What do you do (other than going to the gym) for exercise?

Options

Replies

• Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Tennis!!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I used to dance also. Now I run. I am looking into some adult ballet classes. They are through a ballet company and have levels so its not just for adults who never danced. I am aslo interested in learning mixed martial arts. I never took martial arts and it's interesting to watch UFC (amongst others).

Oh, I also hike when the weather is cool enough here.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy lifting weights... other then that I will play baseball or basketball but I enjoy the gym the most
  • nbooher29
    nbooher29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I HATE GYMS!!!! & Treadmills.......

I work on the 16th floor in a 21 floor building and walk the stairs for 20 minutes after work. I also do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and you tube workout videos.

It keeps it fun.

I also cheered in high school and played softball so working out never seemed so boring and like work. I miss fun things like that
    :(
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    For fun, and one reason I wanted to get into better shape, I play flag football and softball on the weekends. I also enjoy hiking. I've also done a couple of Warrior Dash's.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I love hiking!! Also bike riding and yoga. And I have a huge collection of exercise DVD's in addition to a gym membership. What can I say...I get bored easily
  • princessrtk
    Options
    Turbo Jam!
  • micabrito2012
    micabrito2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hand wash my Van, Run, dance with my babies, do yard work, have sex and read if I'm bored!
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    I burned 1340 calories on Dance Dance revolution over 5 hours yesterday. DDR is my primary workout. You can go pretty damn hard.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I never go to the gym. At home I pole dance, beat the punching bag, body rock, get on the spin bike, throw the sand bag around, or climb trees with the kids.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Adventure/obstacle races and horseback riding.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Bike to work. I DO take classes at the gym (LA Fitness), I've done yoga and Zumba but there are tons of others. I've also done some Zumba for Kinect and Wii Fit things. My husband currently plays on hockey and volleyball leagues and does basketball and soccer leagues during other seasons.
  • Coach_Jenny
    Coach_Jenny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love TurboFire!!! I also love to do things outside like hiking, walking, running and biking. I've been to a few Zumba classes and they are alot of fun too!
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I use the exercise bike at home, in front of some TV/a DVD. I'm considering digging out my Playstation2 and playing through some Final Fantasy games (never played before, ex-boyfriend lent them to me) and having a go on them while I bike.

I also swim quite a bit these days.

I'd love to get back into dancing, though. I danced every week from the age of 3 right until I was 16. I kinda miss it.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'm doing kettleworx... It's awesome!!! Also another fun one I'd boot camp! X
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi i do Belly Dancing and when I get the chance I go to Zumba
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Nobody is forcing you to go to the gym if you have other exercises you'd rather be doing, but I actually enjoy my time in the gym. I find it very relaxing and soothing. Outside of the gym I do enjoy walking my dogs, though.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bike, walk, hike, hills, stairs
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing is really fun and an incredible workout. That might be something that you like with your gymnastics background. I used to be a cheerleader and gymnast too - they say gymnasts never quit, they just become pole dancers ;)
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Softball, flag football, pick-up basketball games, and chase my 3 yr old all over the damn place. :bigsmile: