How do you love your brussel sprouts?

Options
124»

Replies

• Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    If you want to be fancy, you can do balsamic, pecans, and/or of course, bacon.

But for super easy, go with what tnqnt wrote: olive oil, salt + pepper, 20 min at 400 degrees oven.

I could eat pounds of them in one sitting.

Stir fry with walnuts onion and Bacon. splash of Balsamic Vinegar when done.

Also loveley steamed.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I like them best raw, fresh out of the garden. For dinner though - roasted with balsamic and BACON!
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It sounds like an odd combination but I find them to be very good mixed with sweet potatoes. Quarter the brussell sprouts and cube the sweet potatoes. Mix together and coat with olive oil, mix in salt, pepper, and a little garlic salt. Bake around 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Very simple but sooo delicious!!
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm odd. I like them with caramelized onions and ketchup.... >.>
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i didn't read all the replies so i dont know if someone said this already but i saute mine (till soft) with root ginger. it makes them edible, honestly.
  • ihave42cats
    Options
    on sale

no seriously, with a touch of butter or olive oil, tons of fresh garlic, and with a good char
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    what's pancetta? someone mentioned that........I will have to try them like some of you have said...all sounds yummy. My whole family likes them.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    With bacon and some maple syrup. Really, it's amazing!

(But my kids think I ruined bacon). :laugh:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Sliced and sauteed in a pan with a little olive oil or butter. Seasoned with whatever I'm in the mood for - right now it would be lemon pepper.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Lightly steamed then blasted in a super hot cast iron skillet with bacon grease and deglazed with some balsamic vinegar that reduces into a syrup in the pan, coating the tiny cabbages in deliciousness.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    what's pancetta? someone mentioned that........I will have to try them like some of you have said...all sounds yummy. My whole family likes them.

Essentially bacon that has been cured but not smoked.
  • lykei
    lykei Posts: 3
    Options
    chiken bouillon, onions, salt, pepper and garlic powder....that's a good helathy way with some butter if you dare!
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    sliced and peeled, a bit like a cabbage. Par boiled and then fried in butter, with lardons, shallots and lots of salt an pepper.

Not very healthy but really, really nice.