Runners?

Options
Are you a runner looking for a few more running friends (or at least random strangers) to provide motivation? Offer support when the weather is bad or when your (insert your favorite running injury here) flares up again? Feel free to add me as a friend, thanks!

Replies

• RunsForFood
    RunsForFood Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yay running!!
    Anyone feel free to add me :) I've run a couple of half marathons, a couple Warrior Dashes, all the local 5k's and a Tough Mudder and will soon start training for my first marathon. So I would love some runners to keep me motivated!

And I guess I might try and be motivating too sometimes....but no promises people. ;)
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'll bite. I'm training for my 2nd marathon in a couple weeks. Not really looking for motivation, but I like making new running friends

ETA: feel free to add me too!
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    More running friends would be great! I just completed my second full. Feel free to add me.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you're looking for running friends. I'm not the best expert on this stuff. Just sort of getting started. Doing my first 5k this weekend but it would be cool to see more running friends on my wall as encouragement to run more.

This morning's workout, passed the 3.1 mile mark at 27:25 (5.25 mile run) so I'm curious what time I'll get in the race.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. I have done two marathons, and want to do a few next year. Looking to train smarter and not get injured moving forward. I try to do a race a month or so, mostly 5Ks with some more distance sprinkled here and again.
  • estepicursor
    estepicursor Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies so far. I have done a few halfs but have yet to tackle a full...I REALLY admire people who have done a full.

I'm trying to pick out another half to do in the spring. Decisions, decisions......
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like. I do a little running here and there. :wink:
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you see fit

I run a *kitten* ton - but not as much as Carson ^ ^ ^
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    New runner here, just did my first 10 k this Fall and have a 5k coming up in Nov. Add me for support! We all need friends that motivate!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I like runners - I do about 100 miles a month.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner, and I would add you... but I'm afraid of dark forests. :tongue:
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    Runners feel free to add me. I've done 5K through marathon in the past. I just starting back after letting myself go; seeing/helping others progress will keep me motivated.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Add me up! Training for some half's and another full marathon in March. I freaking L:heart: VE running!

Oh make sure you add Carson, Arc, and JR they know a lot and will inspire you with their awesome running :)

eta: please put something in the message when you send FR
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started running about 5 months ago and have run 2 5Ks with 2 more coming up in the next week! I'm still trying to break that 4 mile mark and my goal (right now) is to run a 10K next spring!
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!!

I am a new-er runner! I completed C25K and just ran my first 5 mile race this past weekend! Finished in 56 minutes, but my first 3 were completed in 30. Walked a portion of the last two as i need to continue to build up my endurance obviously. I am now trying to figure out how to add speed, increase endurance and decrease time. Looking to do lots of 5K's next year and hopefully some 10K's, Warrior Dash and the Tough Mudder.

I would love to have some running friends who can offer some advice and encouragement!!!!

Thanks!

Denise
  • Notyourrevolution
    Notyourrevolution Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm also a runner and welcome adds from fellow runners! I'm working towards my second 1/2 in February 2013 (just started training) and hope to transition into a full marathon training program to complete my first full in early May.
  • fasterandbetter
    fasterandbetter Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    add me too, would like to have more runners friends, i did two 1/2 marathon and training for a full
  • rynomite57
    rynomite57 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Add me! Training for two 5 mile runs this year, then the Philadelphia Broad Street Run (10 Miles) becomes the big goal for 2013.
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Request sent!
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I love running (some days more than others, of course).