pizza question

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Woah woah woah... what a bait and switch. You start talking about pizza but use it to sound off on other members? You almost got me!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    My name is Kathy and I'm addicted and love pizza and I'm not giving it up.:bigsmile: I now have it only about once a month. I make or order a thin crust loaded with veggies and cheese. I will add turkey pepperoni if I make homemade. I adjust my other meals that day and workout like crazy on that day and the day after. In the past I would eat 4 slices...now I try to stop at 2...ok sometimes 3:wink:

This is a lifestyle change...I'm not giving up food that I love.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I would get a food scale. I got mine from Bed Bath & Beyond for 6 bux! That way when I get cheese or meats from the deli, I can weigh it and get the exact calorie amount. I love it. It's not a fancy digital one, classic ol' analog and it works great :)

BTW.....Ignore the below comment. As long s you're not making a habit out of doing stuff like this, then go for it and enjoy every once in a while! Good for you for even bothering to scrape it off the crust. I would have never though of that.
    Threads like this digust me. scraping the toppings of a pizza onto a tortilla? suggesting dominoes pizza? Revolting.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I ate 1.5 large pan pizzas (not slices, pizzas) the other day, still lost 2 pounds.

Moral of the story? Stop micromanaging so much, things like trying to figure out how to scrape toppings off a pizza, and then worrying about how many calories you just had because there is no way to accurately calculate it just causes stress, which raises cortisol and prevents weight loss. Keep it simple.
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I kind of agree with the "respect the pizza" folks. You probably got A LOT of calories from the cheese. I think you'd be better served getting a normal pizza without cheese. Maybe just getting feta on top so you still get some cheese flavor.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    first, this is sad.
    second, this seems like a huge waste of money.
    third, eating an enitire pizza worths of toppings seems way more unhealthy than eating a little bit of crust.

lastly...this is sad...
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    wow. actually I hate pizza crusts, I always have, and secondly it was actually really good. I don't understand why people have to be rude. all I was asking was calorie opinions, not for people to be hateful and bash my decision.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I hope your fiance did his boyfriend duties and ate the rest of your pizza that you butchered! Its ok to eat certain foods every now and then that you enjoy, I would of just left it and ate the pizza and worked out a bit more that day, or just ignored it.. You probably will still have a deficit for the week.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't like the crusts. Yeah he ate them. I don't see the point in eating something that I don't like. The point is that the post I posted was to ask the opinion on the calories, not for everyone to bash my decision about not eating the crust. I don't like crusts. why should I HAVE to eat them just because they're there? Also people are treating me like I'm doing this just to lose weight. I'm not. I don't like crusts, so I didn't eat them. Plain and simple.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    wow. actually I hate pizza crusts, I always have, and secondly it was actually really good. I don't understand why people have to be rude. all I was asking was calorie opinions, not for people to be hateful and bash my decision.

Why would you have asked for people to be hateful and bash your decisions?
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Cheese is a killer! I usually order a small, thin-crust veggie with half cheese... But, I am also a crust lover =)
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    That was a complete waste of a perfectly good pizza..........ha ha
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Calorie opinion. I think you overestimated the calories. But that's just my opinion.
  • jernigan251
    jernigan251 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok, she's asking the question because obviously she doesn't LIKE the pizza crust!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Im really hoping that most of these people are kidding? Im finding it hilarious either way.

OP... I think your estimate sounds about right.

And now i really want pizza.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Im really hoping that most of these people are kidding? Im finding it hilarious either way.

OP... I think your estimate sounds about right.

And now i really want pizza.

I never kid about pizza. :indifferent:
  • shelbs111
    Options
    I am here as I'm craving a pizza for dinner, after reading all the posts lol I'm just going to eat pizza and start fresh tomorrow ;);)
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you weight loss!
    If I don't want the carbs in the crust , ill scrape the toppings off too then figure all ingredients seperately. If I to splurge and have the crust, sometimes I scrape the topping off of a couple of slices and and them to one slice with crust - a triple topping slice!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    IMO, what you did is a complete waste of food..What did you do with the crust after you scraped the toppings off?

I :heart: pizza and will never give it up. I just limit it to when I have it....
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I feel like crying for that pizza :(