Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's 1/22 wk 4

Options

Replies

• sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Morning Peppers!!! Sorry I've been MIA. I have an upper respiratory infection. I haven't been able to exercise obviously. I was barely able to breath until yesterday. I have no idea when I can go back to exercising. I have to get my chest cleared up before I can think about it. On the plus side of being sick, I have gotten an awesome ab workout thanks to all the coughing. Plus I lost over 4 lbs this week since I wasn't eating much. I weighed in at 215.0 this morning. Truthfully, I don't expect that to stay gone. I imagine a large part of that is just water. I'd be happy if it stays away, but I'm not going to beat myself up next week if I have a small gain.

Hope everyone has been good. I'll try to catch up on last week's thread a little later today. I know I probably missed a bunch.

That is so funny, I was thinking that too, everytime I move my abs hurt. Coughing really is not the work out I am looking for. :laugh:
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Hi all,
    Had a crappy weekend food wise, basically ate whatever I wanted. Did go walking Sunday, but totally blew off Saturday. So here it is Monday and starting fresh.
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Kelly - it is good to see you back. :happy:

Itty- glad you got a boot and no more crutches!!:bigsmile:

Crystal - glad you are feeling up to exercising again. :smile:

Sindy - hope you get feeling better soon.:flowerforyou:

Jacque - way to start fresh today!:smile: Weekends are a struggle for me too. I don't usually exercise and don't want to stay within calories if I don't exercise. My way of loosing weight is by exercising more than I eat. I have no control over eating for some reason.

On Saturday, I met one goal and that was to be under in sodium. On Sunday, I met two of my goal: to exercise and stayed under in calories. Today I am still working on my goals for today. So far doing ok with veggies but no fruit so far but I am over in my sodium already. I have exercised 2 times today. I will probably be within my calories, but over in my servings of chocolate. I hope everyone is having a great Monday!:smile:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    :heart: Sending get well wishes to all of our pepper's that are ill:heart: hang in there ladies....you'll be better soon!! take care!:flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Thank you for all the get well's. It just takes me a little longer to recover with the lupus. But mending. I am so proud of everyone :drinker: Keep up the great work. Soon I will be exercising with the rest of you. Have to do some last min. things and go to the 2nd job. Will get to relax a little on the train and bus. Have a great evening Pepper's. :bigsmile:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hello all.... today rain thus I didn't walk lunchtime... then I had to forgo my end of day workout since I was asked to work the last hour of work.

I am happy I was able to get Curves in.
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Good Morning Pepper's,
    Was over on calories yesterday. I think I need to stay out of the kitchen when I am tierd, I dont even think just grab and stick in mouth. :grumble: Today new day starting to feel better, still winded when walking so holding off on exercise. I already logged and put out what I am eating for breakfast,snacks and lunch and I am sticking to it. will work on drinking more water. Will just go to kitchen tonight to eat dinner and get out and not go back :laugh:

Will check back in later, Have a great day Pepper's :bigsmile:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! I was able to do BL yoga last night with minimal problems. I had to stop towards the beginning to use my inhaler. I should have probably just used it before I started. I'm going to the gym after work and I'll probably just to the elliptical for 20-30 min, depending on how I feel. Before I go into the gym, I'm going to be smart and use my inhaler. My lungs are mostly clear, but still easily irritated. I know the exercise will do me good as long as I don't throw myself into an asthma attack. I hate this!! Until I got sick, I hadn't had asthma symptoms in a couple of years. Even when I started exercising, my asthma didn't bother me. I catch a cold and it kicks everything back up again. It's really frustrating!!!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Howdy gang!

Well, I did good yesterday....until after supper. Darn brownies were yelling at me, then the salt monster was there with a bag of chips!! I normally don't have a problem with brownies, but I caved this time. I know I was near 2500 cals..... but crazy as it seems, I was down almost a lb this am. So, for the day I guess I ate clean for 3 meals and 1 snack...with a higher ratio being better vs bad??? Trying to make myself feel better here....I am mid cycle too...darn egg....

Angie ~ congrats on the weekend goals of under sodium and gettin in exercise! I might have to figure in some chocolate in my diet, so I don't have slip ups like I did last eve...

Cindy ~ I'm with ya on being over on cals....oh well, just one day and we can improve the rest of the week, right? You have good plans for today so I'm sending you some ** focus ** vibes in hopes that you stick to them!! You can do this...and so can I!!

Crystal ~ that astma is a real bummer. my sons have it and it's scary sometimes. It seems better since they have gotten older, but still when they get colds or bronchitis, the cough hangs on for almost a month or so. Glad you are feeling better and ready to get back to workin out!

HI to Jacque, Megan, Christy, Barb, Erica, Jennifer, Kym, Sassie & Whitney!! Hope you gals are doing good!! Thinkin of ya!!

Well, here's to a good day for all of us! Eat healthy and within calories and get in some activity...that's all it takes, plain and simple....well, not so easy for me, but I am trying to realize that it just needs to happen, just make it my lifestyle and DO IT! Go SHGP's....let's get healthy, YOU get healthy!! YIPPY for us!!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    hi peppers .... just got back from the dr ..... i lost my balance this morning and fell so i wanted to get checked out and see how much damage i had done ..... i fell at 4am when hobbling to the bathroom..... i have a bruised shoulder and hip and they replaced my cast since i managed to crack it ..... it could of been a lot worse so i got lucky there .... hope everyone else is doing good
  • kelly_a
    Options
    oh Megan...be careful sweety! glad you are ok and nothing major to set you back! take it easy!! :flowerforyou:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: morning all!
    Had an aweful and exhausting day yesterday. was playing with my little doggie and 5 mins later I found him under the table on his back with his tounge out what I thought was dead, I was on the phone with the hubby when I found him and was freaking out screaming "wake up snickers" I held him tight thinking that he was having a seizure but he wasnt moving just had a fixed gaze his heart was hardly beating. I ran to the vet in town (not the one I take him to) because i didnt think he could make the 15 min drive there, they did the works on him all day long and got his heart back up, got him sitting and alert and everything I was to exhausted from crying and not eating all day to go to the gym. he came home lastnight and thank god made it through the night he looks fine today!
    The vet bill has made me so depressed and they didnt take payments, they needed the money right there..... had to get a credit card to pay for part of it to:( If anything else happens with him there is no way we can pay anything out we just have to let him die. I slept holding him lastnight hes like our baby only 3 years old.
    I gotta lift my head out and get moving, just have a lot on my mind to get going. Im praying for peace in my heart and mind today!
    love ya girls
    V
  • sindyb9
    Options
    So sorry MissV, did they say what was wrong with him?. They are like our babies. It is so hard when they get sick the vet bills are so expensive. He is so cute, give him a big hug for me and I will be praying for him.

Kelly, I could not believe it yesterday I was just walking through the kitchen picked up the pound cake and ate it. Went over by 218 calories. I was good even through supper. I think I will get off the bus 2 stops early and walk home from there. I dont have to work second job tonight so I can get to bed early. I really need to get active, every joint in my legs and hips are killing me, I am so stiff. I know this mean exercise is going to be painful for a while. Very hard when the mind wants to move but the body wont let it. :explode:

Crystal I have to take an inhaler too until the cough completely goes away. I have not used one for a couple of years, but it does help.

Megan it is so hard when you are sleepy walking around with a cast, hope you mend quickly.

I will check back in soon, Have a great afternoon Pepper.'s. :bigsmile:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Erica ~ how terrible for your little puppy dog....and so scary for you. do they know what happened to him? I hope he is all better now and this does not happen again. Yes, our 4-legged companions are just like family. They love unconditionally and fill our hearts with much joy! Thinkin of you and your family and that God keeps your pup in the palm of His hand...:flowerforyou: :heart: Remember, we're all here for you!! :heart:

Cindy ~ enjoy your evening...hope it is pleasant and peaceful!

Ok, so a first for me, I cooked some whole (long) grain brown rice for supper. To it I added lite Soy sauce, and crisp tender cooked chopped onion and carrots and a sprinkle of black pepper! YUM! Almost addictive!

Excited for BL tonite. Have a nice evenin' ladies! I have my 'day' bus trip tomorrow, so will check in after noon sometime.
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Good Morning Pepper's,
    Well did it again, went over this time by 300, ok so I think I have to shut anything out that is not healthy just for a little while, I will have a little something sweet, then I just want to eat and not stop and I know I am not still hungry.

New day goal, stay within calories (no junk at all) and drink my water. I will start with this goal for a few days until I feel a little more in control.

I feel better telling on myself :laugh: Keeps me honest with myself. Have to get to work will check back later. :bigsmile:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    thanks so much for the well wishes for my pup:) He is doing great have to take him back on friday for another sugar testing to see if for some reason he is a diabetic and to buy his special food taht he has to start
    Neighbor had an emergency today so i have to watch the baby ( well 2 years old) so taht was unexpected but darn it I am gonna go to the gym with him ! So just took mine to schol, fed this little guy and headed out to the gym right now.
    the food supply in the house is scarse right now which typically means that the crap food is left ;( not happy about taht but i will figure it out!
    Hope taht you all have a wonderful day!
    Kitn&Sindy~ keep on keeping on! you are doing great!
    Kelly hug those puggers today!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Hi everyone....
    Miss V - that is one cute pup. If I had one that size, I would be taking the dog everywhere. I would be the lady w/the dog in a bag. He's just that damn cute! Hopefully, you'll learn about his condition and how to treat it.

Right now, my house is like yours - all the "good" food eaten or frozen. All the "crap" food is readily available. When I don't have the kids living w/me I don't have a lot of food in the house. I will say we have a lot of cereal right now. Milk, well, that's questionable.

I'm off to curves now. I'll probably get the "eat more ... body in starvation mode" error message. So, I need to eat more food but eat the right more food. That's a toughie.

Take care all. Here's to a new start on Thursday!
    b
  • kelly_a
    Options
    very bad day :frown: ....junk food junkie here :cry: ...feel like I should go puke somewhere...:sick:

Miss V ~ thinkin of you and you're lil doggy....happy tails to him...positive results for Friday. :flowerforyou:

Barb ~ I have never had that happen, how many calories? I need one that says ~ WAY TOO MUCH FOOD TODAY, GO RUN 5 MILES! :bigsmile: or, GO GET YOUR STOMACH PUMPED! blech...

hangin' on here....by a thread. just ** ONE ** good day Lord....that's all...I think it's official, I'm off the wagon....'bout 100 miles ago...
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Home from curves. I updated the calories burned and hit finished eating. To my surprise, I didn't get the "you didn't consume enough calories...body may go in starvation mode" message.

Overall, to lose weight, I'm supposed to consume 1250 calories. Days I don't exercise is very tough for me to stay in 1250.

Today, I burned 710 calories from exercise
    Ate 1523 calories.
    So I have 400+ calories left over today.

There has been times I got that message even when I had 200+ calories left over. So I don't know what the programmers intent was.

I'm really curious to see what the scale reveals this week. I'm been under calories often this week & exercising.

My next work fitness test is scheduled for mid May. The goal is 3lbs weight loss - Feb - Mar - Apr. And in Feb I plan to really focus on the 1.5 run, push ups and sit-ups. The hope is 3lbs is reasonable, not drastic, and the loss will stay off. Any extra lbs is just that extra, yeah, gold star bonus. Overall, I'm truly hoping for 10lbs loss by mid May.
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Good Morning Pepper's,

Kelly I know how you feel, I treated myself like a child yesterday and managed to still have 16 calories left over. One day at a time, today is a new day and I just keep saying no,no,no, you cant have that. It is going to be a very long day, but we can do it.

I am starting to feel better and this week end I will try to do exercise again. I was on all sorts of meds last week and aunt flow was in town. I am hoping for a loss, but we shall see.

Have to get to work, will check back later. :bigsmile: