pizza question

Options
My fiance' wanted to get pizza for dinner and I obliged. I got a garden delight pizza (cheese, tomato, green peppers, onions) and scraped all the toppings off of the crust onto an 80 calorie fiber one tortilla. How many calories do you think I ate in 4 slices worth of toppings only plus the 80 cal tortilla? I guesstimated 400 calories although it may be higher. I just think that I saved a lot of cals by not eating any of the crusts. Please no mean replies, there seem to be a lot of mean people on here lately and it makes me kind of upset when people don't have respect for others.

Replies

• junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    if it were me, i'd add all of the ingredients separately for a closer estimate.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Do they have calories listed on their website?

I wouldn't think it would be very high because most of the calories are in the crust. Most pizzas I have seen, range anywhere from 200-280 a slice. If you didn't have meat, that takes a lot off. I would say you are right around the calorie range, guessing 400.

I agree with you about mean people on here lately. Been seeing that more than I ever have.
    I usually just ask my friends on here cause I know I have a great bunch of ladies :)
  • Bess_74
    Bess_74 Posts: 68
    Options
    if it were me, i'd add all of the ingredients separately for a closer estimate.

^^ This seems like the best option, if you look it up on the website it probably will not show the cals for the individual ingredients so it will be hard to estimate what it is with out the crust.
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It would depend on the size of the pizza. I looked up Pizza Hut

Veggie Lover's Medium Pan...1 slice ='s 230 calories

The regular bread sticks have 140 calories each

Educated guess would be toppings around 100 calories...???
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    well it's 220 a slice (with the crust) but the crust is a giant part of the calories (and carbs). I'm not too concerned with the cals of the veggies, all I have to factor in is the cheese. I have to guesstimate the amount of cheese on 4 large slices. Probably about a cup or so. I'm guessing.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I found this online hopefully it's close, but even if it isn't that still is a good estimate

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/generic/topping-from-vegetable-pizza
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Seems it would have been simpler just to eat two slices of pizza. For ~200 calories a slice, you would have eaten ~400 calories either way.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    My fiance' wanted to get pizza for dinner and I obliged. I got a garden delight pizza (cheese, tomato, green peppers, onions) and scraped all the toppings off of the crust onto an 80 calorie fiber one tortilla. How many calories do you think I ate in 4 slices worth of toppings only plus the 80 cal tortilla? I guesstimated 400 calories although it may be higher. I just think that I saved a lot of cals by not eating any of the crusts. Please no mean replies, there seem to be a lot of mean people on here lately and it makes me kind of upset when people don't have respect for others.

You sort of like how you showed zero respect for the pizza? Really the dough doesn't contribute all that much to the cals, if you've ever made homemade dough for an entire pizza, it's not a ton of cals, however the toppings will likely exceed the cals for the dough, esp the cheese
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options

You sort of like how you showed zero respect for the pizza? Really the dough doesn't contribute all that much to the cals, if you've ever made homemade dough for an entire pizza, it's not a ton of cals, however the toppings will likely exceed the cals for the dough, esp the cheese

Since when do we have to show respect to a pizza??? lol If that is how you want to eat it go ahead and again it wont hurt you to eat a regular slice or 2 as something nice every once in a while either.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Your cortisol is likely elevated.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Your cortisol is likely elevated.

I agree. Eating a pizza as it comes will alleviate that.

Next time you could make your own pizza and you don't have to worry about anything.
  • cmacohio1975
    cmacohio1975 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I ate pizza tonight also, 2 slices. As it came (ham and pineapple)... I don't feel guilty either lol. Not going to punish myself- it was within my calorie limits, and I don't have it every day, or even every week. :) To each there own I suppose, but do try and not to feel guilty and punish yourself over a slice of pizza.
  • justicekenny
    Options
    every week I get a small garden fresh from papa johns w a "ranch" dressing .. devour the whole thing too .. aprox 900 all together ... get that, and call it a day .. :)
  • Theresal77
    Theresal77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have eaten pizza often while logging all my food, if I know its going to be a pizza night with the kids, I make sure to put in an extra burn. I never eat more than one slice, and make sure its not loaded with too much meat as meats often have more fats than what I really want to consume.
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That is the saddest sounding pizza ever :((
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    it must be pizza day. i love it too. i ate it as it came. i also polished if my garrets popcorn i got in the city. lately i'm just trying to hang in there and not beat myself up anymore.
  • 780ck
    780ck Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd put them in seperately, but more importantly, great job on the weight loss. Look at you go!!!
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    First of all i will add that i also have seen alot of mean people, not sure what is up with that. I even made a couple comments about it on some posts. anyway on to your post. first, congratulations on even thinking about calories during pizza time, that takes willpower. so good for you. But i do agree that i think more of the calories would be in the cheese they put on it. but regardless it is still is within your calories correct? If not then that is still okay, as long as you do not do it alot. You have to allow yourself that.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I ate pizza today too! Wonder what it is about today that we all ate pizza? I get thin crust with mushrooms and eat as much as I want. LOL. Usually I'm at or a little above my calorie goal but I don't sweat it too much. Especially this week when I've been way under my calorie count. Good for you for trying to make it healthier though. That's dedication.
  • notmac
    notmac Posts: 89
    Options
    Like others have said, it is fine to have a treat, every now and then, make the best guess you can, and enjoy the treat!! What ever you have been doing is working, so keep it up. Sometimes, I think it helps to go out of what you would normally do, it won't keep you from reaching your goal.