buns of steel

Options
Hi all!!! I would like to do more work on my butt....i have finally lost the weight I wanted and toned most of the areas I needed but I would like a rounder bum...anyone out there can advise me on a good dvd work out I can get?:)

Replies

• xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and deadlifts. No need for a DVD. :smile:
  • Anya06
    Anya06 Posts: 95
    Options
    I do squats and lunges almost every day...maybe not enough...how many should I do?
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I found a free copy online of Jillian Michaels Killer buns and thighs. I really felt it! I would recommend it
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Get weight on your squats. BIG WEIGHT
  • janiem1987
    janiem1987 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have heard that Jillian Michael's Killer Buns and Thighs works well. I havent tried it yet, but I am planning on doing it tonight.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I do squats and lunges almost every day...maybe not enough...how many should I do?

now so much how many as how heavy...
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Brazilian Butt Lift!

It' a Beachbody program.

Enjoy :)
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Just looked into it but kneeling squats look pretty good.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you want a DVD get Pure Barre. I take the class and they focus a lot on your "seat". I have definitely noticed a change!!
  • Vtron9
    Vtron9 Posts: 18
    Options
    I use Fitness Blender all the time. They have a great variety of free streaming videos, and you can search for ones that target specific muscle groups (i.e. glutes! yay bum!), or by what kind of exercise you want, (i.e. cardio, strength, toning etc) You can also modify these by adding weight or just using bodyweight.

Here's the link to the glute workouts:
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/exercise-group/?all=1p=1&var1=2l&str=&type=cnBYNFplQjFhZUIxYTkzM2VCMWFoaWY_&primaryMuscle=b0xmeE1lQjFhMjFlQjFhMzQyZUIxYWRqbQ__&searched=1#listContainer
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Bump for tips.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is this: Get this http://www.ultimatesandbagtrainingstore.com/ultimate-sandbag-systems/for-beginners and a bag of sandbox grade play sand from Home Depot (like $3.00 for a 50 lb bag of it). All you need. As a dude it even makes me feel muscle activation in the glutes like nothing else, and this is coming from someone who used to work out with heavy squats. Use the Youtube workouts and what comes with it. SO many exercises.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

now so much how many as how heavy...

Heavy lifting. Compound training. That's the stuff, right there. Whether with a barbell or a sandbag or whatever...
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a TON of squats and lunges with Insanity and I have noticed a huge difference that I'm loving. Only problem is that my knees are starting to hurt from all the high-impact Insanity workouts. Anyone have ideas for reducing knee pain or modifying those movements so that they're still effective but won't bother the knee?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Eat at a slight calorie surplus, do heavy weighted squats, deadlifts and lunges. Hill sprints are good too.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Eat at a slight calorie surplus, do heavy weighted squats, deadlifts and lunges. Hill sprints are good too.

Yes. Oft neglectied point. A calorie surplus. Your muscle wil not grow bigger without it.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Ditto everyone who said squats, deadlifts and lunges with heavy weights. Adding weights make a big difference for my butt. I also like kettlebell swings. I remember someone recommended weighted glute bridges.
  • _Cheyanne_
    _Cheyanne_ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Brazilian Butt Lift!

It' a Beachbody program.

Enjoy :)

and incredibly expensive. get under a barbell and SQUAT! :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Look up "pop-pilates" on youtube. There are some really good butt workouts.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I swear by Brazil Butt Lift. I've had amazing results. I had NO butt whatsoever and what I did have looked terrible. It's made a world of difference for me.