NEED HELP, DESPERATE TO KNOW WHATS WRONG!!!

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Set you account to 1 lb per week, eat back 50% of your exercise calories if MFP is calculating or 80% of it's a HRM (some room for error). Also, track sodium and fiber as they are good things to track. Eliminate the sweets and drinking calories and pick up some lean whole meats, fruits and veggies. Also adjust your macro's to 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats. Higher protein diets help with weight loss and muscle loss prevention.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

I set it to 1 lb now I hope this works...What are other ways of incorporating protein, a shake?

My personal favorite is steak! Protein shakes can work but they don't have the same satiety value as lean meat. Whey protein absorbs quickly. For breakfast, eliminate cereal and go with eggs (high protein and fat).
  • pelles
    pelles Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Then don't worry and keep chugging along at 2 lbs per month. Maybe mark a calendar of what you should weigh (-2 lbs) at the end of each month. I do this and my monthly weigh in is two days after my TOM. I don't expect more, but I'm thrilled if it is less. Have your long term six month goal of 12 lbs lost rather than thinking of the immediate future.

Also, I wanted to say that I think it's brave to open your food diary for everyone to see and provide feedback.

You can do this!
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    i'm still new to this too.. and didn't read other posts... but you prob wanna add more fruits/veg/protein
    depending on what kinda exercise you're doing... you may not be eating enough. good luck
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    Set you account to 1 lb per week, eat back 50% of your exercise calories if MFP is calculating or 80% of it's a HRM (some room for error). Also, track sodium and fiber as they are good things to track. Eliminate the sweets and drinking calories and pick up some lean whole meats, fruits and veggies. Also adjust your macro's to 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats. Higher protein diets help with weight loss and muscle loss prevention.

^^ this. He said it all. Since you have less to lose, it could take some time...a LOT of time. Be patient and hang in there! And what do you do for exercise?

Exercise, walking/running, or p90x, or just started 30 day shred....
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and maintaining at 160lbs now. To lose I ate about net 1600 calories - 1600 plus all my exercise calories; I lost 34 lbs in about 8 months. If you try and be too restrictive, you're more likely to binge... at least that's what I've found. Many others will agree with me. So if you change your goal to .5 lbs/week or 1lb/week if you must, you'll get to eat more and you may be more likely to stick exactly to your goals. The worst that can happen is you continue to lose 2 lbs/month, which let's face it, is okay...
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options
    protein bars are good...chicken, fish, turkey....I'm on high protein and I use all those x
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just a thought here - I think that the calorie counts for exercise (if you're using MFP's) are inflated and need to be adjusted if you're counting on them to balance your eating and lose weight. For example, last week I did a bike ride, and MFP suggested that I burned off around 1800 calories, whereas my shiny new Garmin device determined I burned a bit under 1100.
  • hope8311
    Options
    Then don't worry and keep chugging along at 2 lbs per month. Maybe mark a calendar of what you should weigh (-2 lbs) at the end of each month. I do this and my monthly weigh in is two days after my TOM. I don't expect more, but I'm thrilled if it is less. Have your long term six month goal of 12 lbs lost rather than thinking of the immediate future.

Also, I wanted to say that I think it's brave to open your food diary for everyone to see and provide feedback.

You can do this!

Thanks Iwas skeptical at first then realized its only hurting me and I need to know the truth...
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options

This may be a silly question, but I am going to ask anyway. When you say "if you have ___ to lose..." Is that by the amount a person is overweight or by how much they want to lose. According to most reports I am normal weight and OP is pretty much in that range too, but I want to lose about 20lbs. Should people like us do .5 to 1lb or just stick to .5?
  • psuLemon
    Options

^^ this. He said it all. Since you have less to lose, it could take some time...a LOT of time. Be patient and hang in there! And what do you do for exercise?

Exercise, walking/running, or p90x, or just started 30 day shred....

If you do just P90X, then 1800 calories is probably where you will want to be. If you want to do a hybrid between P90X and 30DS (replacing X cardio with 30DS), then 1700's a day will be good. But P90X + properly fueling your body (not with junk like cookies) = great results.
  • hope8311
    Options
    Just a thought here - I think that the calorie counts for exercise (if you're using MFP's) are inflated and need to be adjusted if you're counting on them to balance your eating and lose weight. For example, last week I did a bike ride, and MFP suggested that I burned off around 1800 calories, whereas my shiny new Garmin device determined I burned a bit under 1100.

Oh no, I don't believe what mfp tells me it has the tendency to give me more credit where its do....I have a heart rate monitor I follow to know the exact calories Iburned...
  • psuLemon
    Options

This may be a silly question, but I am going to ask anyway. When you say "if you have ___ to lose..." Is that by the amount a person is overweight or by how much they want to lose. According to most reports I am normal weight and OP is pretty much in that range too, but I want to lose about 20lbs. Should people like us do .5 to 1lb or just stick to .5?

To get into a normal range. It's not uncommon that people want to lose more weight than they actually can. This is why I suggest working on body composition and knowing your BF % is critical to know what your goal weight should be.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/684493-how-to-determine-weight-goal?hl=how+to:+determine&page=1#posts-10001020
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options

^^ THIS. Plus I would suggest you try and limit added sugars.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Thanks psulemon. I kind of figured, but wasn't totally certain.
  • psuLemon
    Options

^^ THIS. Plus I would suggest you try and limit added sugars.

I would debate the sugar part. Since sugar is a carb, if your carbs are moderate, you can cut fat. Heck, I eat 2-3 servings of fruit a day and I am continuously cutting fat.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I looked back over your diary for maybe over a week.

IMO you could do with not adding quick cals, log everything I know it takes time but it is important that you do it :-)

Don`t skip meals. Try to plan your day the night before or the morning of the day and stick to it!

It can become an obsession, it did for me for the first few months, once you can work out how to make it work for you then it gets easier :-)

On the good side you are wanting to make a change and have lost some weight, so stick at it, be true to yourself, because only you can do this!

You will get there x
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    too many bread type products. and you do not look overweight at all from your profile so its harder to loose.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more fresh veggies and some fruit which can be full of natural sugars so limit those , ditch the cream cheese to high in fat , if you must eat, fat free variety. More complex carbs (eaten early in the day) quinoa or brown rice is good. More protein, grilled chicken, fish , pork. nut's in small amounts are great for snack , almonds are a good choice. How much exercise are you doing? Shoot for at least 30 minutes of hard cardio where you are dripping sweat , 4-5 times a week. Hope this was helpful to you goodluck.:flowerforyou:
    28848 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My 2cents...I think it's the type of food you are eating. Clean up your foods and I bet you see a big difference.

Also, as others have said, it looks to me like you may not be calculating your homemade foods exactly.....just a thought.

Hang in there....you can do this...but you have to be willing to make the effort to eat healthier foods.
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    As others have said, more veggies, fruit, proteins. Try a breakfast cereal with more fibre.

Most importantly as someone else pointed out also WEIGH EVERYTHING!! If your just guesstimating things you maybe adding more and more calories without even realising.

Good luck keep it up :0)