NEED HELP, DESPERATE TO KNOW WHATS WRONG!!!

Options

Replies

• treylam
    treylam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been following MFP for about a month now with 1200 calories daily, lost 7lbs and wasn't hungry but these past few days, I feel like I could eat a horse and becoming hungry more often. Any ideas/help for me.
    Thanks,
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    What has seemed to work for me, when I go grocery shopping I stick to the outsides, I rarely go down the aisles. Try this, that way you'll get lots of fruits and veggies and more protein.

But keep at it. Any loss is a loss, and by the way you've been working out, i'm sure you've gained some muscle!

Aww Kirby, it brought a smile on my face to see a familiar face... :) I weighed myself today and ralized that this was intense and no weight loss... :(

I'll be positive
  • blueduckie
    blueduckie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi :-) I've just had a quick look at your diary and I don't think it's your calorie intake thats the problem, but the quality of the food. For example, 300 calories of chocolate is not good for you like 300 calories of mixed veg. Human bodies struggle/can not process refined sugars and they store in your body. Maybe try eating clean non processed homemade foods, like lean proteins and vegetables, salads, and fruits.

Anyways, don't be too hard on yourself. You ARE losing weight and at the end of the day a loss is a loss :) Be proud x
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hi :-) I've just had a quick look at your diary and I don't think it's your calorie intake thats the problem, but the quality of the food. For example, 300 calories of chocolate is not good for you like 300 calories of mixed veg. Human bodies struggle/can not process refined sugars and they store in your body. Maybe try eating clean non processed homemade foods, like lean proteins and vegetables, salads, and fruits.

Anyways, don't be too hard on yourself. You ARE losing weight and at the end of the day a loss is a loss :) Be proud x

Could you explain a little more how the body cannot process refined sugars and as such they get stored in your body.
  • hope8311
    Options

THanks a lot Iwill try this
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Mostly I feel my weight loss has been exercise oriented, but there have been some diet changes that have helped:
    -I drink a minimum of 12 glasses of water a day
    -Nothing (with exception of unsweetened coffee) but fruit before noon on work days
    -Fast food no more then once a week
    -Buy nothing for the house I would be embarrassed about if people knew I was 250 pounds and wanted to lose weight (I'm 206 right now)

I've found setting these basic rules have made it easier along the way to be more thoughtful in all I eat.

Good luck to you, me and everyone on this site.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I looked back over your diary for maybe over a week.

IMO you could do with not adding quick cals, log everything I know it takes time but it is important that you do it :-)

Don`t skip meals. Try to plan your day the night before or the morning of the day and stick to it!

It can become an obsession, it did for me for the first few months, once you can work out how to make it work for you then it gets easier :-)

On the good side you are wanting to make a change and have lost some weight, so stick at it, be true to yourself, because only you can do this!

You will get there x

Oh thanks, but Ido log every little bit regardless of how embarrased I am...I log it all in and make sure thats one thing I don't skip over....I will makesure I will try to plan ahead of time...

Let me be totally honest with you... a couple of years ago I went to see my doctor OK, and I said that I eat very little and I watch everything I eat and I don`t over eat so what you gonna do about it. He prescribed me with Xenical. over 8 months I lost 1lb. Because I did not eat a lot of fatty stuff, so they did not work.

I went back and said hey these tabs don`t work, send me to a surgeon for lipo and tummy tuck.

so I went to the surgeon and he said lose some weight before we can operate!

I went home and joined MFP and realised that I was fooling myself by thinking that I did not over eat.

I logged everything that went in my mouth, and the weight started to go really fast.

If you are not losing weight then it is because you are not logging everything or your exercise is over estimated.

I don`t want you to think I am being harsh but this is the simple truth.

Calories in and calories out. You can look into the macros later x
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    hi, r u using a food scale? r u drinking some calories and not accounting for them? its easy to log processed food, r u accurate with home cooked meals. eating processed foods although not as nutritious as most whole foods makes little difference in weight loss, basically calories in vs calories out. good luck
  • baptiste565
    Options

Could you explain a little more how the body cannot process refined sugars and as such they get stored in your body.
    thx 4 calling out that misinformation.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

thx 4 calling out that misinformation.

Baptiste that is true re reffined sugars
  • hope8311
    Options
    Mostly I feel my weight loss has been exercise oriented, but there have been some diet changes that have helped:
    -I drink a minimum of 12 glasses of water a day
    -Nothing (with exception of unsweetened coffee) but fruit before noon on work days
    -Fast food no more then once a week
    -Buy nothing for the house I would be embarrassed about if people knew I was 250 pounds and wanted to lose weight (I'm 206 right now)

I've found setting these basic rules have made it easier along the way to be more thoughtful in all I eat.

Good luck to you, me and everyone on this site.

12 glasses a day of water is excessive for me...I have a difficulty drinking 4-8...When you work in an office setting stuck at your desk, I'm pretty sure running to the bathroom every 30 minutes is not a good thing...It sucks....
    But wow, everyone always says I look great because I'm tall....ANd most of my fat is in my lower body...I have a small flat stomach. Arms need to be tones...But everything else down south.....NOt a good thing.....so Ihate when people say that...
  • hope8311
    Options
    hi, r u using a food scale? r u drinking some calories and not accounting for them? its easy to log processed food, r u accurate with home cooked meals. eating processed foods although not as nutritious as most whole foods makes little difference in weight loss, basically calories in vs calories out. good luck

I am not using a food scale..However I log in every little thing....I love milk and soda, but have been sure to keep it away from me......soda anyways.... HOme cooked meals I make everything myself from the amount of veggetable oil to the spices to the veggies. I was told Ijust need to cut out the sugar..

But if this is a lifestyle change, I don't see myself refraining from sugary items forever.....
  • hope8311
    Options
    I looked back over your diary for maybe over a week.

IMO you could do with not adding quick cals, log everything I know it takes time but it is important that you do it :-)

Don`t skip meals. Try to plan your day the night before or the morning of the day and stick to it!

It can become an obsession, it did for me for the first few months, once you can work out how to make it work for you then it gets easier :-)

On the good side you are wanting to make a change and have lost some weight, so stick at it, be true to yourself, because only you can do this!

You will get there x

Oh thanks, but Ido log every little bit regardless of how embarrased I am...I log it all in and make sure thats one thing I don't skip over....I will makesure I will try to plan ahead of time...

Let me be totally honest with you... a couple of years ago I went to see my doctor OK, and I said that I eat very little and I watch everything I eat and I don`t over eat so what you gonna do about it. He prescribed me with Xenical. over 8 months I lost 1lb. Because I did not eat a lot of fatty stuff, so they did not work.

I went back and said hey these tabs don`t work, send me to a surgeon for lipo and tummy tuck.

so I went to the surgeon and he said lose some weight before we can operate!

I went home and joined MFP and realised that I was fooling myself by thinking that I did not over eat.

I logged everything that went in my mouth, and the weight started to go really fast.

If you are not losing weight then it is because you are not logging everything or your exercise is over estimated.

I don`t want you to think I am being harsh but this is the simple truth.

Calories in and calories out. You can look into the macros later x

NO you don't sound harsh, but am being honest, I log in every single thing that goes in to my mouth...With the exercise I use my heart rate monitor and calcualte it on my own....MFP gives me too many calories burned from working out so I add it in myself...I think going from 2000-3000 calories a day to 1200 is what is keeping me back...I changed my settings to lose .5 lb a week and it gave me an added 250 calories...So I will incoporate more veggies and fruits to allow myself to lose weight lets see ifthis works...

Thanks...I used phentermine last year and never exercised but stuck to a rigid diet, and lost 20 lb in 2 months...HOwever I was always so hungry....
  • rachelboddy
    rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do for you weight and your health is learn how to cook. Glancing through your diary, I saw you eat a ton of aloo gobi. Use that as a starting point. Indian cuisine is high in fiber (it actually does make you feel full, dont listen to the above poster) and protein, but low in animal proteins (aka low in fat). Buy a good beginners cookbook and start experimenting.

Also, try eating more calories. Counter intuitive I know. Starting in January, I was on weight watchers and eating about 1250 calories a day. It stunk, I was always tired and the sad thing is that for the five months I was on it, I lost only 4 pounds. Yup, I couldnt even eke out a pound in a month. Anyways, went to mfp and upped my calories up by 100 and I still had the same problem. This past month however, I moved up my calories to 1600 and I am FINALLY losing (about a half pound a week, a good amount for someone with not much to lose). The point of the story, Im a lot shorter than you and eating more. Certainly other things such as age and activity level come into play, but if you want to lose weight, try playing with your calorie intake.

this is funny, I actually do know how to cook...ANd when I eat the alloo gobi, I do't eat the potatoes, move them tothe side... I am stuck at a desk job most of my day so only have time to cook for an hour out of the day and be able to exercise....But with that being said, I am not really big on cooking chicken, turkey or beef...I do so once a month..But Isuppose Ishould start adding more...But Iunderstand how do Iin increase my calories , changing my settings, thanks

Hey there... what I've found to work pretty well is to cook my meats on the weekends, package them up and freeze some. This way it's already cooked for the week. My favorite is chicken. You can make a chicken salad sandwich, or a burrito, or just chicken and veggies. It's very versatile, it doesn't get greasy or dry like beef does for me. Also, another thing that works really well for us, especially since it's getting cold, is soups! We got a crockpot and fill it up, and the crockpot lasts both of us a whole week. Awesome awesome soup recipes out there full of good protein (like bean soups if you want a break from lean meats) and very easy to take to work with you. I also have a desk job and sit here for 10 hours a day, so I understand how difficult it is. I think if you take small steps and try these out, you'll start seeing results. Good luck to you!
  • baptiste565
    Options

I am not using a food scale..However I log in every little thing....I love milk and soda, but have been sure to keep it away from me......soda anyways.... HOme cooked meals I make everything myself from the amount of veggetable oil to the spices to the veggies. I was told Ijust need to cut out the sugar..

But if this is a lifestyle change, I don't see myself refraining from sugary items forever.....
    how do u know how much u r eating if u r not weighing it.
  • hope8311
    Options

how do u know how much u r eating if u r not weighing it.

I apoligize, so for the food the Indian food I make I know what exactly is going in the pot, however when I eat it I make sure to weigh it etiher a cup or half a cup.....The rest of my food is mostly processed
  • hope8311
    Options
    The best thing you can do for you weight and your health is learn how to cook. Glancing through your diary, I saw you eat a ton of aloo gobi. Use that as a starting point. Indian cuisine is high in fiber (it actually does make you feel full, dont listen to the above poster) and protein, but low in animal proteins (aka low in fat). Buy a good beginners cookbook and start experimenting.

Also, try eating more calories. Counter intuitive I know. Starting in January, I was on weight watchers and eating about 1250 calories a day. It stunk, I was always tired and the sad thing is that for the five months I was on it, I lost only 4 pounds. Yup, I couldnt even eke out a pound in a month. Anyways, went to mfp and upped my calories up by 100 and I still had the same problem. This past month however, I moved up my calories to 1600 and I am FINALLY losing (about a half pound a week, a good amount for someone with not much to lose). The point of the story, Im a lot shorter than you and eating more. Certainly other things such as age and activity level come into play, but if you want to lose weight, try playing with your calorie intake.

this is funny, I actually do know how to cook...ANd when I eat the alloo gobi, I do't eat the potatoes, move them tothe side... I am stuck at a desk job most of my day so only have time to cook for an hour out of the day and be able to exercise....But with that being said, I am not really big on cooking chicken, turkey or beef...I do so once a month..But Isuppose Ishould start adding more...But Iunderstand how do Iin increase my calories , changing my settings, thanks

Hey there... what I've found to work pretty well is to cook my meats on the weekends, package them up and freeze some. This way it's already cooked for the week. My favorite is chicken. You can make a chicken salad sandwich, or a burrito, or just chicken and veggies. It's very versatile, it doesn't get greasy or dry like beef does for me. Also, another thing that works really well for us, especially since it's getting cold, is soups! We got a crockpot and fill it up, and the crockpot lasts both of us a whole week. Awesome awesome soup recipes out there full of good protein (like bean soups if you want a break from lean meats) and very easy to take to work with you. I also have a desk job and sit here for 10 hours a day, so I understand how difficult it is. I think if you take small steps and try these out, you'll start seeing results. Good luck to you!

You know what I appreciate that, so if I cook the chicken or turkey over the weekend, and eat it later in the week it won't get greasy or have that fridge taste.? Iwill be sure to do that this weekend....
  • shrooki
    shrooki Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My two cents:

1. Cut out the desi food except for once a week.
    2. Cut the milk (except in the chai) and get rid of the cereal.
    3. Eat a proper british/desi breakfast of a toast, swiss cheese and honey with chai (fit for kings) and it's only 100'ish calories.
    4. Grab a box of ORIGINAL cheerios and snack on that.
    5. What i've been doing lately seems to be helping a lot. It's done a lot for me INCLUDING getting rid of pesky desi health issues such as oily skin.

Adios!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Still need to add more veg...if you were to put all the food (and drinks) you ate/drank in a week on a table....it should be a beautiful rainbow of greens, blues, reds, oranges, yellows, purples, etc.....if you take all your foods/drinks and all you see is browns/beige/tans.....you're not getting enough fresh fruit & vegetables. Not to say you cannot have browns and tans on the table...it just shouldn't be the dominate color.
  • rachelboddy
    rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
    Options

You know what I appreciate that, so if I cook the chicken or turkey over the weekend, and eat it later in the week it won't get greasy or have that fridge taste.? Iwill be sure to do that this weekend....

I am a very picky eater and I do not notice a funny fridge taste in the chicken. Turkey also does great. Beef not so much. Let me know how it goes!