to 2000+ cal burns. I've done that once. Recovery took three days :)

Oh and hey Chris, I love my pitbull and love to cook as well, but I'll take my 4th gen Prelude over an Integra LOL (actually love both cars)

Good job!
    thanks man...as for the effort it was literally as much as I could do, but I think my size has a lot to do with calorie burn...it takes more effort for someone my size to do a push up than someone smaller...just more effort required...and in the closing statement, I love the ludes too, but I heart my DC2 lol
  • c53204
    c53204 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    After reading this, I realise how inaccurate Digifit's calories calculations must be! Several times (3hr brisk walks) it has reported I have burnt more than 1000 calories. when I enter the walking speed/duration on MFP, I get a figure around 800 - which seems more believable.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    AH, THIS IS PERFECT. I POSTED SOMETHING LIKE THIS EARLIER.

That's AWESOME if you burnt that many calories (provided you can adequately fuel up after).

But what would MPF say you'd burn doing all that? I did strength training for 60 minutes today (first time wearing HRM) and it said I burnt 458 calories... when MFP would say I'd burn 160-170ish for my age/weight/height.

Trying to figure out if HRM isn't as accurate as I thought they were supposed to be?

probably because MPF defines "strength training" as lifting weights and you were jumping around doing stuff for your "strength training"

Lol wtf is this comment? I was lifting weights. Cool assumptions bro!

Everyone else who responded to me: thank you for the info!! Exactly what I was looking for.