Why cant i loose weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    it must be hard, but try not to focus on the scale for awhile.. focus on how good you feel.. how you used to feel. What a change! if you quit, you'll feel like crap again, so eating good and exercising is doing something! and if you just keep doing it for those reasons, the pounds will come off and so will the inches.. maybe not as quickly as you want.. but it will... peace will come if you change your focus.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    What happens if i've already eaten all my protien 25 for day and I didn't even eat dinner yet? So all I can have for dinner is vegs?

If you go over, you'll probably die.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Hello

I'm Female. 35 yrs. 5ft 3in. 160lbs. BMI 28.36.
    I keep an average 1200 calorie a day diet. (more like, Sun-Thu 900 cal, Fri-Sat 2000 cals for those extra tipples)
    Exercise classes (two classes a day for four days) 45 mins each: 2 x Body Combat, 2 x Body Pump, 3 x Yoga/Pilates/Balance, 1 x Spin burning approx 600-800 to 1000 cals.

At the moment i add the cals i have burnt during exercise to my food calories (so i eat a bit more). Should i be ignoring the exercise cals and not take any into account?

Confused!

although you are eating the 900-1200 calories, WHAT ayou are eating ism MUY IMPORTANTE..... there are certain foods that promote fat loss, like vegetables and protein.... so try an reanalyze what you are eating.... make sure you are eating HEALTHY foods, and not just staying withiin ur caloric intake.... You can also try Clean Eating... its eating only veges, fruits, proteins.... NO processed foods, no sodas, juices etc.. that could probably help... All the best :)

What??
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    *eyetwitch*

ROFL yup
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    *eyetwitch*

ROFL yup

omg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hello

I'm Female. 35 yrs. 5ft 3in. 160lbs. BMI 28.36.
    I keep an average 1200 calorie a day diet. (more like, Sun-Thu 900 cal, Fri-Sat 2000 cals for those extra tipples)
    Exercise classes (two classes a day for four days) 45 mins each: 2 x Body Combat, 2 x Body Pump, 3 x Yoga/Pilates/Balance, 1 x Spin burning approx 600-800 to 1000 cals.

At the moment i add the cals i have burnt during exercise to my food calories (so i eat a bit more). Should i be ignoring the exercise cals and not take any into account?

Confused!

although you are eating the 900-1200 calories, WHAT ayou are eating ism MUY IMPORTANTE..... there are certain foods that promote fat loss, like vegetables and protein.... so try an reanalyze what you are eating.... make sure you are eating HEALTHY foods, and not just staying withiin ur caloric intake.... You can also try Clean Eating... its eating only veges, fruits, proteins.... NO processed foods, no sodas, juices etc.. that could probably help... All the best :)

What??

My thoughts exactly!
  • HelenC197735
    Options
    Hello

Confused!
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    It's probable that you are not eating enough.

Your BMR according to my calculations is 1482. Your TDEE for a sedentary lifestyle is 1778 calories - you need to eat somewhere in the middle of this.

So if you were just in bed all day doing NOTHING (or a coma), your body would be burning 1482 calories and by doing day to day things like getting up and eating your food, your body burns 1778 calories.

Around 1500-1600 a day is probably a better goal, rather slow and steady than putting such severe stress on your body.

Yes!!!!!! This right here ^^. I'll add another thing:

Doing the same thing without any variation will slow your loss up too because your body has now become accustomed to the sameness. It no longer needs to expend the same energy it once did and will slow your metabolism down. Change the length of time you workout and vary the intensity and number of reps. Monitor that for two weeks and see what happens.

I say all of this because the same thing happened to me. I stalled at the same number for three weeks before I broke through that plateau. I didn't understand WHY until it was broken down for me.

And you need to EAT!!!! lol Eat more to lose more....but you still gotta keep your deficit in place.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    "Not sure if serious, but 25 grams of protein in a day isn't too much or even enough. I have 25 grams before I even wake up in the morning. My protein goal is like 195 grams. "

^^This! If you go by MFP calculations its almost always too low on protein. I set mine manually to a percentage - 40% which makes mine 122 grams.

TRUE! Mine is set at 55%. However, I burn it all up because my workouts are long and intense. I need the fuel. You will not die if you go over your limit, which probably isn't even right in the first place.
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello

Confused!

people have been answering your question. Are you not seeing the responses?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Time to start studying and actually learning this information in comprehensive form in your own mind instead of stopping to ask people on the internet each time you have a question. Its best to really just understand for yourself :flowerforyou:
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    What happens if i've already eaten all my protien 25 for day and I didn't even eat dinner yet? So all I can have for dinner is vegs?

exactly.

No. More protein is GOOD for you. MFP estimates protein super low :)
  • aniskha
    aniskha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem. I have only been at it for two weeks but have gain one pound. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I will try exercise twice a day now and see how that works.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options

exactly.

and tacos.

No no no!
    You Cannot have too much protein. The grams of protein they give you is a minimum "goal" to reach. It's good if you go over. Lean protein will definitely help you lose weight and add muscle.

Also, you should not eat under 1200 calories. You probably aren't losing weight because your body has gone into starvation mode. At least eat those 1200 calories and then maybe half of your exercise calories. Even if you eat back all of your exercise calories you should still lose weight, just not as rapidly.

Good luck!
    Add me if you would like!
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HelenC197735
    Options
    Hello

Confused!

people have been answering your question. Are you not seeing the responses?

Yes sorry - i got stuck in a message and couldnt get out
  • JohnnyOrlando
    Options
    Not sure if what is real?

Please explain what happens in detail when you combine carbs and protein that improves fat loss

As a diabetic, I was told to never eat carbs without protein. The balance somehow keeps your blood sugar in check. Blood sugar affects glucose and glucose affect weight. I am not a doctor, just stating what doctors have told me.

I would also assume, that the lack of crashing also helps in not consuming more calories to recover from the crash.