Trying not to throw a pity party!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Hihi thanks, but Im not really strong at all. I have almost no self-dicipline what-so-ever.. Thats why I know everyone can quit smoking. It isnt really hard to quit smoking, whats hard is really _wanting_ to quit smoking.. Most people, no matter how much they say they want to quit, they dont. Cause when you really want it, you'll quit! :)
    [/quote]

You are absolutely correct!!! I never quit until I really wanted to!! I really DO WANT TO!! :ohwell: Just have to hang in there with the cravings and dizziness that comes with it!!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    It is REALLY hard sometimes to admit we're human. I was talking to my boss last weekend who gave up smoking and said it was really hard, and he has gained weight since then too.

I'm sorry you're going through such trying times. My father contracted multiple myeloma (some kind of cancer that affects his bones/back). It's been hard not to let that derail my efforts to lose weight.

Have you tried seeing a doctor or a counselor? I'm just concerned that you're doing so much for others, that you haven't taken the time to do for you. One of the surgeon's I spoke with (I was considering getting the lap-band surgery) said that there are times that it's okay to be selfish - and getting a handle on losing weight or stopping smoking or whatever the case - if you don't take the time to take care of yourself, it's going to take a dramatic toll on you. You aren't going to be able ot be as effective with helping your mom or your family.

If there's any way you can schedule some "me time" to either go to the gym or to see a counselor or some other way to de-stress that wouldn't involve smoking or eating, that would be great - even it it's just 30 minutes at a time.
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It is REALLY hard sometimes to admit we're human. I was talking to my boss last weekend who gave up smoking and said it was really hard, and he has gained weight since then too.

I'm sorry you're going through such trying times. My father contracted multiple myeloma (some kind of cancer that affects his bones/back). It's been hard not to let that derail my efforts to lose weight.

Have you tried seeing a doctor or a counselor? I'm just concerned that you're doing so much for others, that you haven't taken the time to do for you. One of the surgeon's I spoke with (I was considering getting the lap-band surgery) said that there are times that it's okay to be selfish - and getting a handle on losing weight or stopping smoking or whatever the case - if you don't take the time to take care of yourself, it's going to take a dramatic toll on you. You aren't going to be able ot be as effective with helping your mom or your family.

If there's any way you can schedule some "me time" to either go to the gym or to see a counselor or some other way to de-stress that wouldn't involve smoking or eating, that would be great - even it it's just 30 minutes at a time.

First of all, wow!! What a great inspiration you are!! You have done amazing!! Thanks for your input. Because I moved states, I have to wait for transfer of my health insurance (State funded). So, I won't be able to see a doctor until January or so. I have quit smoking cold turkey twice...the first time for 4 months and then again not long after for 10. I KNOW I can do this!!! But my surroundings make it 20 times as hard. I'm just thinking one thing at a time. Now, my "me time" consists of sitting in front of the television and snacking! Bluh, bad habits...
    Oops, got on a rant! Again, thank you for your advice....all this support definitely makes me feel stronger!!